University of Cambridge Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at University of Cambridge

3.1

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got the interview invitation about a month after. I was interviewed by the PI and his colleague. They asked questions regarding my Master's research project. Some questions were related to the university choice and future career.

Interview Questions

• Tell us briefly about your previous research experience?
      Why do you choose Cambridge? How do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Phd Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

Everyone is very friendly. Asked to give a short self-introduction at the start of the interview. Asking questions about the research proposal and the future plan. The interviewer also introduced the PhD programme e.g. courses they will provide.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in December 2018.

Interview

It was quite friendly. They will try to help you when you don’t know how to answer their questions. They are very patient in listening to you. They are very helpful in providing you directions.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

My supervisor mistook the time, so I got the interview delayed for 1 hour. It was just a skype interview. Everything went well, it was not in a pretty formal manner

Interview Questions

• What do you do for your research?   1 Answer

MPhil Biotechnology Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

General questions about why select this course, my undergraduate thesis and future plan. Two interviewers, one course coordinator and one my potential supervisor, interviewed me and described the course as well.

Academic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in October 2018.

Interview

Good communication via email for invitation to interview. Easy location and interview instruction. Panel of four people, formal setting. Relatively friendly. Interview lasted approx 40 minutes with approx 4 questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation that you helped to resolve   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

It was a panel consist of three people, the lab manager, the hirer, and another person who collaborate with his lab. First of all, he introduced his project briefly. Then, they started to ask about my CV. At last, I got introduced to people who are already working in the lab, they showed around the lab and talked to me about their routine. The whole experience is positive.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online ~sept 2018
    Got an interview invitation within 2 weeks with about 7 days to prepare.
    I travelled from London to Cambridge for the interview
    Panel interview (3 interviewers)
    Few questions asked, asked about my previous project, my plans for the future (eg. Phd etc) and other hobbies...
    The interview lasted about 20 minutes and I was shown around the lab and got to speak with the other lab members.
    Got an offer a few hours later... which I accepted

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous lab experience, what was your project on? And what techniques did you use during your time   Answer Question

PhD Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in September 2018.

Interview

The application process was straightforward, similar to other jobs at this level - just a cover letter and a CV. The interview was a two-parter, with a short test followed by a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a mistake you made in the past year and how you worked to overcome it.   Answer Question

Student Interview

Interview

Two 30-minute interviews. One with direct, pointed questions and the other more general in scope. On the first there were 3 economics and 3 maths questions. On the second I had to talk about inequality, my personal statement and analyse charts related to a tax reform plan.

Interview Questions

• What didn't the Bank of England raise interest rates after Brexit, despite the fact that inflation was 3% and the target only 2%?   Answer Question