University of Leicester Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 23 Nov 2017

2.9

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in December 2014.

Interview

A one hour 1-on-1 with the PI, followed by a panel-interview in which you're asked to make a 15 minute presentation on your research experience. The panel then asks you questions on the research presented and on their research, plans etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now? How do you plan on getting there?
      All other questions were research specific, on experience with certain techniques, plans for tackling a particular type of research question, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Lectureship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in April 2014.

Interview

Friendly, emphasis was placed on publications, four people sat on the panel, interview was followed by presentation about research, questions were put in a nice way, no pressure was applied, it is generally a friendly environment. But one must build a good research profile for getting a job offer.

Interview Questions

• questions re research, past experience, funding projects, teaching and student satisfaction, reasons why applying,   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by skype. The interview was done me versus three professors. My PI and two professors, from two different departments to test my technical skills. It was around 90 minutes, and they asked me about my background and technical questions about what I would solve some specific problems. At the end I asked questions about the position that I had applied.

Interview Questions

• How i would been able to model network neuronal dynamics.   Answer Question

Medical Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Very chilled interview. Not too intense, just an interview with a panel. It lasted approximately 1 hour, and asked about myself, a few competency questions, scenarios of difficult situations were also asked.

Interview Questions

• basic stats questions, competency questions, a bit about yourself,   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester.

Interview

You have to fill out on-line form with a detailed resume. After being invited for interview, had to give a 5 min talk about my former projects.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

GTA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in February 2013.

Interview

I ve sent a research proposal. Then I learned that I was shrtlistd.
    On the same day I had to give a presentation about my reasearch plan and after that a personal interview.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in October 2012.

Interview

informal, because the position is only provided for PhD students in the department. After submitting CV, the recruitment panel, including an administration and an academic staffs, asked basic questions. After a week, the department will let you know the outcome.

Interview Questions

• why you applied for this job? Give a short presentation to explain an economic notation.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester in April 2009.

Interview

- Online application form with research interests form - must include two academic references.
    - Interviews usually take place in two batches ("Open Opportunity" days)
    - Usually ~15 people per day for whole of Physics Dept.
    - Interviews carried out by 2 members of staff, usually the person who is offering to supervise an individual project and one additional academic.
    - May have more than one interview depending on the number of projects you are interested in.
    - In the interview, they will want to know about your Masters' research project, and may test your general physics knowledge (depends on interviewer). The project offered will be explained in more detail.
    - In preparation for the interview, it's a good idea to do some background research into the subject area of the project.
    - Don't be afraid to apply after the deadline - you may be offered an interview at a later date, especially if a project is still available.

Interview Questions

• Derivation of the Earth's surface temperature, including any assumptions you make.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in April 2007.

Interview

When the time of the job advertised, I was just graduated from my masters in science. So, I was applied for the job and been short-listed. In my interview panel, there were three people ( two scientists and one departmental manager ) who were nice to me showing around the labs to ease off my nerves. Eventually, my job interview went for 40 mins and i was selected.

Interview Questions

• What research experience I had in the past?   1 Answer