University of Cambridge Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Cambridge

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with 2 lab group leaders and an HR - 20 minutes, followed by a short meeting with a current Research Assistant who showed me how the work is done, followed by a chance to meet the other researchers within the group.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have which makes you best suited to our current research?   Answer Question

BIOINFOR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

The interview was taken by three people with mixed background. The three interviewer asked 3 different kinds of question ranging from project management to technical. They were very relaxed and asked mostly basic questions related to the job advertised.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the challenges of transcript annotation, and other basic genome alignment based questions.

Asked some question regarding the commonly used methods for analyzing next-generation sequencing datasets.

Some coding exercise for 40 mins   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Fair process, was asked about previous relevant experience, no trick personality questions. I was asked relevant questions about how i would solve problems encountered normally during the job and what tools i would use and whether i was familiar with the latest advancements in the field.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years in your academic career and what are two essential things that will take you there   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Very interactive and quick. It started 5min presentation on skills set. More interested on ability to manage decisions. Decision was made very quick and hiring process was well processed by the HR.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was mainly based on my previous experience in Statistics and Machine Learning. It was not particularly technical and the interviewer was very kind.
    The total duration of the interview was about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in Machine Learning?
      Tell me about a project you worked on based on a Statistical approach.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Interview

It was very in detailed about the project. It depends on the supervisor and also how you are getting the money for the PhD. The supervisor started with simple questions about the background and did go to more difficult questions, and more in detailed.I advice reading the relevant papers he has published.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some questions about the specific modelling platform   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a Skype interview, which was conducted by two research associates and a PhD student. The questions related closely to the job specification (and were therefore fairly predictable) and my previous experience. They wanted examples of experiences that directly matched the job role, but they didn't mind me drawing on informal experience for aspects that I had less research experience with.

Interview Questions

• What are you currently doing and why have you applied for this job?   Answer Question
    • What are the range of experiences you've had in research, relating to data collection and analysis?   Answer Question
    • What statistical analysis have you used or are you familiar with? (Specific examples needed)   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in December 2017.

Interview

I was invited to Skype interview with a panel of three academics from the department of Chemistry, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. I had been asked prior to the interview to send a short powerpoint through outlining my research proposal, which I then presented to the panel, and answered their subsequent questions about this and the field more generally.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe how secondary organic aerosols are formed from their gaseous precursors?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in December 2017.

Interview

I participated in two interviews in total across one afternoon. They were academic in nature and not hugely based on experience or submitted work. One was source based, the other was based on a personal statement. There was no dress code and the style was friendly but the interviewers were keen to push you and ask unfamiliar questions.

Interview Questions

• Outline the key features of this source   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for the post online before being contacted by email and invited to an interview at the university. The interview lasted around 30 minutes and there was a panel of 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Think of an experiment design/study to fit with the area of research and describe the process.   Answer Question