University of Edinburgh Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Edinburgh Interview Questions

Updated 27 Mar 2018

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh.

Interview

Interview with a panel of three and a pratical test to prove your writing, computer litteracy and skill to solve complains and problems. More than 2 hours, better go with your pad and prepare answers, questions and your Presentation. Look at their values.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2017.

Interview

I was asked questions that was on the job advertisements and asked skills that related to the job that I am going to do. It was very friendly the interviewer became my supervisor when I got the job and he is super cool

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in [certain topic worked by the team]?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh (Edinburgh, Scotland) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for Employ.ed on Campus internship in school of Economics. Process consisted application online, submitting cv and interview. Interview was friendly though skill-based. They asked me about courses I took to see which were relevant to that job. They also looked at academic transcript.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2015.

Interview

One Skype interview after a cover letter and CV style application. I was offered the position a day following the interview so I found the experience good and fast. The questions weren't too probing on the whole but I found that they were indicative of what the role requires.

Interview Questions

• Questions were quite generic, but asked about when I had to handle a tricky situation with others.   Answer Question

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewing process was very quick, within a week I was invited to the interview and got feedback 4 days later. There was a panel of three people during the interview for each of the main job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about how you deal with certain situations, for example if you were taking minutes in a meeting and someone contacted you afterwards to say there was a mistake in your notes what would you do?   Answer Question
    • They also asked how you would start organising a large annual conference for the researchers   Answer Question
    • I was also asked the 'usual' sort of questions, why do you want this job, what qualifies you to do this job etc.   Answer Question
    • Because this was a maternity cover position they did not ask about any future plans etc. But I would expect them to ask these kind of questions if applying for a permanent position.   Answer Question

Administration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2017.

Interview

The whole process was quite fast. I applied online via their website. I was invited for an interview with only 7 days notice. Definitely have a thorough plan of how to get to the office where your interview is!! Make sure to allow yourself at least 40 minutes to get there if you aren't familiar with the university campus/Edinburgh (the office I had to find was in an extremely obscure place). I had 3 people on the interview panel, it felt rather informal and chatty. I felt very welcomed. The interview was only 20 minutes of straightforward Qs then a 10 minute task. The task was very easy - I had to find the name of the Head of Edinburgh Global using the university website, then find the contact details of a Student Services employee. The second part to the task was to write a reply to an email enquiry from a prospective student from America. I wasn't offered the position but found the process not that painful. A long trip for me to travel just for a 20 minute chat.

Interview Questions

• What have you done recently to develop your skills for a position such as this one?   1 Answer
    • Can you describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • What sort of problems do you think you would encounter in this position?   1 Answer

Teaching Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh (Edinburgh, Scotland) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was informal and took 40 minutes. The panel was very kind and the conversation about the role and my previous experiences and background was meticulous. Several questions about the job description and the availability to work with students at different levels (Bach/Master/PhD). Every aspect of the job has been analysed such as my personal motivation. Nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Which teaching strategies you will adopt to teach to large cohorts of students?   Answer Question

Teaching Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh.

Interview

Overall, I found the interview process at the University of Edinburgh to be great! In my experience, it was a good opportunity to discuss the role and what I could offer, as well as to ask questions about the job and what was involved. I found the interview process to be fair and thorough. The offer of the job was extremely quick - which was a relief!

Interview Questions

• Discuss how I coped with a difficult experience with a student.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh.

Interview

I applied online via the advertisement posted. I was then contacted by email to arrange an interview. The interview was informal. It was a brief, one to one interview with the survey head asking straight forward interview questions that related to the job description.

Interview Questions

• Give me examples of a time you have shown yourself to be responsible.   Answer Question

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Edinburgh (Edinburgh, Scotland) in February 2014.

Interview

It is a panel interview with multiple candidates. It started off with a series of ice breakers so by the time you get to the actual interview you know everyone and feel a bit relaxed. Then you are asked different questions regarding the student experience and you need to define what are the essential qualities for a student ambassador. In addition, scenario based questions are used to identify how well do you know the campus and the services available to students. It wasn't a difficult interview but the trick is to make yourself visible and heard. Everyone is trying to say something so it might be a bit chaotic. In general, the staff is very friendly. Most of the candidates were students from 2 or 3 years from all variety of disciplines.

Interview Questions

• What makes a good student ambassador?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to enhance the student's representation on campus?   Answer Question
    • What would you do in case a child got lost during an open day?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.