University of East Anglia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of East Anglia Interview Questions

Updated 19 Nov 2017

2.8

Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of East Anglia in November 2017.

Interview

Completed written application which had to meet all specific requirements for the role. After 1-2 weeks of submitting the application, I got an email inviting me to an interview. Written and excel test (20 minutes), before interview with 3 managers/ current workers

Interview Questions

• very awkward questions- 'Name an example when you contributed to a busy office environment and how did this improve the business overall?'   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of East Anglia (Norwich, England) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was by skype as I was applying from another country. So that made the process a bit awkward compared to an in person interview. The interview seemed to go well, and all the questions asked were fair and appropriate. There were four people on the interview panel. Each represented a department I would work for or with.

Interview Questions

• What type of way I thought research should be done.   1 Answer

Food Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of East Anglia (Norwich, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Not very good the panel didn't seem interested.l do feel that it wasn't very stimulating and from a panel of 3 only one person did all the taking.l didn't find the way that the interview went very relaxed.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of East Anglia.

Interview

I sent my CV and personal statement to UEA. I received a letter asking me to attend an interview on campus. As it was late notice and flights were quite expensive on the required dates I asked if it would be possible to attend the following week. They offered to do the interview via Skype. I was informed I got the position shortly afterwards

Interview Questions

• Usual general questions. Why do you want to work on this project? A recent paper that you read etc...   Answer Question

International Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of East Anglia (London, England).

Interview

Group interview with 3 other candidates. There was a series of group tasks, a controlled assesment and an individual interview/ presentation. The presentation was formal in foront of a panel of senior managers. PowerPoint facilities were available but it was also adivsed that handouts should be given to the panel in advance.

Interview Questions

• If you could invite anyone dead or alive, to a dinner party at your house who would you choose and why.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Anglia, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of East Anglia (East Anglia, SK (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

1 interview via skype. very friendly ant typical interview questions about research methods and statstics

Barista Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of East Anglia in September 2014.

Interview

I dropped by the café with a cover letter and a CV at the right time, when the manager was passing by, so she picked it up. As Unio and the Student Bars were connected, I first got a call from the Bar and did a trial shift on Fresher's Week which was quite stressful as I wasn't trained. I ended up mostly working in the café, where I once again did a trial shift but was explained how to prepare drinks.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a café?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of East Anglia in March 2014.

Interview

After filling out an application form, if successful, you will be invited to attend a group interview. The interview involves a group task and will assess your social skills, problem soving abilites and if you are able to work in a team. The staff is very friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• We were asked to solve a fairly difficult puzzle in a small group.   1 Answer

Interview

Applied for an internship, covering letter and CV. Friendly interview, standard questions based on experience and what you could add to the role. I don't really have much else to say, it was a while ago.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have previously had to run a project to tight deadlines and how did you make it work?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.