University of Cambridge PhD Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge PhD Student Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Cambridge

3.1

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

Lengthy interview with a large panel from the department. Topics can vary year to year depending on the panel. Specific information on your research project is needed in order to perform well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Cambridge

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

1 hour long interview. With three professors. Asked engaging questions, more to get to know the candidate than to trick them. Come prepared to discuss your previous research experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you could not find the data you want for your project?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Interview

Learned about lab through an internship. Sent in standard CV/cover letter and a Skype call with PI. Asked about my research experience, research interests and why I wanted to work in the lab I applied for.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in January 2019.

Interview

It was a very informal interview with 3 academics from the chemistry department. I first gave a short presentation on my previous research, which they followed up with questions. The questions weren't very technical, more about generic background information, steps moving forward, etc. Then it was more of a chat than a formal interview which was quite unexpected.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (London, England).

Interview

goood, a bit stressful, but people are nice.
    Cambridge is very competitive place. Especially for undergrads. Grads have relatively flexible time arrangment. GOod Friends. The weather is not great in winter, tooooooo muchhhhhh rain. but there is a great social life. But in christmas there are not too many people around though. Which is excellent. Cuase usually cambridge is packed with tourists. very very very busy.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

My supervisor mistook the time, so I got the interview delayed for 1 hour. It was just a skype interview. Everything went well, it was not in a pretty formal manner

Interview Questions

• What do you do for your research?   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Interview

It was very in detailed about the project. It depends on the supervisor and also how you are getting the money for the PhD. The supervisor started with simple questions about the background and did go to more difficult questions, and more in detailed.I advice reading the relevant papers he has published.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some questions about the specific modelling platform   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in December 2017.

Interview

I was invited to Skype interview with a panel of three academics from the department of Chemistry, which lasted approximately 20 minutes. I had been asked prior to the interview to send a short powerpoint through outlining my research proposal, which I then presented to the panel, and answered their subsequent questions about this and the field more generally.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe how secondary organic aerosols are formed from their gaseous precursors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England).

Interview

Last for about an hour. Got a tour afterwards from a PhD student there. Questions were all about past research and the current proposal - very intense, intellectually challenging but the interviewers are very friendly.

PhD Student Interview

Interview

Contacted on the due date. Had to prepare a power point presentation for the interview based on my research interest (5 min). Questions testing your understanding of different approaches to science (f.e. combining molecular aspects with physical ones).

Interview Questions

• Possible disease development mechanism (not yet established)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.