University of Leicester Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at University of Leicester

2.9

PhD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in January 2020.

Interview

The potential supervisors and staff from another department carry out the interview. Really relaxed will give you feedback along the way. Ask about a paper that I have read recently that interest me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your MSci Project   1 Answer

Career Development Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester in August 2019.

Interview

I received an initial call to book an interview. I was asked to prepare a presentation, and I was interviewed by three people. The interview was over Skype and there were some technology difficulties, but they were very gracious about it. I found their approach very personable. I was called to book the interview, and when I didn't get the position, they called and provided me with useful feedback. Overall, a very pleasant and professional interview experience.

Project Interview

Interview

just your general sort of interview, reasonable questions, nice people some difficult questions some easy questions. had looked at my cv in lots of detail, asked about some random things, overall it was a good experience in my opinion

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in June 2019.

Interview

I got an interview at the University of Leicester cardiovascular research center at Leicester hospital, which was difficult to find. So I got lost for more than half-hour in the hospital, leads to I was late for the interview.

Interview Questions

• If I got one patient sample was labeled wrong, what will I do?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Leicester (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview was held five months before I was offered, five persons conducted the interview with me via Skype. I learned the day after the interview that I was the best candidate of those interviewed.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I handled a difficult situation where I had to weigh doing the right thing against supporting my team.   1 Answer

Professional Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England).

Interview

Applied for new job a grade higher than mine: 8 rather than 7 now with more project and person managerial responsibility. Interview felt fair and reasonable and someone else got job due to more experience having done similar.

Football Activator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England).

Interview

Involved a chat and had to give a presentation. Interview was simple for a part time job. Presentation had to be relevant to any football experience you had previously.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Reported to reception, and was led down to a basement room. Panel of three, asked standard hypothetical questions but they did not appear too interested, so by the end of the interview neither was I. There was no offer of a tour of the department, or any of the workshops which was surprising,

Interview Questions

• Name an occasion when I had to repremand/ tell off a member of my team.   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in July 2017.

Interview

The general atmosphere was politely hostile. The panel was more interested to show off than to understand the real potential of the candidates. I don’t have to say that before starting my interview I assisted to the very warm welcome directed to one of the other candidates (technically not an internal candidate but very well-known to the panel). I don’t want to know who finally got the job, but for me it was a total waste of time. These situations discourage even the most well-intentioned candidates.

Interview Questions

• If we hire you, how and when are you going to bring us money?   1 Answer
    • Why did you chose us?   Answer Question

Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview by the team leader of the Central Research Facility and another member of the animal technician team. Was instantly helped with feeling at ease with the process. The interview was broken down into several sections including Commercial Awareness, Skills and Competencies etc. Alot of the skills questions were very STAR orientated, requiring examples from previous work experience. Each person took turns asking me questions relevant to their area. Afterwards, was taken for a very insightful tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What positions of responsibility have you held?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time where you had to work within a team? -   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time where you found communication difficult?   Answer Question
    • What are your views on animal testing?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.