University of Manchester Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Manchester Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Manchester

2.5

Ra Interview

Interview

Had simple questions in basic physics. The interviews were straight out of a book and had simple answers. Nothing about anything hat requires deep thinking. At times they mocked at my answers, guess because my accent wasn't british.

Language Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England).

Interview

I applied through their website, filled an application form in and emailed it to the relevant person. I was shortlisted for an interview within a week. They arranged an interview with me and asked me to deliver a demo lesson. It went really well. The interview panel was very friendly, approachable and professional people who knew what they wanted. I was pleased that I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester in May 2018.

Interview

I had to fill in an online form, then I was invited to an interview. The first part was a test which consisted of answering hypothetical emails using information on the university website and resolving an work based problem. This was a quite short time frame - 20 minutes - for the amount of questions I thought. I was then interviewed by three senior members. They were very friendly and encouraging. I heard back within two days and they were very communicative in the interim, as they had told me they would tell me within one day but had to push the deadline back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've had to work to strict deadlines.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time you implemented changes in your current position.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in February 2012.

Interview

Two part interview. First part was a test on the computer which was designed to test how well we used excel, how we drafted e-mails and our awarness of issues such as data protection. This was followed by a 30 minute interview. There was 3 people on the panel and it was quite an informal atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage competing deadlines
      What experience have you had managing databases   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Interview

The interviewer was so nice and patient. He asked me 4 questions only and give me time to asked him. The whole interview was relax. And would have some yr2 or yr3 students show you the campus and introduce you about the university

Negotiation

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in January 2013.

Interview

Online submission of a CV / Resume, teaching and research plans. Then half a day on-site with informal one-to-one interviews/discussions with 4 members of staff, plus a departmental seminar which is open to all, and then a formal interview with the same people as with the one-to-ones which had some elements influenced by the "informal" parts.

Interview Questions

• What particular role would you like to champion as a member of staff?   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Interview

seminar plus interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Yeah a lot of unis (I had this for bristol, nottingham, manchester, sheffield and leeds- imperial gave me an offer without interview tho!) where the "interview" consisted of a tour around the uni and a chat with someone about the course and a guaranteed place. I wasn't ONCE asked anything specifically sciency, hardest question was "so what interests you about biochem?"

I think they do this just to force potential students to look around the uni, to make sure you'll actually like it there.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England).

Interview

A simple 1:1 interview with one of the lecturers at the school you are applying for. Why the University of Manchester, why the chosen subject and questions on points I had in my personal statement.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed process, mostly presentations to the students about life as a student at the university. 10 minute interview with a lecturer at the university. Mostly asking simple questions on physics.

Interview Questions

• What are the forces at play when a ball rolls round a ring. Then consider on a molecular level   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.