University of Cambridge Natural Sciences Undergrad Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge Natural Sciences Undergrad Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Cambridge

3.7

Natural Sciences Undergrad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. The first one was general one, about my interests and my motives. The second one was with 2 fellows about biology and the third was with a chemist. First one was around 15 mins, and the other 2 around 30-40mins each.

Interview Questions

• Asked about mechanisms of gene recombination and pH regulation. Asked about chemical structures.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Cambridge

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Interview

Two interviews. I applied for Physical natural science (chemistry and materials science).

First interview started off with chemistry questions about formulae for molecules and how I would deduce some. Followed to sketching mathematical functions which are seen in chemistry (Morse potential).

Second interview was completely on maths. More sketching function. Sketching quickly using whatever tricks you know

Interview Questions

• sketch the following function

I can't remember the specific form of the functions. one was the Morse potential.
      others heavily involved trig functions multiplied by exponentials etc.   Answer Question

Natural Sciences Undergrad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in November 2016.

Interview

Tricky questions, derive the equation for simple harmonic motion from energy conversation, suggest a mechanism for protein ligation, and a bunch of higher level maths. Note also some questions on biology and earth sciences came up

Interview Questions

• Derive the equation for simple harmonic motion from energy conservation   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.