University of Huddersfield Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Huddersfield Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Huddersfield

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield (Huddersfield, England) in July 2011.

Interview

This job entailed a standard application form and an interview with a panel of people including the manager, head of department and a representative from personnel. The job was advertised on the university website and I applied via their standard application form. I was invited for interview within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• If you got the job how would you go about updating the website?   1 Answer

Marketing Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield (Huddersfield, England) in February 2016.

Interview

After filling in an online application I got shortlisted for an interview. There were 3 assessors on the panel and they all had a set of questions. Most of the questions were competency based, either asking for examples of situations where I'd faced a given issue or asking how I'd tackle an issue that I would face in the job should I be successful. There was also a proofreading and copywriting test.

Interview Questions

• What would you take into account when planning an event on campus?   Answer Question

Senior Lecturer Interview

Interview

I was shortlisted to give a Presentation of 10 min and additional time for questions to members of the business school. Following there was an Interview of 45 minutes with 4 panel members.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at University of Huddersfield? Why are you interested in this position? Describe your research path from the past 5 years till the next 5 five years. Which are your research plans? Describe your teaching philosophy. Which courses did you teach? Which is the course you are more confortable with? Which contribute will you bring in a research team?   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield.

Interview

Visit to HR for admin checks. Then a tour of the school, great opportunity to ask questions from someone not assessing you. Then deliver a short teaching session to a panel of 3 staff assuming they are the student group. Then an interview with four people; an independent chair, research professor, dean and head of school.

Interview Questions

• Q: what course text book would you suggest to students?   1 Answer

Regional Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield (New Delhi (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview overall and the application was put in through LinkedIn. There were above 300 application for this post, out of which approx 90 were genuine. It seemed hard but the focus and passion I had for this job made me get through. Being a former student of the same institute added a great advantage into getting through this job.

Interview Questions

• How passionate I am about this job?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield (Huddersfield, England) in January 2017.

Interview

- Invited for interview after being shortlisted.
    - Typical panel interview, 3 academic staff (1 via Skype), 1 HR.
    - Staff were kind and non-judgemental
    - Generally relaxing for an interview experience overall

Interview Questions

• About my previous work, about my skills relevant to the job description, 5 year plan,.. pretty standard.   Answer Question

Postgraduate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield (Huddersfield, England) in July 2015.

Interview

This was an interview with potential supervisors and the head of chemistry. I had to prepare a presentation detailing some work that I had previously carried out and take questions on the work. After this there were other questions on why I wanted the role and technical questions to test my knowledge.

Social Media Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield (Huddersfield, England) in November 2013.

Interview

There was only one stage to the interview process which was an informal and relaxed chat in the style of an ordinary interview. I was interviewed by the two senior members of staff who would end up being in charge of the social media representatives as a whole.

The interview questions were archetypal, though some were centred around social media and my experience using it to promote myself. It seemed important to show my abilities with regards to the various social media platforms. (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube etc)

Interview Questions

• Have you used social media to promote yourself and how?   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield (Huddersfield, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Face to face interview & presentation.

Fairly standard.

Panel with three members all of which i have worked with continuously since. It took quite a while to get the contract from
    HR - but was offered the job on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Examples of data strategies   1 Answer

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huddersfield, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Huddersfield (Huddersfield, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Fill out the application via student temp.co.uk, then you will receive an email if you have made it through to the selection process. The selection process is a 3-4 hour process, including a presentation, fun group tasks and interview questions. You will be in a room with 100 candidates.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.