University of Strathclyde Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 May 2018

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted early to request to change my time slot for my interview, as a person drop out of the process.

Agreed, I turned up early for the interview. I was taken into the room to meet a panel of 3 people.

The panel were friendly enough. There was a clock against a wall behind wall for the panel to observe.

The panel then described the interview, 7 questions in 20 minutes to allow me to workout the time for each question. I was two minutes over the 20minutes.

When answering the questions, it didn't appear to be any note taking

Feedback:

role was given to internal candidate - As internal candidate are difficult to beat at interview!

Overall experience

Location: Easy to find

Interview: Quick response, relaxed interview, signs of micro-management, cold body language.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland) in January 2012.

Interview

Got invited to give a talk. Had an intervium with the Professor and then when to visit the facilities and future team.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde.

Interview

I applied online, got a phone call where I was invited for an interview. The interview was mainly to determine if I was resilient enough to peruse a PhD. Nowadays the process is different with panel interviews, group work on case studies, etc.

Interview Questions

• Give an example on how you handled a challenging situation?   Answer Question

Video Production Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2017.

Interview

Relaxed and friendly. Nice relaxed academic atmosphere. Seemed like they would have been really nice to work for, but I didn't get the job. It was a little hard to find the interview location.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by a panel of two people: first a presentation and then be asked questions related to the PPTs and the position. Later they showed me the laboratory and some other member in the group. The position is mainly technical.

Interview Questions

• 1. what's your strength
      2. what's your plan for the next five year   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Interview

The interviewer asked about my cv, nothing complicated, I explain the things who I did during the University period and after him talked about the role. Then ask some tech questions

Design and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland) in June 2017.

Interview

The Interview was organised in the University research center which is located in the outside of Glasgow. They asked general question and they asked about my experience. A brief introduction was given on there on going projects and what will be my role in that.

KTP Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde in December 2017.

Interview

Skype interview which lasted around 45 minutes. Panel consisted of two academics from the university, a technical representative of the company partner and a HR representative, also from the company. The interview started off with a 5-minute presentation of a task they had asked the candidates to do 5 days prior, followed by technical questions relating to the presentation and position. During the interview, you need to show that you have an in depth knowledge of the commercial and technical aspects of the research area and demonstrate potential to conduct research and understanding of the theory and applications in order to receive an offer / be considered for the next stage of the application.

Interview Questions

• How does your educational background help with this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you have changed the way a group was working.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde in May 2015.

Interview

application was really easy i remember i have applied on the university website on may trying to land a master degree. they answered me soon. unfortunately they didn't give me what i want as i applied to get a msc in finance but they give other 3 options, finANCE AND ECONOMICS FINANCE AND MANAGEMENT AND ECONOMICS

Research Assistant (Grade 06) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Strathclyde (Glasgow, Scotland) in September 2012.

Interview

After studying towards my PhD degree I was offered the position of Research Assistant to take on more responsibilities for three EU projects our group was running.

Negotiation

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.