University of Westminster Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Westminster Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Westminster

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was not made because I applied during the UCAS clearance in the summer and there was not much time I suppose. But from the schoolmates I have made, the interview was not needed or it was very easy.

Visiting Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Westminster (London, England) in January 2008.

Interview

Very friendly, helpful and probing.

Interview Questions

• What is your curriculum vision?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set offer, no flexibility

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Westminster in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an email inviting me to interview a week later. Sadly I couldn't make the time due to conflicting demands but they kindly offered a Skype interview instead.
    The panel were friendly and welcoming and took it in turn to ask about 3 questions each.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the University of Westminster?   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for this job?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when management made a decision which you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a fixed salary so no room for negotiation.

Marketing Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Westminster in July 2018.

Interview

Although the initial application process was relatively easy, unfortunately the University of Westminster messed up my application and invited me to the wrong job interview, or so they initially said and then backtracked to say they had input the wrong job number.

When I arrived at the interview I was met by someone with sunglasses on her head, only to later find out she was the manager. Throughout the interview the three people asked various questions but I got the hint whilst in there that they weren’t really listening as they kept looking anywhere else but at me. This was extremely off-putting and very unprofessional - a recurring theme throughout.

After waiting 3 weeks and after numerous times of chasing, unsurprisingly I wasn’t selected but in all honesty I don’t think I would have accepted the job as given the fact they had 7 job vacancies in the same department all at the same time makes me think “wake up and smell the coffee”!

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Westminster.

Interview

cover letter and CV
    than face to face interview, where I was describe a job role and asked some extra questions about my experiences
    there were two seniors from the division I applied to

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Westminster (London, England).

Interview

friendly, quick, relatively stress-free and fuss free, welcoming staff who were keen to engage with me and were clearly interested in what I had to say - they were very familiar with my work and it was clear that they carefully read my application.

Interview Questions

• standard set of questions on teaching, research focus and publications, and ideas for projects - nothing surprising but staff on the panel were keen to engage with me and my answers, it was more of a dialogue than a strict interview, I enjoyed it.   Answer Question

Student Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of Westminster.

Interview

First is you send you CV. Once the CV is screened, an online test is done. After successful clearing the test, interview is conducted. After the group interview, the result comes and selection gets done.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Westminster.

Interview

A 45 minute Administrative test and a 30 minute panel interview consisting of 3 people with the Dean, Registrar and line manager and all took it in turns to ask questions.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Westminster (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

I was given just over a week to prepare a short presentation on how I would approach the role. The interview began with my presentation, and followed by a short round of questions. There were three people on the panel, all very friendly and encouraging. I then had a follow up meeting with the director the following week

Project Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Westminster (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Submitted an online application which was primarily an extended cover letter. I received a response approx. two weeks later to schedule an interview. The interview was a panel interview with four members of staff, one of which was from HR. Each member on the panel asked at least one question. The final question, or prompt, was for me to tell them anything about myself that may not have been covered by the previous interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What administration experience do you have?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.