University of Cambridge Web Editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Find jobs for Web Editor

University of Cambridge Web Editor Interview Questions

Web Editor Interview

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed a fortnight after the closing date.

The interview was average by CU’s erratic recruitment standards, but really shouldn’t have taken place at all, suggesting poor preparation by those involved. It featured a panel of three non-academic staff whose questioning was vague, narrow and hurried that gave the impression that they’d never read my application properly - perhaps they were going through the motions with someone already lined up for the post. The interview actually didn’t open very well when one of the panel made an odd comment suggesting that they only vaguely remembered a simple personal detail from my application yet got it wrong. The interview required a very short presentation, but at least one of the panel appeared to have been expecting me to deliver something else, again as if my application had not been read properly. Lastly, the feedback was just a repeated list of parts of the person specification in usual HR gobbledygook that did not provide anything remotely constructive and should have been used for shortlisting purposes. Indeed, the feedback only went to confirm that I’d been led on a farcical merry dance by this institution and should have never applied. Once bitten, twice shy as the proverb says, given that this was not my first experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of our website?   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.