University of Manchester Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Manchester Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Manchester

2.6

Ra Interview

Interview

Had simple questions in basic physics. The interviews were straight out of a book and had simple answers. Nothing about anything hat requires deep thinking. At times they mocked at my answers, guess because my accent wasn't british.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

Just asking some motivation questions., why here, why this position and quite basic in the Skype form and it’s pretty easy and in a short process and not really hard.......

Research Support Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England).

Interview

Very formal and intimidating with interrogating questions. Old school interview style.

Did interview before the test which is very odd. Nearly all organisations do the test beforehand. Also was told the test was about Microsoft Excel and Word skills but it turned out to be a technical test where you needed some knowledge on how the Uni processed research grant proposals. Also the test itself was not clear on what I needed to complete, very wordy.

The management culture within the Uni seems very toxic, something HR should address. Definitely will not be applying for future jobs.

Interview Questions

• Strangest question was what would you consider good practice and what would you consider bad practice. Very loaded question and not relevant for non-senior role.   1 Answer

Applied and Distance Learning Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in September 2019.

Interview

The job was advertised on the company website and through Indeed. I was notified via email that I had secured an interview 2 working days after the closing date. The interview was 1 week from the date of the email. The interview was face to face, with 3 interviewers, and involved no assessments or testing. The main interviewer called the next day with interview feedback and was very thorough.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain what you know about the School of Environment, Education and Development.   Answer Question
    • The role requires you to be organised and to be able to prioritise your work load. Can you tell us how you would prioritise your work.   Answer Question
    • Can you tell us why you think teamwork is important and give us an example of when you have worked in a team.   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time you have worked in Education or within a customer service based role.   Answer Question
    • Can you name a time you have had to use your own initiative and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England).

Interview

It consisted of a 5 minute presentation plus questions and then a half an hour interview with supervisor and co-supervisor. Had a tour around the lab and also met the group
    Members and was taken out for lunch

Interview Questions

• Can I work well with other people? Would i be okay with supervising mchem students?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview contained 10 minutes presentation to show the methods for assessing drug resistance bacterial strains, and 30 minutes questions asked by 5 professionals in the interview panel, 3 from the University and 2 from a company.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Manchester.

Interview

The process is very easy, as it is fully online. The interview process is also done online, with pre-recorded questions, so you have to answer to the camera. The good thing about it is that you can be flexible on when you want to do it, until the deadline.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on why the project area I have chosen is important to me or why is it interesting? And what makes you suitable for the place? They were taking feedback on the interview process, which I think it is a positive thing on their behalf   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in April 2019.

Interview

An application with a cv and a brief interview with the senior management. The interview was nice, the managers were friendly and the work process was described in great detail. The interviewers made sure that the candidates were a perfect fit for the role as they were required to work on a team of 4 students.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for us?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Very structured, 3 person panel. Stuck closely to the agenda. Stuck very closely to timings. Each panel member asked different questions. I had to complete several diversity and equality documents before attending. Enjoyable interview panel, but challenging.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Summer Placement Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Manchester.

Interview

I was asked general questions, such as my motivations for applying and my general interest in the topic. This was followed by competency questions on skills and experience relating to the role.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this internship?
      What differentiates you from other applicants?
      Can you explain how a polarimeter works?
      Can you go through the process of crystal growth?
      What skills have you learnt from your course and how would you apply them to this role which relates to a different subject?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.