University of Cambridge PhD Graduate Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge PhD Graduate Student Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Cambridge

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in March 2013.

Interview

1-day onsite interview. Tour through the lab facilities and face-to-face interviews with individual staff. It required me to know the details of the research they were doing. Tip: you need to be sure about the basics of the experimental physics because you get asked.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Cambridge

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in December 2016.

Interview

Sent mail to Professor - received reply with few days- interviewed - got 2 months to confirm! Applied to university. Applied for funding and received within two generous fundings. Took the one that gives me greater flexibility.

Interview Questions

• Two technical questions from FEM (Galerkin method), solid mechanics (state of stress) and then a general chat. The questions were not textbook based but from his research problem. It was brainstorming rather than having a definite answer. Counter questions from both sides! He also introduced me about the research culture in his group, courseworks, the nature of work, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, South West England, England) in December 2016.

Interview

Create a presentation on your research proposal, present the presentation. Answer questions about your presentation, past experiences that will be useful to the role, and practical experience that you may have in the field of the chosen research topic. Ask questions about the role and their own experiences? Discuss how this might work with you and them as your supervisor.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got the interview invitation about a month after. I was interviewed by the PI and his colleague. They asked questions regarding my Master's research project. Some questions were related to the university choice and future career.

Interview Questions

• Tell us briefly about your previous research experience?
      Why do you choose Cambridge? How do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.