University of Nottingham Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 97 of over 97 interviews

In Person6%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

University of Nottingham

Application

I interviewed at University of Nottingham

Interview

Interested in serious technology challenges related to software. Building on from my mechanical engineering degree. Masters project was applying machine learning to traditional manufacturing processes. Interested in training as a technology consultant in the IT industry. The range of customers on offer and the possibility of working on a range of interesting projects.

University of Nottingham

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nottingham

Interview

It was a group interview with 4 other people and 2 interviewers. It started with short individual presentations followed by a group exercise. The task was to decide what 5 items we would take if we were stranded on a desert island.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about yourself and your relevant experience.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England, England) in Jul 2021

Interview

You have to apply online. Based on your application materials, they will shortlist you. After that, the hiring process are of two stages. a) stage 1: Invite you to upload your online teaching and b) Stage 2: Formal interview with selection committe via Teams. They are giving more focused on how well you prepare your online teaching materials

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Nottingham

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nottingham

Interview

The interview starts off with brief introduction of my past experiences. Then some coding task was given to analyse data and interpret. The interview ends with a wrap up with discussion and their impression of my performance.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Nottingham

Application

I interviewed at University of Nottingham

Interview

It was easy and straightforward. I was interviewed at the Student Union at Portland Building, University Park campus. I was given a scenario and asked how to solve the issue if I were there. The question was easy!

Interview Questions
  • If a student wants to travel from the Jubilee campus to the University Park campus for free, what would you suggest?

University of Nottingham

Application

I interviewed at University of Nottingham

Interview

Gave a brief presentation, was asked questions related directly to the role. 4 members on the board. Each asked questions related to their own part in the role. Done online due to COVID

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Nottingham

Application

I interviewed at University of Nottingham

Interview

Staff were friendly. Did not know it would be a panel interview. I was greeted and then had the interview in a room with a panel of 4. Each took turns asking questions. The questions were competency based. They definitely went by the interview more so than the application - the job required no professional qualifications and I had a First Class Honours degree, and still didn’t get the job as I didn’t know the interview would be competency based.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ningbo

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Ningbo) in May 2021

Interview

Total 20 minutes interview; panel interview, including one department manager, three senior officers. Self-introduction is not required, started with the officers introducing themselves, then immediately asked if you remembered everyone's name. Then questions based on your CV were asked accordingly.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interested in this position? Give an example to demonstrate your communication ability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Got an interview and had to complete some tests before, which I thought were a bit too complex considering the job pay scale. Had a panel interview, they were very friendly and welcoming so no complaints there, prepared for more competency based answers so got a bit flustered when the questions were fairly basic (mind blank and all). They said that I would hear back by Friday of the same week, it has now been nearly a month and I have not even had a rejection which is more disheartening than anything. I could still hear back and it be positive but I know that isn’t likely now.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

University of Nottingham

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nottingham

Interview

On line interview with job based test at the end, total 1 hour approximately. Questions are general questions you would expect and text include letter writing and basic Excel skills test.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 97 Interviews