University of Leicester Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 4 Nov 2017

2.9

Football Activator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England).

Interview

Involved a chat and had to give a presentation. Interview was simple for a part time job. Presentation had to be relevant to any football experience you had previously.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Reported to reception, and was led down to a basement room. Panel of three, asked standard hypothetical questions but they did not appear too interested, so by the end of the interview neither was I. There was no offer of a tour of the department, or any of the workshops which was surprising,

Interview Questions

• Name an occasion when I had to repremand/ tell off a member of my team.   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in July 2017.

Interview

The general atmosphere was politely hostile. The panel was more interested to show off than to understand the real potential of the candidates. I don’t have to say that before starting my interview I assisted to the very warm welcome directed to one of the other candidates (technically not an internal candidate but very well-known to the panel). I don’t want to know who finally got the job, but for me it was a total waste of time. These situations discourage even the most well-intentioned candidates.

Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview by the team leader of the Central Research Facility and another member of the animal technician team. Was instantly helped with feeling at ease with the process. The interview was broken down into several sections including Commercial Awareness, Skills and Competencies etc. Alot of the skills questions were very STAR orientated, requiring examples from previous work experience. Each person took turns asking me questions relevant to their area. Afterwards, was taken for a very insightful tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What positions of responsibility have you held?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time where you had to work within a team? -   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time where you found communication difficult?   Answer Question
    • What are your views on animal testing?   Answer Question

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in October 2016.

Interview

There are two stages, the first is applying through your CV and then this is followed by an assessment centre. Group work preparing and presenting presentations constituted the entirety of it for me.

Interview Questions

• For a presentation: Do a presentation on why it is good to apply to the University   Answer Question

Residential Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in May 2016.

Interview

Assessment centre: Group interview and role playing activity.
    The process takes about 3 hours with 2 breaks, they test your ability by simulating work situations you'd encounter. They test your ability to deal with a range of personalities in varied situations and your knowledge on the university and accommodation services.

Interview Questions

• What does university accommodation mean to you?   1 Answer

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Application form on the university of leicester careers page with typical questions about personal details, work experience, academic results etc etc. Didnt take very long. Then was invited to the interview with three members of staff which each took it in turns to ask questions related to their stream (Lab leader, technician, general science questions.)

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted via Skype as I was not in a near distance. There was a panel of three persons and all were very welcoming and polite. The weird thing is that they contacted my referees before the interview -what a strange practice... Anyway, It was unfortunate that the sound was not particularly clear but at the end I was informed that their decision was ultimately down to who had the most relevant experience for the post, and their preferred candidate had more experience in the field, etc.

Interview Questions

• The interview was competency based drawing on my past experience.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in December 2014.

Interview

A one hour 1-on-1 with the PI, followed by a panel-interview in which you're asked to make a 15 minute presentation on your research experience. The panel then asks you questions on the research presented and on their research, plans etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now? How do you plan on getting there?
      All other questions were research specific, on experience with certain techniques, plans for tackling a particular type of research question, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Lectureship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in April 2014.

Interview

Friendly, emphasis was placed on publications, four people sat on the panel, interview was followed by presentation about research, questions were put in a nice way, no pressure was applied, it is generally a friendly environment. But one must build a good research profile for getting a job offer.

Interview Questions

• questions re research, past experience, funding projects, teaching and student satisfaction, reasons why applying,   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.