University of Cambridge Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Cambridge

2.9

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

The interview was over skype and lasted about 30 minutes. Nothing about it was particularly difficult; mostly asked about previous research experience, academic awards, etc... The only thing that really bothered me, though, was that they said that they would get back to me in a week and it took an entire month.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about "x" on your resume?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for University of Cambridge

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

Involved a standard written application, a Skype interview and then an interview in person. People were friendly and I had interviews with many members of the lab and gave a research presentation about my previous work. It was a useful and non-stressful experience.

Interview Questions

• Give us a quick overview of your previous research experience.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

Applied for the role after a recommendation from educational supervisor in the department where I was conducting research. It was a short term assignment to further my research activities. I had an interview with two senior members of the department which was about an hour long after I had submitted my CV and covering letter

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

It was a panel consist of three people, the lab manager, the hirer, and another person who collaborate with his lab. First of all, he introduced his project briefly. Then, they started to ask about my CV. At last, I got introduced to people who are already working in the lab, they showed around the lab and talked to me about their routine. The whole experience is positive.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online ~sept 2018
    Got an interview invitation within 2 weeks with about 7 days to prepare.
    I travelled from London to Cambridge for the interview
    Panel interview (3 interviewers)
    Few questions asked, asked about my previous project, my plans for the future (eg. Phd etc) and other hobbies...
    The interview lasted about 20 minutes and I was shown around the lab and got to speak with the other lab members.
    Got an offer a few hours later... which I accepted

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous lab experience, what was your project on? And what techniques did you use during your time   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with 2 lab group leaders and an HR - 20 minutes, followed by a short meeting with a current Research Assistant who showed me how the work is done, followed by a chance to meet the other researchers within the group.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have which makes you best suited to our current research?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to a Skype interview, which was conducted by two research associates and a PhD student. The questions related closely to the job specification (and were therefore fairly predictable) and my previous experience. They wanted examples of experiences that directly matched the job role, but they didn't mind me drawing on informal experience for aspects that I had less research experience with.

Interview Questions

• What are you currently doing and why have you applied for this job?   Answer Question
    • What are the range of experiences you've had in research, relating to data collection and analysis?   Answer Question
    • What statistical analysis have you used or are you familiar with? (Specific examples needed)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for the post online before being contacted by email and invited to an interview at the university. The interview lasted around 30 minutes and there was a panel of 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Think of an experiment design/study to fit with the area of research and describe the process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in October 2017.

Interview

I have applied to a call for a position of research assistant and approximately 4 weeks later the university contacted me to schedule the interview. The interview involved a 20 minute talk (+5 minutes for questions) where I was required to present the research performed during my PhD studies and meetings with PIs.

Interview Questions

• I only got questions related to my presentation and some of them were technical but rather easy to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took 2 months to get back to me, but quickly followed by a panel of 3 for a face to face. Friendly people, good two way process. However, the next day was invited back for a second interview, but upon getting myself there at great expense, turns out the position originally applied for was no longer available and I was in fact interviwing for another! I certainly wouldn't have taken this up if I'd known that was the case. To top it up, I was never reimbursed the more than £80 of travel costs as promised, despite reminding constantly. All in all, friendly people, but seemingly little transparency and slow to act.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.