University of Glasgow Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Glasgow Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Glasgow

2.6

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Portland, OR (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

45 minute interview over skype

Interview Questions

• Nothing, it was really fairly typical and terms of my background, why glasgow and how I would apply my research interest to Glasgow   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation - these posts are very structured in terms of funding and benefits.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Glasgow.

Interview

The process was rigorous but ended up being a positive conversation. There were a group of interviewers. Each one asked specific question related to the resume and background. At beginning they made the situation friendly for me to settle in. They asked questions regarding some case studies provided.

Interview Questions

• What benefit will I bring ? What experiences do I have ?   Answer Question

Admin Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2017.

Interview

First, i completed an online application that requires answering Essential and Desired criteria questions.
    After a week of the closing date of application, I received an interview invitation.
    The interview had a panel of 3 Female staff members from different departments. They asked all the competency-based questions, very similar to the online application ones.
    The interview lasted for about 20 minutes.

2 of the females never even smiled during the interview and were asking questions like robots. I was surprised they didn't even know what my qualification stands for and was recruiting for the position.
    It was a very bad experience.

Senior Resident Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland) in June 2012.

Interview

Completed a form for the Resident Office and then got asked to attend an interview. The interview was pretty straight forward with normal questions and nothing that will be difficult to answer. Just use common sense.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland) in April 2013.

Interview

I got an invitation from the HR to visit Glasgow for an interview. They offered me 3-5 slots to select a time window for my presentation and later for the interview. They booked hotel for 1-2 nights and also reimbursed my air tickets after the interviews

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Glasgow?
      2. Questions regarding my previous positions?
      3. Questions regarding my research   1 Answer

IT Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland) in September 2009.

Interview

all email based... online submission of application 3 panel interview.

Interview Questions

• some detailed technical questioning around what particular middleware solutions would be suitable for particular projects...   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Glasgow in November 2017.

Interview

Two stages of interviews with two interviewers each. Second interview was done by senior staff and was a rather informal chat about the job. All interviewers were very friendly and accommodating throughout.

Interview Questions

• what challenges do you expect the university to face in the upcoming years?   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland) in August 2016.

Interview

Just a Skype call with the potential supervisor. We talked about the previous projects I worked for. I was asked about my goals and reasons for conducting a PhD. I got an unconditional offer even without an IELTS certification, they accepted my Proficiency of Cambridge from 6 years ago.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland) in April 2017.

Interview

A very casual discussion one on one with the personal investigator. Asked about previous work, then a couple of questions related to the project. Was shown the procedure of the tasks in this role, and asked how comfortable I would be following these instructions.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland) in May 2015.

Interview

First I sent my CV directly to the professor, she then emailed me for an interview. A few weeks later, she accepted me I only when I got this note I was able to apply on the University website

Interview Questions

• Why I chose to study that topic and I was asked to talk about my background   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.