University of Manchester Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Manchester Interview Questions

Updated 21 May 2018

2.5

Ra Interview

Interview

Had simple questions in basic physics. The interviews were straight out of a book and had simple answers. Nothing about anything hat requires deep thinking. At times they mocked at my answers, guess because my accent wasn't british.

Language Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England).

Interview

I applied through their website, filled an application form in and emailed it to the relevant person. I was shortlisted for an interview within a week. They arranged an interview with me and asked me to deliver a demo lesson. It went really well. The interview panel was very friendly, approachable and professional people who knew what they wanted. I was pleased that I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in February 2012.

Interview

Two part interview. First part was a test on the computer which was designed to test how well we used excel, how we drafted e-mails and our awarness of issues such as data protection. This was followed by a 30 minute interview. There was 3 people on the panel and it was quite an informal atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage competing deadlines
      What experience have you had managing databases   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Interview

The interviewer was so nice and patient. He asked me 4 questions only and give me time to asked him. The whole interview was relax. And would have some yr2 or yr3 students show you the campus and introduce you about the university

Negotiation

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in January 2013.

Interview

Online submission of a CV / Resume, teaching and research plans. Then half a day on-site with informal one-to-one interviews/discussions with 4 members of staff, plus a departmental seminar which is open to all, and then a formal interview with the same people as with the one-to-ones which had some elements influenced by the "informal" parts.

Interview Questions

• What particular role would you like to champion as a member of staff?   1 Answer

Lecturer Interview

Interview

seminar plus interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Manchester.

Interview

the process is via UCAS for most high school grads. the overall university experience is really good. it helped me develop academically and personally.the facilities in the university are also great as an undergrad it useful features you must consider whilst applying for universities

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in June 2014.

Interview

just follow the ucas process
    Then they accepted my once that I met the grades that they required me to have.
    The offer became validated once I sent them my transcript from my final exam.
    Before they asked my to write a cover letter saying why Manchester

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in April 2013.

Interview

I was asked to attent the interview before offering an offer to university, and after that I also had to get a good grade in order to enter to the unviersity and to be accepted. So after the interview, I had to fulfill the offer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Manchester (Manchester, England) in May 2017.

Interview

I had to submit a cv and three detailed answers to questions. Then a video interview for 15 minutes. Not hard interview just stuff regarding why should we take you, why are you interested in this project, etc...

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.