University of Manchester Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Manchester Interview Questions

Updated 13 Dec 2017

2.5

Ra Interview

Interview

Had simple questions in basic physics. The interviews were straight out of a book and had simple answers. Nothing about anything hat requires deep thinking. At times they mocked at my answers, guess because my accent wasn't british.

Life Sciences With Industrial/Professional Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and the interview relaxed. Not difficult at all, the interviewer explained me the offer they wanted to make me after talking for a while, so I would recommend preparing for the questions listed below and other common ones (you can find some in the university's website). Nevertheless, don't prepare the exact words, just make sure you are not taken aback by the questions and that you feel relaxed.

Bearing in mind all of this, expect good news (the impression I got, at least, when the whole thing ended, was that I was going to be made an offer and that the interview was to get to know me a little bit.

Interview Questions

• Why the University of Manchester?   1 Answer
    • Questions related to the information in my personal statement (extracurricular activities: chess, and previous experience).   1 Answer
    • How do you think Biotechnology will affect society in the next years? (Biotech was mentioned in my personal statement, but I would expect some subject-related question).   1 Answer

Sei Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Manchester.

Interview

Apply through submitting your CV. Also required to answer around ten questions specific to the SEI internship role. This was to show competency and that you are right for the role. Not too hard, just providing your experience and how this relates.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in June 2017.

Interview

You get interviewed by three people. The first person asks five questions, then you move on to the next and so on as the questions are grouped in a logical way. The atmosphere was relaxed and one person kept making spelling errors. This helped me relax and try to do my best. It was a formal interview though and my advice would be to use the STAR technique and keep talking.

Interview Questions

• What would you change at your former work place?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer/colleague.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went beyond expectations.   Answer Question
    • What does health and safety mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a visitor asked you to reveal information about a student?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Interview

The interviewer was so nice and patient. He asked me 4 questions only and give me time to asked him. The whole interview was relax. And would have some yr2 or yr3 students show you the campus and introduce you about the university

Negotiation

Phd Position Interview

Interview

just face to face 1:1 meeting
    (it was not very difficult - who I am, which project interests me, plans after PhD)
    visa was very easy to be obtained too
    the interview process depends a lot on the type of supervisor you are interviewing for - in my case, the supervisory team were happy to sponsor for my phd

Student Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was preformed in an assessment centre, as stated on their site. The assessment centre involve two group tasks and one skill assessment in almost a group of 8, depending on the size of your interview groups, including a short presentation and a task prioritising analysing task that would be discussed within a whole group. The interviewers did state that there are four other batch of students that are going to be accessed for the role, and the number of the role available is still uncertain. The skill assessment with proof reading and error spotting on budget sheets and other data, excels.

Interview Questions

• You need to proof read a short passages (including three paragraphs) in 5 minutes and correct all the mistakes on the paper.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester in November 2016.

Interview

I had an informal interview with three of the researchers involved,which lasted approximately 30 minutes. A number of these questions were in relation to an article I was asked to review beforehand. I was also offered a tour of the facilities after the interview.

Divisional Assistant - Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in September 2016.

Interview

2 panel members interviewed me, lasted about 30 minutes. Asked me a few questions about my CV and what I could bring to the team and how I would fit in. Was fairly straight forward, they look to see if you say the right things and tick them off as you do

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to help out with project organisation   Answer Question

Language Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England).

Interview

I applied through their website, filled an application form in and emailed it to the relevant person. I was shortlisted for an interview within a week. They arranged an interview with me and asked me to deliver a demo lesson. It went really well. The interview panel was very friendly, approachable and professional people who knew what they wanted. I was pleased that I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.