University of Hertfordshire Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at University of Hertfordshire

2.5

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Hertfordshire (Hatfield, East of England, England).

Interview

First I submitted my CV then I had an informal phone chat. I was then invited to an interview. The interview itself was also fairly informal and involved two members of staff. It was only around 20 minutes.

Student Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Hertfordshire.

Interview

Super friendly, super supportive and caring. Made you feel comfortable and at ease despite the interview panel having 3 interviewer's. Hiring process was fast and efficient. Answered queries with speed.

Networker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Hertfordshire (Hatfield, East of England, England) in July 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I filled in an initial application online through the university career portal. A week later was invited for a virtual interview. It was very easy and I was given the role a few days later.

Apprenticeship Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Hertfordshire (Hartfield, England) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fine. But it is extremely hard for non-white people to get a job at the University. Every time I have gone for an interview, I am interviewed by an all-white panel. I have been for an interview 5 times and have always been rejected. Based on feedback I have received, there was literally no reason for them to reject me. It is very hard if you are Asian minority to get a job here. Most of the people on the interview panel I think lean towards white. I never got a good instinct but always gave them the benefit of the doubt. I guess people’s words have proven to be right.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to leave the company you are working for?   1 Answer

University of Hertfordshire Response

24 Apr 2020 – HR Team Leader

We are sorry you felt your experience was poor. We do strive for both gender and ethnicity balance on our interview panels where possible, and use Positive Action to encourage applications from minority groups who are under-represented in specific Schools or posts.

H R AdministratorPaid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Hertfordshire (Hatfield, East of England, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Prior to the interview there was an informal test based on human resources tasks. There 5 was questions and all 'tested' skills one would use/need within the HR role/department which lasted 20 minutes. This was then followed by a panel interview with 3 people and this interview lasted about 20 minutes or so.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • With technology what's the impact on human resources?   Answer Question
    • Have you had to delegate tasks? In you previous role or ...?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you used your initiative? Is there anything you would have done differently?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with a lot of tasks at one time?   Answer Question
    • What do you do when you feel your concentration going down?   Answer Question
    • What sort of things did you did in your previous role?   Answer Question
    • Can you give us an example of when you dealt with a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Project Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Hertfordshire (Hatfield, East of England, England) in February 2019.

Interview

Heard back 2 weeks after application process closed. Interview was a week and a half later. Was offered the role a couple of days after the interview. 30 minute interview. All question based on giving examples of doing things. Panel of 3 people, all very friendly and casual.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of how you would get work completed from other departments when it wasn't a top priority?   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Hertfordshire in January 2018.

Interview

A typical interview: questions-answers. Sat in a room with five people. The atmosphere was very positive. Got to see the environment. Treated to a lunch. Have my travel expenses covered.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatfield, West Midlands, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Hertfordshire (Hatfield, West Midlands, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Applied online.
    Received an email that I was shortlisted for an interview.
    Interview was held at the University of Hertfordshire.
    Very professional and friendly 3 panel interview.
    Heard from them on the same day that it was not successful.
    Received feedback.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why did you apply for this role?
      2. Technical questions related to this role.
      3. Health and safety questions.   Answer Question

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, East of England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Hertfordshire (Hatfield, East of England, England) in June 2017.

Interview

It was brief. I was interviewed with 5 other students. Before the interview you fill in an application form, no need to send in a CV. The application form asks you why you're a good fit for the job and what your skills are. Overall it wasn't stressful at all

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hatfield, East of England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Hertfordshire (Hatfield, East of England, England) in January 2017.

Interview

interview with 3 manager; describe how you managed previous project , what is your motivation for applying for this job, tell me about yourself. interview with 3 manager; describe how you managed previous project , what is your motivation for applying for this job, tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

• describe how you managed previous project , what is your motivation for applying for this job, tell me about yourself, what is your weakness   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.