University of Cambridge Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Cambridge

Senior Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Prior to the interview was a Word test (and old version, which made it a little challenging!) and an audio typing test. The interview itself was very traditional: panel of three including the line manager, started by talking through employment history then some behavioural questions. I actually found the questions to be quite low-level for the role.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview 7 days later. The interview included a panel of two senior staff members and the interview lasted 30 mins. I was notified the following day that I was successful and began the role the following week.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how you cope with competing deadlines?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Friendly and Organised interview with people who were not intimidating, this was preceded by a request for cv and covering letter. Questions were predictable: why do you want to work here? What skills do you have?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the University   1 Answer

PhD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Little time to prepare and organise travel arrangements . Panel were cold and didn't help the experience. Consisted of general statement and CV application, panel interview and presentation. Other staff seemed friendly. Took over three weeks to respond.

PhD Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in January 2016.

Interview

Preliminary interview with the department of zoology. After a first shortlisting process was called for an informal interview with a professor from the department. It was around 20 min long and she was friendly most of the time. I had the chance to be passionate and explain my research

Interview Questions

• Previous research experience? why this university? why a phd?   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a phone interview from the prospective supervisor that I had sent cold emails. The interview lasted for half an hour. The interviewer asked questions about my undergraduate research. The result was announced soon on the University's self-service system.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Since I had a full scholarship awarded by my current institute, my application to the University of Cambridge was pretty smooth and straight forward.
    The part that took longer was the language test. I choose to take the IELTS, where the Uni requires a minimum of 7 in each parameter (listening, writting, reading and speaking).

Interview Questions

• Why did I wanted to apply to this Univeristy/Institute? Why the choosen program?
      Was my past experience relevante for the project? Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in July 2011.

Interview

A phone interview with my potential supervisor where he asked me about my background. Tested on engineering formula and asked lots of questions about my background. I was also asked about my proposal for the project.

I was then invited to meet the research group during their conference. There, I was about to chat with the team and see if I was a good fit

PhD Candidate Interview

Interview

Emailed CV and cover letter, then telephone interview, then face to face interview, then online application, then industry sponsoring partner application review, then department application review, then college application review and finally degree committee application review followed by an offer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with my supervisor and another academic, during which I was mainly asked about the research I am interested in. Furthermore it was tested if I know what is happenning in that field of research. All verbal, no written test during the interview.