University of Glasgow Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Glasgow Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Glasgow

2.6

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Portland, OR (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

45 minute interview over skype

Interview Questions

• Nothing, it was really fairly typical and terms of my background, why glasgow and how I would apply my research interest to Glasgow   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation - these posts are very structured in terms of funding and benefits.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland) in October 2019.

Interview

Well handled. Polite, professional and courteous panel who managed expectations really well and confirmed outcome of interview on date expected. Really good candidate experience all round and disappointed not to get the role.

Fresher's Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Glasgow.

Interview

Very brief 10 minute interview with two interviewers. They asked only about 5 questions in total, and most of the time was spent explaining various details of the job in question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with leading a stressful situation with a lot of people.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2019.

Interview

It's a part-time job so I just got a phone interview. I was asked about some basic questions about my understanding of this job and my CV. The interview was cheerful.

Interview Questions

• Your understanding of this job   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland) in January 2019.

Interview

There was a friendly panel of 3 interviewers. Each of them asked a question and took notes. The interview lasted half an hour and was a thorough evaluation of my skills based on the job requirements described in the ad.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you faced in the workplace and how you overcame it,   Answer Question

Lab Demonstrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland) in December 2018.

Interview

This job is a part-time job provided for third year, fourth year, master or phd student. The application process is to submit your personal related information and the lecturers would pick the qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• There is no interview and any questions. Once you submit the application, just wait for a reply   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Submitted CV for role as research assistant. Was interviewed by PI for research project and another academic. Interview was competency based, asked about what I could bring to the role and what I had achieved in previous posts. Offered role after this.

Demonstrator Interview

Interview

Nothing really much. If you a PhD student and you have some time to work you can apply directly and get picked based on your discipline and your suitability. No interview per se

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland) in October 2018.

Interview

3 interviewers, all very friendly. Asked questions surrounding my experience of the various techniques outlined in the job description, if I had no experience of that specific skill, they asked if I could prove understanding and an explanation of it. The interview stuck rigidly to info supplied on the job advert and only concerned this and my job role at the time of application, day to day work tasks etc

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in protein purification techniques? If so can you please describe how you've used these   Answer Question

Bicycle Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Glasgow (Glasgow, Scotland) in September 2018.

Interview

Mostly job orientated questions, but also general questions on team-work, time-organisation and problem-solving. The interview was 30 minutes and questions were asked by a panel with each panel member asking different questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you demonstrated good team-work during a difficult situation   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.