University of Cambridge Library Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at University of Cambridge

1 Interview Review

Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a brief tour of the particular area of the library that I had applied to work in, along with an opportunity to meet the team with responsibility for that area and ask incumbent team members questions.

Following the tour, I was taken by a member of the interview panel to the interview room. There were three panel members: the manager of the department that I had applied for a position within, the assistant manager of that department and a Director with overall responsibility and oversight.

The interview itself included a series of sensible questions directed towards my employment history, generally requiring me to extrapolate the lessons that I had learnt in previous roles and demonstrate that I could apply the benefits of my experience within the library context. I was presented with a brief exercise that tested my ability to prioritise a potential future workload under different stressful conditions. Finally there was a period of open conversation which provided an opportunity to ask questions and determine the kinds of responsibilities and future projects that were presented to employees.

Interview Questions

• How did (experience x) help you succeed in your following job role and how do you see it benefiting you at this library?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.