University of Leicester Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Leicester Interview Questions

2.9

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester.

Interview

You have to fill out on-line form with a detailed resume. After being invited for interview, had to give a 5 min talk about my former projects.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in April 2007.

Interview

When the time of the job advertised, I was just graduated from my masters in science. So, I was applied for the job and been short-listed. In my interview panel, there were three people ( two scientists and one departmental manager ) who were nice to me showing around the labs to ease off my nerves. Eventually, my job interview went for 40 mins and i was selected.

Interview Questions

• What research experience I had in the past?   1 Answer

Residential Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in May 2016.

Interview

Assessment centre: Group interview and role playing activity.
    The process takes about 3 hours with 2 breaks, they test your ability by simulating work situations you'd encounter. They test your ability to deal with a range of personalities in varied situations and your knowledge on the university and accommodation services.

Interview Questions

• What does university accommodation mean to you?   1 Answer

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Reported to reception, and was led down to a basement room. Panel of three, asked standard hypothetical questions but they did not appear too interested, so by the end of the interview neither was I. There was no offer of a tour of the department, or any of the workshops which was surprising,

Interview Questions

• Name an occasion when I had to repremand/ tell off a member of my team.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in December 2014.

Interview

A one hour 1-on-1 with the PI, followed by a panel-interview in which you're asked to make a 15 minute presentation on your research experience. The panel then asks you questions on the research presented and on their research, plans etc.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now? How do you plan on getting there?
      All other questions were research specific, on experience with certain techniques, plans for tackling a particular type of research question, etc.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in August 2016.

Interview

The first stage was sending a CV and covering letter, the second was an interview and the final stage was a trial interview. The CV had to fit the job description and the universities competency framework. The interview lasted approximately half an hour and was with the manager and the assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the most important skills for this job are?   1 Answer

Senior Lectureship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in April 2014.

Interview

Friendly, emphasis was placed on publications, four people sat on the panel, interview was followed by presentation about research, questions were put in a nice way, no pressure was applied, it is generally a friendly environment. But one must build a good research profile for getting a job offer.

Interview Questions

• questions re research, past experience, funding projects, teaching and student satisfaction, reasons why applying,   Answer Question

Medical Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Very chilled interview. Not too intense, just an interview with a panel. It lasted approximately 1 hour, and asked about myself, a few competency questions, scenarios of difficult situations were also asked.

Interview Questions

• basic stats questions, competency questions, a bit about yourself,   1 Answer

Football Activator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England).

Interview

Involved a chat and had to give a presentation. Interview was simple for a part time job. Presentation had to be relevant to any football experience you had previously.