University of Cambridge Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Research Associate

University of Cambridge Research Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Cambridge

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was predominantly an informal discussion with the principal investigator about the project he got funded, and about the relevant skills I had in relation to the same. I was asked to give a presentation for half an hour on my PhD work, and was later given a tour of the laboratory. In particular, the principal investigator was keen that I meet other members of the laboratory to get multiple viewpoints of what working there was like. All in all, the experience was very positive, and felt a bit like going to a university open day.

Interview Questions

• Describe your PhD project. What made you want to do a PhD. What are your long term career goals.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Cambridge

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted after a week. Had to present my research and a study relevant to the group, was asked some questions about the role, and also answered some questions related to my CV. Got the job after a few days.

Interview Questions

• What is a Cochrane review; what are the limitations of the research (study I chose)   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in July 2017.

Interview

Thorough, in-depth, very specific, focused, versatile panel with diverse expertise, non-overlapping questions. Three rounds of interview. The panels were very well prepared and very well organized. They made the best use of every single moment (which I really appreciated because I am very pro-efficiency). I like challenging questions; don't care much if I know the answer. I was adequately challenged and that is the reason why I finally accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Very specific problems to solve; it was very relevant, and complex but I was given 3 mins of quiet time to think about the problem and take notes.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in December 2015.

Interview

Powerpoint presentation of the previous project I was involved. Interviews then asked many detailed questions to have a more in-depth scientific discussion and also understand if I have the skills they are looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in January 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by three people from the department. The interview followed a standard format, with no trick / silly questions. The mood was quite relaxed and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the University of Cambridge?
      What skills can you bring to the role?
      etc. etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England).

Interview

I started with a 45-min presentation, summarizing my most recent research and trying to focus on the most important and publishable findings of my research along with information about how I developed the relative techniques. Then a short meeting with the PI followed

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I am interested in this position and also to state the techniques and methods I am familiar with particularly related with the vacancy   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Cambridge.

Interview

private interview with few interviewers in the department. It really just depends on the interviewers' style. It doesn't have to be very formal. The interview process is fairly friendly. Quite enjoyed it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England).

Interview

Looked for job posted on the website.
    Sent out a few email exchanges to register interests and to make enquiries.
    Waited for 1 month before receiving the invitation for interview.
    Skype interview because was overseas at the time of interviewing.
    Two rounds of interviews with mismatch occurred at the later stage.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer to work at our lab as a PhD student rather than as a RA?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England

Application

I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, East of England, England) in October 2010.

Interview

Sent in my CV and received a call to go for an interview two weeks later. I was interviewed by two professors who were extremely nice. They did not ask me any difficult questions, but they wanted to know what PhD was about, why I was interested in the job and what I could offer.

Negotiation

I emailed back to state that they should take into consideration my previous employment experience and they came back with a counter offer which I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, South West England, England) in November 2009.

Interview

First I had a phone interview and then was flown in to give a presentation and have an in-person interview. They paid for the flight and arranged an accommodation for me during my stay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salaries are fixed in academia. So there was really not much to discuss beside science.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.