University of Cambridge Student Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Cambridge Student Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Cambridge

3.8

Student Interview

Interview

I submitted my Personal Statement with a Teacher Reference and predicted grades to UCAS. This step was followed by an invitation to the Interview which consisted of 2 interviews and an technical Computer Science Assessment Test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Cambridge

Student Interview

Interview

I was asked how I would answer a few problems. The questions were designed to probe how far I was able to go with limited knowledge and slight prompting from the interviewers.

Student Interview

Interview

Two interviews followed by an exam. The interviews were technical focus and the exam was strongly related to the course, questions somewhat like university examination questions, keeping their technical focus

Interview Questions

• Balancing items using a scale   1 Answer

Student Interview

Interview

During the interview I was asked many in-depth mathematical questions based on the courses listed on my CV. If I could not immediately answer them, then the interviewers gave hints.

Student Interview

Interview

Two 30-minute interviews. One with direct, pointed questions and the other more general in scope. On the first there were 3 economics and 3 maths questions. On the second I had to talk about inequality, my personal statement and analyse charts related to a tax reform plan.

Interview Questions

• What didn't the Bank of England raise interest rates after Brexit, despite the fact that inflation was 3% and the target only 2%?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in December 2017.

Interview

I participated in two interviews in total across one afternoon. They were academic in nature and not hugely based on experience or submitted work. One was source based, the other was based on a personal statement. There was no dress code and the style was friendly but the interviewers were keen to push you and ask unfamiliar questions.

Interview Questions

• Outline the key features of this source   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Cambridge (Cambridge, England) in December 2011.

Interview

applied through UCAS, took 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Hotelling model, production function, industrial revolution   Answer Question

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Cambridge in September 2007.

Interview

It was definitely worth filling out all parts of the application. It might seem arduous, but it can really pay off in the end. You'll never have any doubts about whether you could have done anything different. After submission, the process was very painless, and I got a great offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.