University of Glasgow Interview Questions

Updated 24 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 47 of over 47 interviews

Employee Referral7%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

University of Glasgow

Application

I interviewed at University of Glasgow

Interview

In the zoom call, you meet the professor and talk about your research proposal. They ask ad hoc questions on how did you formulate your proposal, and why do you want to do it in the University of Glasgow. Previous record of an academic publication is a serious advantage.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you are going to draw funding to your research.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland) in Oct 2020

Interview

I was invited to a video call with two managers after providing a comprehensive and personalised cover letter, a full CV alongside entering my information on the recruitment database, and completing additional forms on the online system. Upon receiving the invitation I was advised to select a time from a variety of hour slots over the space of 2 days. It was in this process I identified that there were 3 interviews of a similar nature being conducted (including my own). I was also advised with 5 days notice to prepare a 10 minute presentation with a specific brief. I spent around 12 hours preparing this 10 minute presentation. Upon entering the meeting I was greeted by two individuals who told me about their roles, I was then advised the layout of the meeting in which I was told I would introduce myself, complete my presentation then be asked 3 questions. Within seconds I had to start my presentation and was advised they would be strict about the time limit. Once the presentation was complete I was provided no feedback, and we jumped straight into the questions. Again no feedback or discussion about my answers, I asked two questions at the end and was told I should expect the result within 1 week. I was emailed 2 days later to advise that they would not be progressing with my application, and received absolutely no reason for this or feedback regarding my presentation even when I emailed requesting this.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

University of Glasgow

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Glasgow

Interview

Quick. Shortlisted candidates are invited to a structured interview with preselected questions for all candidates. Prepare for questions about the research, your motivation and how the department is important in your line of research.

Interview Questions
  • What are your career ambitions? Describe your teaching style? What contribution can you make to the department?

University of Glasgow

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Glasgow

Interview

The invitation to an interview was through an automated email with no possibility to contact a real person for clarifications or additional details. Only a phone number was provided for urgent matters. The interview process itself was fine. The announcement of the outcome took way longer than they said.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland) in Jul 2020

Interview

Just had a phone call and they offered me the job - didn't ask any interview type questions, I guess they were just looking for experience and availability for working hours - was easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland) in Feb 2020

Interview

Applied by filling in the online application form through the university website and then was invited for an in person interview which lasted approximately 45 minutes. The interview was myself and 2 employees of the company. The interview took place just off the office that you would be working in.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland) in Oct 2019

Interview

Well handled. Polite, professional and courteous panel who managed expectations really well and confirmed outcome of interview on date expected. Really good candidate experience all round and disappointed not to get the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Glasgow

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Glasgow

Interview

Very brief 10 minute interview with two interviewers. They asked only about 5 questions in total, and most of the time was spent explaining various details of the job in question.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you were faced with leading a stressful situation with a lot of people.

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland) in Mar 2019

Interview

It's a part-time job so I just got a phone interview. I was asked about some basic questions about my understanding of this job and my CV. The interview was cheerful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland) in Jan 2019

Interview

There was a friendly panel of 3 interviewers. Each of them asked a question and took notes. The interview lasted half an hour and was a thorough evaluation of my skills based on the job requirements described in the ad.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a problem you faced in the workplace and how you overcame it,
Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Interviews