University of West London Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.7

Sort:

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I interviewed at University of West London (London, England) in December 2013.

Interview

On December 2013, I attended an interview at the Brentford campus. It was supposed to take 30 minutes, but to my surprise took just 15. The woman conducting the interview said feedback would be given in a week. However, she NEVER gave me feedback nor notified me about my application status, which I found utterly rude and unacceptable. The most likeliest reason the interview took half the proposed time and why she failed to provide feedback to unprofessionally was because she exercised discrimination on the ground of my speech disability. This just demonstrates how careless and unprofessional she is, so avoid disappointment by ignoring UWL.

Interview Questions

• What challenges might you have?   1 Answer

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ealing, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of West London (Ealing, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Short presentation to a panel of 3. Range of questions on the usual topics, teaching philosophy, research topics and plans. Experience of developing courses and securing funding for research. Career highlights were requested. Knowledge of the subject specialism was explored. Career plans and goals requested.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of West London (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was well conducted.the interview questions were quite relevant to the job description. The interviewer used prepared questions. I was put in a comfortable position and was not made to feel unease throughout the interview.

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of West London (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

Invited for a Lecturer role to an interview with 3 senior managers (Pro VC, Head of School and Field Leader). I was asked to prepare a 15 min presentation on a given topic. I had a couple of weeks to get ready and practice. After the presentation I was asked about 20min worth of questions and that was it.

During the interview I felt patronised and the panel was yawning, literally. I understand that I was not the best candidate for the role and that they had seen 6 other people before me but still, I think they could've made an effort, just pretend you are excited to speak with a potential employee. Perhaps the panel made a decision already and by the time I got there, it might have been too late...that's how it felt anyways.

I was not told that I am unsuccessful only when I asked and that was quite a while after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your academic experience.
      Tell us about your teaching style.
      Why do you want to work for UWL?
      Tell us about your research.   Answer Question

Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ealing, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of West London (Ealing, England) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a 25 minutes' on-line test focused on the job descriptions, then followed by panel interview of three people, it went on about 75 minutes in total, the atomosphere was quite relaxing, but involved with some technical issues, so it was a good interview

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of West London (London, England) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through a third party, who shortlisted me, then passed my details to my supervisors. I was then called in for an interview where I was given a slot in the day with other candidates. I was then required to attend a 2 day training session

Interview Questions

• what made me qualified to be an ambassador?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of West London (London, England).

Interview

There was an initial telephone interview and then a face to face interview with a chance to meet some of the team who had prepared questions. Overall it was friendly and thorough.

Customer Relationship Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ealing, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of West London (Ealing, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Process took a week. The application was web based and included six supporting statements. No cover letter needed. Within a week of the closing date I was asked to come for interview. The panel asked 3-4 questions each, mostly competency based. This was followed by an Excel test which was timed at 20 minutes.

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ealing, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of West London (Ealing, England) in April 2015.

Interview

Good Interview - Competency based and General Questions mostly around the various projects that i had been involved in. Asked about the various procurement processes that I had handled and how i dealt with a difficult internal customer. I answered using the STAR technique. Found the interview as more like a chat rather than a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most interesting Project that you have been involved in.   1 Answer

Student Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of West London (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online by submitting application with supporting statements, online form took about two hours, and the interview on the day was around sixty minutes.

Very disappointed as university ignored my requests for interview feedback

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.