University of Edinburgh Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Edinburgh Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Edinburgh

2.7

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

Saw the job advertisement online, applied on their site. Shortlisted for Skype interview after a month. Was asked to prepare a 15 minute presentation. The Interview panel had 4 people, who had questions ready based on the presentation I had to send in earlier.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions related to the position, how my skills aligned with the work proposed etc. What skills would be most beneficial, major challenges that could be faced.   Answer Question

Graduate Studio Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh.

Interview

The interview process was conducted in person with a panel of three interviewers. They each took turns asking questions specific to their role in the school. Although the questions were challenging they were appropriate for the the position. There was no feedback given after the interview process.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh.

Interview

40 min interview with research leader
    Interview included plenty technical questions although the interviewer was more than understandable and provided answers and explanation to the really tricky ones
    Over all the experience was really relaxed and even learnt new things about the research field in advance of starting working

Disability Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh in August 2020.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to interview around 5 days later.

The interview was over Microsoft Teams due to Covid-19 restrictions. I was emailed a case study 15 minutes before the interview and the first 3 questions were about the case study.

There were 3 people on the panel, all very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to this role and what experience can you bring to it?   Answer Question
    • How do you organise and prioritise your workload?   Answer Question
    • What does inclusive learning mean to you and how does this differ from the medical model of disability?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you successfully put a support plan in place for a student- what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh.

Interview

You have to prepare a cover letter and CV as well as answering some questions you will find in the application. There is also need for recommendation letters and transcripts.

Vet Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh.

Interview

Tour of the hospital and some interview questions based upon previous veterinary experience and skills based upon competency. Also some questions about future career plans and goals. . . . . . . .

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview took for one hour and was mostly about technical questions in area the job is posted for.The interview panel consisted group of four people and they shooted questions mostly in the technical area and the interview was average

Course Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh (Edinburgh, Scotland) in January 2020.

Interview

I had a 30 minute test followed by a 1 hour panel interview. It was a postive interview, 3 people who all took turns asking questions. I never heard back though, not even to tell me I was unsuccessful. It's been 4 weeks, and 3 emails to them later no reply.

Demonstrator Interview

Interview

There was no interview required for this position as your'e eligible to demonstrate when you're a PhD student. However, there was a mandatory induction course that takes one day and you will have to attend the course before you can demonstrate. The course is offered twice a year. There was no exam, just general information on what is expected of you.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview, only a demonstrator course.   1 Answer

Employed Interview

Interview

Relatively straight forward, with the typical interview questions you'd get asked in any other interview. The interview was relatively chill, took over half an hour. There were two interviewees present.

Interview Questions

• Why are you suited for this role; tell me about yourself; describe a time you took the initiative to lead/solve a problem..   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.