University of Northampton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Northampton

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Northampton (Northampton, England).

Interview

Interview presentation with a group go academics from the university
    Teaching session with students. Vey good experience
    Interview with panel - wanted a researcher rather than a lecturer
    Very informal dress code
    Make sure you know about the university's mission statement
    Dreadful traffic so make sure you have enough time to get there and parking was a nightmare too (old campus)

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute towards the REF? Not really a teaching role although it had been advertised as such. I think it would be worth checking this out via an informative chat beforehand rather than afterwards, to save time, stress and money
      Make sure that you fully research the mission statement and can articulate this
      Ask about the nature of the students, entry requirements matching offers etc.   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Northampton (Northampton, England).

Interview

Hiring panel of three. Incredibly friendly and forthcoming, however did not elaborate on work culture or limits and prospects of internal advancement. Fair questions, fluid flow, and allowed you to display creative flair instead of rigid checklists (although there were checklist questions out of necessity). Overall fairly easy with particular emphasis on fitting well with the departmental social cohesion and willingness to take on a multitude of tasks.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Northampton (Northampton, England).

Interview

The assessment day was split into two halves. The first half consisted of a one-on-one interview with a head of department and a presentation of each candidate's research to a panel of academics. Half of the candidates (which did not include myself) were invited back for the second half of the day. Expenses - which in my case included a round trip across the length of the country and one night in a B&B - were not paid.

Interview Questions

• If you were to design an introductory course on the subject, what material would you include?   Answer Question

Trainer and E-Learning Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Northampton (Northampton, England) in July 2014.

Interview

Firstly I completed three to four various psychometric tests that were sent to me beforehand, including an overall skills assessment and a personality behaviour at work type assessment. I then undertook a competency based interview to a panel of interviewers which lasted an hour, plus delivered a presentation for which the topic was sent to me beforehand. I also spent an hour mocking up a design for e-Learning (given to me on the interview day) for which I presented my design back to the panel.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.