University of Newcastle (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Newcastle (UK) Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Newcastle (UK)

2.6

Student Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Newcastle (UK).

Interview

Not too formal
    Consisted of a range of one to one questions and then a quick presentation you get told about on the day.
    Around 30 other people at the interview.
    Make you feel at ease

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Newcastle (UK) (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Very friendly atmosphere, 2 interviewers who were both Graduate Ambassadors. Questions were not designed to trip you up, and in general were more designed to find out more about my university experience as a whole.

Interview Questions

• If a student on a course were to attempt to start a relationship with you, how would you deal with this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Newcastle (UK) (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in October 2013.

Interview

Standard competency questions, along with a presentation and questions about you and your CV. Very quick interview no longer than 20 mins. Pretty competitive but as long as you are relaxed, confident and prepared it is easy.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work in a team?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Newcastle (UK) (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in March 2018.

Interview

First interview was a short telephone interview. Asked some technical basic questions. Second one was face to face. I have completed short technical test and talked my old experiences.

Interview Questions

• What way do you prefer to contact for clients? Telephone, email or face to face, why?   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Newcastle (UK) (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in November 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed and at the same time professional. Gave me the reassurance that I will be given a fair opportunity. They asked me some very detailed questions and I was given plenty of opportunity and time to answer. The overall environment was very friendly compared to some more intimidating experiences I have had in the past in different places.

Interview Questions

• My experience in the subject.   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Newcastle (UK).

Interview

First part of the interview was a "test" where they walk you into a room and ask how you would clean it.
    Second part was a series of questions in front of four members of staff. One person read questions verbatim off a sheet and nobody responded to or asked any follow up questions to anything I said. The questions were very general and about workplace problems (i.e. Give an example of conflict resolution, when you made a change in the workplace) and therefore very little was discussed of my previous housekeeping experience. There were a couple of questions where I asked for some clarification, and the person asking didn't seem to know how to explain and said they didn't know.
    Overall, the interview process felt very robotic and inflexible, to the extent that I did not want to accept the job if offered.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you made a change in the workplace and how did you cope with this change.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you had to deal with a sensitive issue with co-workers.   Answer Question

PhD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Newcastle (UK) (Newcastle, England) in March 2010.

Interview

The course I had completed was of a high standard so only a few questions were asked regarding my knowledge of the subject. I think the interview was mainly to see if I was a functioning human as my references gave them much of what they must have been looking for.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to discuss several aspects of the course I had completed   1 Answer
    • Asked me if I had any questions about their research   1 Answer

Accepted a similar offer at another institution

PhD Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Newcastle (UK) (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Reasonably informal telephone conversation. Expressed my interests and skills, explaining how they worked with the research objectives of the group. The interviewer was friendly and interested in employing graduates from different backgrounds to approach the research themes from different angles.

Interview Questions

• Questions were specific to the research theme of the group.   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Newcastle (UK) in April 2013.

Interview

I sent my CV, cover letter and Diploma Supplement by email to the person in charge of the laboratory. After a few weeks, I received an email in which I was asked when I was available for a skype talk. This person had previously talked with former supervisors and attentively read my CV, motivation letter and Diploma Supplement. In my case, the very high M.Sc. degree and the positive opinion of my previous supervisor really helped me to have the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain your previous experience and why it should fit with the job   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Simple Interview. Was asked a couple of questions about what I want to do and was asked to explain a bit about my Masters thesis and what I expected to work as. I was also asked to read about a few publications and they were discussed in detail.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.