University of Pittsburgh Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Pittsburgh Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Pittsburgh

2.5

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh.

Interview

Included your standard easy interview questions. Interview was about 30 minutes and the hiring manager was kind/attentive which made the process less stressful. She gave typical time at the end for me to ask questions as well.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple deadlines or juggle multiple priorities competing for your attention?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

They were very cordial. Asked me to walk through my resume in detail, explaining why I moved on from each position and how each would help me in this role.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh.

Interview

Easy, straight forward. Had call with current intern and supervisor over Zoom. Had a few tough questions about specifics of position but nothing impossible. One situational "what would you do" style questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was an internal candidate. My interview process involved meeting with the research supervisor and the other individuals in the lab. I was asked questions about my interests and how I would approach problems.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of projects would you be interested in conducting here?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh.

Interview

The interview process was simple but the turn around time took over a month. There were little updates and when Pitt finally decided to offer the job, they wanted a decision right away.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to our team that makes you stand out?   Answer Question

Panther Central Interview

Interview

Started with a quick 10 minute phone screen then got called back for an in person interview, process was about a week. Everyone was really friendly which took a lot of the pressure off.

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online to a general announcement for All Temps, which is Pitt's internal temp agency. Soon after, a recruiter contacted me to come in for an interview. The recruiter asked me questions about my background and the types of jobs in which I was interested. I completed a background check, which included sending a survey to several references. The recruiter arranged an interview for a specific job. During the interview, the manager asked me only one question. She said that she would get back to me by the next week. I sent emails to HR and the professor, but a few weeks later, I had not heard back, so I followed up again. The recruiter said that he did not know what happened to the job. He suggested three other jobs, two of which did not match my educational background or work experience. For one of the jobs, I had a phone interview with a professor for several minutes, and she told HR to offer the job to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience with research. What types of writing have you done?   Answer Question

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Lots of great communication with he hiring manager. However, many more finalists that what would be considered typical were brought on campus for in-person interviews. Don't forget, academic interviews are often all day and include multiple small group interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe an area in which you think you would like to grow in this position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Phone call than in person technical interview asking about previous experience in the field. Interviewee was polite and knowledgeable about the field, asked typical questions one would expect in the SE field.

Interview Questions

• What sort of QA testing have you done in previous job experiences   Answer Question

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Relaxed and conversational. We bounced back and forth between questions. The interviewer wrote down information as we talked. At the end he listed a few jobs he thought would be ideal for my skill set. He then proceeded to apply me to them and walk me through the next steps.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.