University of Southampton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 24 Dec 2018

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England) in June 2011.

Interview

Thank-you for your interest in respect of our advertised graduate position. Unfortunately for the advertised role we do not feel your skill-set sufficiently ties up with what we are looking for in these roles, and therefore we have decided to decline your application.

I wish you all the best for the future in your studies.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for an internal internship at the University of Southampton working with one of the Outreach Policy departments. After initially applying online through the Universities portal I was invited to a 1 on 1 coffee with the employer on campus. The interview was positioned more as a casual discussion to identify if I was suited for the role, and aware of the challenges that it may bring.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience working within a similar role?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southampton in August 2015.

Interview

A brief two on one interview with fairly basic questions to assess your competency for the position and what you know about the university itself, and the particular department for which you would be working. Nothing too tricky, and the interviewers were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the University of Southampton?   Answer Question

Marketing Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England) in January 2013.

Interview

Presentation and in depth interview with a panel of 5 people. Visiting the office to get to know people.Discussion of key job tasks and responsibilities. The presentation took a few hours to prepare and lots of time to research the organisation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England) in July 2014.

Interview

Contacted for interview via email. I was interviewed by a panel of three members including the director of the office and my direct line manager. I also did a skills test on a priory list.

Interview Questions

• Evidences of past administrative experience, problem solving examples, coping with stressful situations.   Answer Question

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Sending of CV, screened and invited to interview. Typical assessment morning - with team working activities and getting to know the rest of the calling team. A very positive experience

Interview Questions

• Imagine you were on an island - what 3 items would you bring with you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fast, straightforward and well conducted. After the application deadline, I was contacted within one week for an interview. On the same day after the interview, I had an informal email telling that I had got the job and a few days later got the official invitation.

Interview Questions

• What is your research development strategy for the next 10 years?   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Southampton.

Interview

I had a brief screening phone call with the head of research group before a formal interview. The interview was with two senior members of the research group. During it, I gave a short talk about my work to date before the usual set of questions. Afterwards I was invited to have a brief conversation with the head of group.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe the architecture of a computer system I had been involved with.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Southampton (Southampton, England) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a short interview as they knew me and my work prior to the interview. They just asked me about my views on the project on offer and describe my role in the project.

Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Southampton in November 2007.

Interview

Interview mostly centered around my research and my plans for future research. Also on my motivation in this field and how open I was to relocate.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.