University of Cambridge PhD Candidate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge PhD Candidate Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Cambridge

3.6

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

Two round interview process, first a fit/motivation interview then a technical interview discussing past work and digging deeper into knowledge surrounding that research. Outcome was emailed to me a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why study at the University of Cambridge?
    How does an SEM work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Cambridge

PhD Candidate Interview

Interview

Emailed CV and cover letter, then telephone interview, then face to face interview, then online application, then industry sponsoring partner application review, then department application review, then college application review and finally degree committee application review followed by an offer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with my supervisor and another academic, during which I was mainly asked about the research I am interested in. Furthermore it was tested if I know what is happenning in that field of research. All verbal, no written test during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Since I had a full scholarship awarded by my current institute, my application to the University of Cambridge was pretty smooth and straight forward.
    The part that took longer was the language test. I choose to take the IELTS, where the Uni requires a minimum of 7 in each parameter (listening, writting, reading and speaking).

Interview Questions

• Why did I wanted to apply to this Univeristy/Institute? Why the choosen program?
      Was my past experience relevante for the project? Why?   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a phone interview from the prospective supervisor that I had sent cold emails. The interview lasted for half an hour. The interviewer asked questions about my undergraduate research. The result was announced soon on the University's self-service system.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in July 2011.

Interview

A phone interview with my potential supervisor where he asked me about my background. Tested on engineering formula and asked lots of questions about my background. I was also asked about my proposal for the project.

I was then invited to meet the research group during their conference. There, I was about to chat with the team and see if I was a good fit

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.