University of Cambridge Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge Postdoctoral Fellow Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Cambridge

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in May 2013.

Interview

Depends on lab choice. Mine was fine and very relaxing. I gave a presentarion and we discussed about future plans. I did a tour a tour around the building, the labs and i met people from the group.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Cambridge

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in October 2015.

Interview

I was applying from overseas and was in contact with the PI over email. I had 2 short skype interviews prior to a face-to-face meeting. The Skype interviews were informal and we just discussed the proposed background and my skills.

I was flown in for the interview and had all flights and 2 nights accommodation paid for. I meet informally the day prior to my official interview. Spoke for 2 hours about the proposed project, was asked how I would design some experiments.

The following day was a short 30-minute interview with 3 people including my PI on the panel. There was an 8-minute presentation followed by a discussion of my presentation followed by standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses?
      Cambridge is a small place, will you be happy here?
      Describe what you think the job project is?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

Basically, they had no idea what they want to develop. They had raised some grants on the subject matters they had no prior experience on. The interview process took such a long time.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.