University of Huddersfield Interview Questions

Updated 9 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 11 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Huddersfield

University of Huddersfield

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield

Interview

It was mostly a group task along with a one-to-one interview. Your performance in the group task is not measured by how right/wrong you are. It is about how you are willing to communicate your thoughts with the participating members.

Interview Questions
  • If there was one thing I would like to improve at the university, what would it be?
    Answer Question

University of Huddersfield

Application

I interviewed at University of Huddersfield

Interview

I was shortlisted to give a Presentation of 10 min and additional time for questions to members of the business school. Following there was an Interview of 45 minutes with 4 panel members.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at University of Huddersfield? Why are you interested in this position? Describe your research path from the past 5 years till the next 5 five years. Which are your research plans? Describe your teaching philosophy. Which courses did you teach? Which is the course you are more confortable with? Which contribute will you bring in a research team?

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield (Huddersfield, England, England) in Sep 2018

Interview

Fill out the application via student temp.co.uk, then you will receive an email if you have made it through to the selection process. The selection process is a 3-4 hour process, including a presentation, fun group tasks and interview questions. You will be in a room with 100 candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield (Huddersfield, England, England) in Jan 2017

Interview

- Invited for interview after being shortlisted. - Typical panel interview, 3 academic staff (1 via Skype), 1 HR. - Staff were kind and non-judgemental - Generally relaxing for an interview experience overall

Interview Questions
  • About my previous work, about my skills relevant to the job description, 5 year plan,.. pretty standard.

University of Huddersfield

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield

Interview

Visit to HR for admin checks. Then a tour of the school, great opportunity to ask questions from someone not assessing you. Then deliver a short teaching session to a panel of 3 staff assuming they are the student group. Then an interview with four people; an independent chair, research professor, dean and head of school.

Interview Questions
  • Q: what course text book would you suggest to students?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield (New Delhi) in Apr 2016

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview overall and the application was put in through LinkedIn. There were above 300 application for this post, out of which approx 90 were genuine. It seemed hard but the focus and passion I had for this job made me get through. Being a former student of the same institute added a great advantage into getting through this job.

Interview Questions
  • How passionate I am about this job?

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield (Huddersfield, England, England) in Feb 2016

Interview

After filling in an online application I got shortlisted for an interview. There were 3 assessors on the panel and they all had a set of questions. Most of the questions were competency based, either asking for examples of situations where I'd faced a given issue or asking how I'd tackle an issue that I would face in the job should I be successful. There was also a proofreading and copywriting test.

Interview Questions
  • What would you take into account when planning an event on campus?

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield (Huddersfield, England, England) in Nov 2015

Interview

Face to face interview & presentation. Fairly standard. Panel with three members all of which i have worked with continuously since. It took quite a while to get the contract from HR - but was offered the job on the same day.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield (Huddersfield, England, England) in Jul 2015

Interview

This was an interview with potential supervisors and the head of chemistry. I had to prepare a presentation detailing some work that I had previously carried out and take questions on the work. After this there were other questions on why I wanted the role and technical questions to test my knowledge.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield (Huddersfield, England, England) in Nov 2013

Interview

There was only one stage to the interview process which was an informal and relaxed chat in the style of an ordinary interview. I was interviewed by the two senior members of staff who would end up being in charge of the social media representatives as a whole. The interview questions were archetypal, though some were centred around social media and my experience using it to promote myself. It seemed important to show my abilities with regards to the various social media platforms. (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube etc)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews