University of Edinburgh Interview Questions

Updated 8 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 103 of over 103 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh in Jul 2021

Interview

Initial contact with hiring assistant inviting to a standard formal Microsoft Teams based panel interview with three relevant members of senior staff, each asking their own set of prepared questions and scenarios. Scans of proof of right to work documents provided by email prior to interview.

Interview Questions
  • What challenges do you forsee the Learning Technology department being faced with in the coming year?
    Answer Question
  • How do you think data privacy and security pertains to the use of learning technologies within the university?

University of Edinburgh

Application

I interviewed at University of Edinburgh

Interview

That's 40 mins long interview. I first gave a presentation about my previous research then the panel asked me questions about my presentation. I also asked some questions about the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Edinburgh

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh

Interview

The employer asked me to give a presentation of my previous works. Afterward, the panel asked technical and non-technical questions. The interview ended with the explanation that when I will hear about the results.

Interview Questions
  • One experimental technique to probe the phase diagram of hydrogen at extremely high pressure and temperature is to use the shock-wave method. How would you thermodynamically model this process?

University of Edinburgh

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh

Interview

5 min presentation on motivation for applying to the course and why you want to do a PhD 25 min questions on my past experiences, the course. Any recent papers I read and why it was relevant to the field I'm applying for

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Edinburgh

Application

I interviewed at University of Edinburgh

Interview

It was a nice interview, although this depends entirely on your panel. My interview had 4 academic and one moderator, they asked questions in turn and the moderator asked some personal questions like what do you like to to outside studies at the end.

Interview Questions
  • Subject related questions that are associated with the project.

University of Edinburgh

Application

I interviewed at University of Edinburgh

Interview

personal presentation(4-5min), interviewer begin to ask general question(what's your career plan, experience in cooperation project, why you apply, what attribute you will bring to them), 10 mins left to ask them questions

Interview Questions
  • what's your career plan, experience in cooperation project,

University of Edinburgh

Application

I interviewed at University of Edinburgh

Interview

It was very good. the interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Asked general questions about why I want to be a resident assistant and how have you worked well with a team in the past?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Edinburgh

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh

Interview

I had the interview after I submitted my application for three weeks. But you'd better contact with the potential supervisor in advance. During the interview, there were three people, and they are very kind.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Edinburgh

Application

I interviewed at University of Edinburgh

Interview

Remote due to Covid. Interviewers were very welcoming and made me feel at ease. Passed the first interview and was invited to second interview. The time they offered was not an option for me but they were flexible with fitting it in to my schedule.

Interview Questions
  • First interview was standard interview stuff, second interview was more situational questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh (Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland) in Feb 2021

Interview

I was invited to interview and it had two stages. Firstly i had to complete a task where i reviewed and proof-read a document. I had to correct any errors. Then a panel interview with 3 people. Sadly i never heard back from them post-interview.

Interview Questions
  • Can you give an example of a time where you had to show leadership in a stressful situation?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 103 Interviews