University of Cambridge PhD Graduate Student Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 231 interviews

Interviews at University of Cambridge

Positive80%
Neutral20%
Applied online80%
Campus Recruiting20%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (London, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

I got interviewed by two panels, one comprising of my prospective PI and a junior faculty. The other panel comprised of the program director and an admin person. They asked technical and general questions. Overall the experience was great, very light and pretty much informal.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to do a PhD?
    Answer Question
  • What courses do you want to take in the taught module?
  • Tell us about the first project that you did?

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in Dec 2018

Interview

I applied online and got the interview invitation about a month after. I was interviewed by the PI and his colleague. They asked questions regarding my Master's research project. Some questions were related to the university choice and future career.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us briefly about your previous research experience? Why do you choose Cambridge? How do you see yourself in 5 years?

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,889

959 Comments

Teachers

159.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=University of Cambridge~35494
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in Dec 2016

Interview

Create a presentation on your research proposal, present the presentation. Answer questions about your presentation, past experiences that will be useful to the role, and practical experience that you may have in the field of the chosen research topic. Ask questions about the role and their own experiences? Discuss how this might work with you and them as your supervisor.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Cambridge

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in Dec 2016

Interview

Sent mail to Professor - received reply with few days- interviewed - got 2 months to confirm! Applied to university. Applied for funding and received within two generous fundings. Took the one that gives me greater flexibility.

Interview Questions
  • Two technical questions from FEM (Galerkin method), solid mechanics (state of stress) and then a general chat. The questions were not textbook based but from his research problem. It was brainstorming rather than having a definite answer. Counter questions from both sides! He also introduced me about the research culture in his group, courseworks, the nature of work, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in Mar 2013

Interview

1-day onsite interview. Tour through the lab facilities and face-to-face interviews with individual staff. It required me to know the details of the research they were doing. Tip: you need to be sure about the basics of the experimental physics because you get asked.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed