University of Lincoln Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Lincoln Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Lincoln

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Lincoln in September 2019.

Interview

Very smooth interview, no unexpected interview questions. The panel made me comfortable and it was conversational. The Hr seemed professional but at times they took longer to respond to my queries. The most annoying part was that the dean responded with such an entusiastic manner saying an excellent answer...every time I answerd. Even after a month or so ..they didnt bother to tell me the results, unless I pinged them.

Interview Questions

• Tell us an example of Collaboration. How would you teach our students? What subjects you can teach?   Answer Question

29 Nov 2019 – HR Operational Services Manager

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with us.

We appreciate your feedback and please do feel free to get in touch with me on the details below if you have anything further that you would like to comment on.

Best Wishes,

Laura Garratt
    lgarratt@lincoln.ac.uk

Careers & Employability Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Lincoln (Lincoln, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Starting with a 30 minute strengths interview with a panel of 3 which was reasonably relaxed and then a 45 minute competency interview to include a presentation, with a panel of 4.
    The presentation could be in any format but I got the feeling they expected Powerpoint. The question for the presentation asked what the major challenges are in supporting graduates into sustainable graduate level employment.
    From start to finish this interview process was the most professional I have ever had and I would definitely apply to Lincoln uni again, it was a very positive experience.
    I got a call the same day but unfortunately didn't get the post, I was given some very positive feedback and told there was only one mark in it between myself and the successful candidate. This has made me realise that if anything can be added to get those extra points during interview questions, it does make a difference.

Interview Questions

• What is good labour market information?   1 Answer

Sports Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Lincoln (Lincoln, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Series of relevant questions, group interview, 2 hour time scale process, relaxed and welcoming atmosphere, detailed and formal interview, questions were relevant and they discussed your history, current exam timetable, availability, knowledge of industry.

Interview Questions

University of Lincoln Response

4 Jan 2019 – HR Operational Services Manager

We are really pleased that you had a great interview experience. If you have any questions for HR that we can help you with when you join us, please do get in touch. Many thanks

Video Editor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Lincoln in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was short and sweet, being asked about previous experience I had in relation to the job. I met the lead manager and one of my supervisors and the experience was not dissimilar to a standard interview for any other job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience dealing with situations that have gone wrong and how have you worked around that situation   Answer Question

2 Aug 2019 – HR Operational Services Manager

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment.

We are really pleased that you had a positive experience.

Best Wishes,

Laura Garratt
    HR Operational Services Manager

Eployability Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Lincoln (Lincoln, England) in January 2016.

Interview

competency based formal interview in front of panel of three ( 1hour long) , 10minute presentation on topic of choice, informal group interview with internal stakeholders (30mins long)

I was given the choice as to do the presentation or interview first. it was formal yet relaxed, with an intern also present. they were also keening in finding out why I had applied for the role so I suggest thinking this through if you are applying to different universities, why Lincoln in particular.

phoned on same day for result, given extensive feedback, even though I was not successful they discussed what I had presented well and what to improve on. was defiantly worth the experience.

Interview Questions

• what is your understanding of the graduate labour market   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Lincoln (Lincoln, England) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was smooth and simple. It was preceded by a written test. The interview started with a presentation. The panel consists of three interviewers (the supervisor, the department's head and an IT collaborator). It was a very friendly conversation between the interviewee and the interviewers. The HR provided good assistance before the interview.

Interview Questions

University of Lincoln Response

28 Sep 2018 – HR Operational Services Manager

We are really pleased that you had a great interview experience. If you have any questions for HR that we can help you with, please do get in touch. Many thanks

PhD Studentship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Lincoln.

Interview

it's a PhD project about the cultural heritage and museum. the interview asked the candidate to give this 10 minutes presentation on your approach to the problem of 'dissonance' that you can anticipate a museum facing. the interview was ok, although can't say it's easy.

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Lincoln in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was smooth: Shortlisted less than a week after submitting a CV, asked for an interview over skype. The interview was a two-stage one: presentation of past projects + a few questions related to the international project that the position was intended for. Positive attitude of the interviewers, very stress-free interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the most difficult aspects of large projects ?
      What are your career plans?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.