University of Cambridge Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Cambridge

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in December 2009.

Interview

I entered the room and was faced with a scene from the Bible. 6 balding aged men where sat round in a semi-circle and then proceeded to fire questions at me for 40 min until they felt they had build enough of a picture of my personality to make me an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in January 2016.

Interview

The process took two weeks. There are two interviewers. They were friendly generally. And they dress casually but interviewees may be supposed to wear suits. The interview was not long. They would ask more about the research you have done and will be doing.

Interview Questions

• The questions are not hard if you are well prepared. Like why this Mphil program? What do you know about the field?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in December 2012.

Interview

Having applied with by personal statement and my exam marks, I was interviewed by director of studies at the college i applied to. The process was quite straight forward from there.

Interview Questions

• Why Economics? Questions about my personal statement, about game thoery and some maths problems   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in December 2011.

Interview

applied through UCAS, took 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Hotelling model, production function, industrial revolution   Answer Question

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in September 2007.

Interview

It was definitely worth filling out all parts of the application. It might seem arduous, but it can really pay off in the end. You'll never have any doubts about whether you could have done anything different. After submission, the process was very painless, and I got a great offer.

Student Interview

Interview

Two 30-minute interviews. One with direct, pointed questions and the other more general in scope. On the first there were 3 economics and 3 maths questions. On the second I had to talk about inequality, my personal statement and analyse charts related to a tax reform plan.

Interview Questions

• What didn't the Bank of England raise interest rates after Brexit, despite the fact that inflation was 3% and the target only 2%?   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England).

Interview

First round written application of proposed project and CV, second round written application with more details on project ('long short list of 12'). This was followed by an interview day (shortlist of 5) - consisting of a presentation in the morning (anyone could attend except the other shortlisted candidates); lunch (with everyone in the department and the interview panel); interview (7 on panel). The final day was very exhausting but the job offer came that evening.

Interview Questions

• What's so important about this archaeological project?   1 Answer
    • If you were offered this job would you accept it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is based on experience - university wages are straightforward.

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

Video conference

Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in August 2011.

Interview

Mainly email communication, and one call. There was not much requirement, apart from a genuine interest and a good CV.

Senior Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Prior to the interview was a Word test (and old version, which made it a little challenging!) and an audio typing test. The interview itself was very traditional: panel of three including the line manager, started by talking through employment history then some behavioural questions. I actually found the questions to be quite low-level for the role.