University of Cambridge PhD Candidate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge PhD Candidate Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Cambridge

3.8

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a phone interview from the prospective supervisor that I had sent cold emails. The interview lasted for half an hour. The interviewer asked questions about my undergraduate research. The result was announced soon on the University's self-service system.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Cambridge

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Since I had a full scholarship awarded by my current institute, my application to the University of Cambridge was pretty smooth and straight forward.
    The part that took longer was the language test. I choose to take the IELTS, where the Uni requires a minimum of 7 in each parameter (listening, writting, reading and speaking).

Interview Questions

• Why did I wanted to apply to this Univeristy/Institute? Why the choosen program?
      Was my past experience relevante for the project? Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in July 2011.

Interview

A phone interview with my potential supervisor where he asked me about my background. Tested on engineering formula and asked lots of questions about my background. I was also asked about my proposal for the project.

I was then invited to meet the research group during their conference. There, I was about to chat with the team and see if I was a good fit

PhD Candidate Interview

Interview

Emailed CV and cover letter, then telephone interview, then face to face interview, then online application, then industry sponsoring partner application review, then department application review, then college application review and finally degree committee application review followed by an offer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with my supervisor and another academic, during which I was mainly asked about the research I am interested in. Furthermore it was tested if I know what is happenning in that field of research. All verbal, no written test during the interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.