University of Nottingham Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Nottingham Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Nottingham

2.7

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy and as difficult as an IAS interview.First of all I have gone through written process and then finally one to one interview.They promise me to call me but they don't .

Volunteer Interview

Interview

It was great. Fun and friendly people. Mission and purpose are awesome. I would recommend to everyone who has an interest. It was great. Fun and friendly people. Mission and purpose are awesome. I would recommend to everyone who has an interest.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to volunteer.   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Interview

I felt the application process was unfair. The role involved helping practical teaching materials. I worked in a similar role in a German university supporting the teaching of zoology to undergraduate students for 7 years. I have relevant BSc and MSc qualifications. I went to considerable effort to answer the points of the person specification. They wanted experience with animals; I have kept sheep, goats and poultry for many years, I have conducted research on wild birds, bats and mountain goats. But no interview!

I asked for feedback and the manager Simon Clifford could not even be bothered to answer. I had to request three times, and then make a formal complaint before an assistant replied. It was really poor customer service.

Yet, when I submitted another application as a 'joke' as Marie Baker,21, with no teaching experience and who was working in a care home and had previously worked on the deli at Sainsbury's got an interview! I made the application purposely bad.

The university website says that 5 of the 6 teaching technicians are females.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (New Delhi (India)) in February 2020.

Interview

It was a skype interview for 30 mins. Approximately. Asked technical questions. Then I got a mail from the head saying u r in keep in view(kiv). We will call u when need arises

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Nottingham.

Interview

Quite easy. Approachable.Research-oriented. They were searching for a specific type of researcher with specific characteristics and I fit those. I was also allowed to discuss about salary. Really positive experience.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview was carried out professionally. Staff were personable and understanding, but it was competency based questioning, which are generally robotic. However rejection was received within minutes of the interview, which was not professional at all, making it seem like an internal candidate was already in place.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Online application, psychometric tests, one hour interview. Panel of three. Competency based interview, standard stuff. Pleasant staff and surroundings, made to feel welcome. All good. Parking easy but bring cash.

Sustainability Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at University of Nottingham.

Interview

It was a very relaxed friendly interview process with a panel. The questions were what I had expected from my pre interview research into the job and sustainability work at Nottingham University

KTP Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nottingham.

Interview

Interview was simple and fair. I was asked to do some tasks, both practical and computer based. The interview was conducted but the industrial partner and the academic partner/ supervisor

Interview Questions

• Describe some projects achieved through parametric design   Answer Question

PGCE Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England) in August 2019.

Interview

I was asked to give a short talk about how to teach vectors in forces and motion.
    There should have been a group discussion then but I was the only applicant so it was skipped.
    They then gave me a short opinion on elitism in science education and asked for me to write a one page response.
    Then there was a one on one interview about my subject knowledge and curriculum knowledge. I was also asked about why I was applying to be a teacher and my previous teaching experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.