University of Leicester Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 23 Nov 2017

2.9

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in July 2017.

Interview

The general atmosphere was politely hostile. The panel was more interested to show off than to understand the real potential of the candidates. I don’t have to say that before starting my interview I assisted to the very warm welcome directed to one of the other candidates (technically not an internal candidate but very well-known to the panel). I don’t want to know who finally got the job, but for me it was a total waste of time. These situations discourage even the most well-intentioned candidates.

GTA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in February 2013.

Interview

I ve sent a research proposal. Then I learned that I was shrtlistd.
    On the same day I had to give a presentation about my reasearch plan and after that a personal interview.

Professional Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England).

Interview

Applied for new job a grade higher than mine: 8 rather than 7 now with more project and person managerial responsibility. Interview felt fair and reasonable and someone else got job due to more experience having done similar.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Reported to reception, and was led down to a basement room. Panel of three, asked standard hypothetical questions but they did not appear too interested, so by the end of the interview neither was I. There was no offer of a tour of the department, or any of the workshops which was surprising,

Interview Questions

• Name an occasion when I had to repremand/ tell off a member of my team.   1 Answer

Residential Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in May 2016.

Interview

Assessment centre: Group interview and role playing activity.
    The process takes about 3 hours with 2 breaks, they test your ability by simulating work situations you'd encounter. They test your ability to deal with a range of personalities in varied situations and your knowledge on the university and accommodation services.

Interview Questions

• What does university accommodation mean to you?   1 Answer

Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview by the team leader of the Central Research Facility and another member of the animal technician team. Was instantly helped with feeling at ease with the process. The interview was broken down into several sections including Commercial Awareness, Skills and Competencies etc. Alot of the skills questions were very STAR orientated, requiring examples from previous work experience. Each person took turns asking me questions relevant to their area. Afterwards, was taken for a very insightful tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What positions of responsibility have you held?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time where you had to work within a team? -   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time where you found communication difficult?   Answer Question
    • What are your views on animal testing?   Answer Question

Medical Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Very chilled interview. Not too intense, just an interview with a panel. It lasted approximately 1 hour, and asked about myself, a few competency questions, scenarios of difficult situations were also asked.

Interview Questions

• basic stats questions, competency questions, a bit about yourself,   1 Answer

Senior Lectureship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in April 2014.

Interview

Friendly, emphasis was placed on publications, four people sat on the panel, interview was followed by presentation about research, questions were put in a nice way, no pressure was applied, it is generally a friendly environment. But one must build a good research profile for getting a job offer.

Interview Questions

• questions re research, past experience, funding projects, teaching and student satisfaction, reasons why applying,   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Application form on the university of leicester careers page with typical questions about personal details, work experience, academic results etc etc. Didnt take very long. Then was invited to the interview with three members of staff which each took it in turns to ask questions related to their stream (Lab leader, technician, general science questions.)

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted via Skype as I was not in a near distance. There was a panel of three persons and all were very welcoming and polite. The weird thing is that they contacted my referees before the interview -what a strange practice... Anyway, It was unfortunate that the sound was not particularly clear but at the end I was informed that their decision was ultimately down to who had the most relevant experience for the post, and their preferred candidate had more experience in the field, etc.

Interview Questions

• The interview was competency based drawing on my past experience.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.