University of Nottingham Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Nottingham Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Nottingham

2.7

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy and as difficult as an IAS interview.First of all I have gone through written process and then finally one to one interview.They promise me to call me but they don't .

Volunteer Interview

Interview

It was great. Fun and friendly people. Mission and purpose are awesome. I would recommend to everyone who has an interest. It was great. Fun and friendly people. Mission and purpose are awesome. I would recommend to everyone who has an interest.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to volunteer.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England).

Interview

Follow instructions from the Job advert. They are very clear in what they are looking for and they would expect you address any their request. If not no worries but make sure they know you are aware of that

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nottingham.

Interview

Applied online. Offered interview after few months of applying . 1 hour long interview. Many questions and a presentation by a panel of 3 interviewers. Followed by a little tour.

Lecturer Interview

Interview

it was intense probing question on demonstrating how to engage students through inclusive teaching.
    they were also keen on my cv details, trying to confirm my education and experience qualifications.
    They wanted to know which courses i could teach based on the options they advertised, and asked questions on the courses i chose.

Technician Interview

Interview

I felt the application process was unfair. The role involved helping practical teaching materials. I worked in a similar role in a German university supporting the teaching of zoology to undergraduate students for 7 years. I have relevant BSc and MSc qualifications. I went to considerable effort to answer the points of the person specification. They wanted experience with animals; I have kept sheep, goats and poultry for many years, I have conducted research on wild birds, bats and mountain goats. But no interview!

I asked for feedback and the manager Simon Clifford could not even be bothered to answer. I had to request three times, and then make a formal complaint before an assistant replied. It was really poor customer service.

Yet, when I submitted another application as a 'joke' as Marie Baker,21, with no teaching experience and who was working in a care home and had previously worked on the deli at Sainsbury's got an interview! I made the application purposely bad.

The university website says that 5 of the 6 teaching technicians are females.

Interview Questions

University of Nottingham Response

28 Feb 2020 – Recruitment Specialist - Talent Attraction

Hello,

This is a very serious accusation, and something that, if true, we will need to look into.

Please can you email the details of the role to hr@nottingham.ac.uk so that we can investigate further. All of our shortlisting and recruitment panels are required to attend mandatory training to ensure that all recruitment decisions are made based on the strength of the application in regards to the person specification. If this is not happening, we need to know to ensure that the relevant people are made aware of the proper process.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (New Delhi (India)) in February 2020.

Interview

It was a skype interview for 30 mins. Approximately. Asked technical questions. Then I got a mail from the head saying u r in keep in view(kiv). We will call u when need arises

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Nottingham.

Interview

Quite easy. Approachable.Research-oriented. They were searching for a specific type of researcher with specific characteristics and I fit those. I was also allowed to discuss about salary. Really positive experience.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Nottingham (Nottingham, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview was carried out professionally. Staff were personable and understanding, but it was competency based questioning, which are generally robotic. However rejection was received within minutes of the interview, which was not professional at all, making it seem like an internal candidate was already in place.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Online application, psychometric tests, one hour interview. Panel of three. Competency based interview, standard stuff. Pleasant staff and surroundings, made to feel welcome. All good. Parking easy but bring cash.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.