University of Westminster Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

University of Westminster Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Westminster

2.7

Mentoring Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Westminster.

Interview

Over zoom with 3 staff members who were very friendly and listened and responded well to answers. The job role seemed suitable for any University graduate with office and marketing experience.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked about various situations that I might find myself in in the role such as being creative or how I might respond to customers.   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Westminster (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

A panel of three members, each asks questions, which were preceded by a presentation.
    Emphasis on diversity of students and recognition of it was apparently important. Research as well, though it was a primarily teaching position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and this position?   Answer Question
    • Which of the roles mentioned in the ad you can play?   Answer Question
    • What're your experiences with pastoral care? How do you support students?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach MA and BA students differently?   Answer Question
    • What’s your weakness as a researcher?   Answer Question
    • How do you see your future in 5 years, 10 years?   Answer Question
    • What’s your research impact? How to make an impact? How to connect to the real world?   Answer Question
    • What’s your next research question?   Answer Question
    • Where do you plan to publish your research?   Answer Question
    • Where do you plan to apply for grants, specifically which programme?   Answer Question
    • How do you relate to our institution - specifically our emphasis on the critical aspect?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Westminster.

Interview

Interview Process took over a month - received an interview invitation about a month after the deadline. Interview comprised of a written test and panel interview place where they asked straightforward competency-based questions and seemed nice enough. I thought this went well.

I was advised by a member of the panel I would hear back about two working days after from HR. Didn't receive a response until a week after the interview, which was after I sent two chaser emails to the HR Assistant, where I copied in the HR mailbox in the second email. I doubt they would have notified me at all had I not sent chaser emails!

Wasn't impressed with this, it is common courtesy to inform candidates in a timely manner, especially when they have made an effort to prepare for the interview and take a day off from work, etc.

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Westminster (London, England).

Interview

As you would expect; interview by small panel, mainly based on subject specialist knowledge and on student differentiation/ support. Colleagues are friendly and curious; no one is trying to catch you out.

Interview Questions

• Westminster has a highly diverse student body; how do you think this might impact on your teaching (both subject matter and delivery)?   Answer Question

IT Service Desk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Westminster.

Interview

Panel Interview with 2 Line managers and 1 supervisor, they ask you a bunch of competency based questions in which you need to provide an answer using the STAR method. Make sure you have a variety of examples to use.

Recruitment Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Westminster (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

I was invited to a panel interview and a test. They were polite and smiley.

The interview was straightforward and the questions was competency-based. At the end of the interview, I asked when would I know the outcome of the interview. I was told I would now by the following day. I didn't hear anything the following day and I didn't hear anything the day after.

It is Monday now and, even if they offer me the role, I will decline it. If we say we are going to let the candidates know by the following day, we should do it.

It would have been nice to get an email saying they are still debating. Even better, when I asked when will I know about the outcome of my interview, they could have said "although we endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible, please allow a few days until we reach a decision”.

This is a poor candidate experience and I have been put off the idea of applying again to a role at the University of Westminster.

Course Enquiries Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Westminster.

Interview

I applied through the careers portal and was invited by email for an interview 1 week later. The interview was conducted by a panel of 3 interviewers who took turns asking 3 questions each. 3 of the questions were specifically higher education related, 3 experience related, and 3 skills/strengths. This was followed by a test using University resources to answer a mock email enquiry within 15 minutes.

I was told I would be notified if successful or unsuccessful within 2 working days. I never heard back and subsequent emails for feedback were ignored.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits of higher education   1 Answer
    • Explain a goal you set and how you reached it. It can be either personal or career related.   Answer Question

Visiting Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Westminster (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

I sent in my CV which was reviewed. I received an email offering me an interview. Meeting the Head of Department with the business school. I heard back within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Q. Describe your experience as a lecturer   1 Answer

Marketing Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Westminster in July 2018.

Interview

Although the initial application process was relatively easy, unfortunately the University of Westminster messed up my application and invited me to the wrong job interview, or so they initially said and then backtracked to say they had input the wrong job number.

When I arrived at the interview I was met by someone with sunglasses on her head, only to later find out she was the manager. Throughout the interview the three people asked various questions but I got the hint whilst in there that they weren’t really listening as they kept looking anywhere else but at me. This was extremely off-putting and very unprofessional - a recurring theme throughout.

After waiting 3 weeks and after numerous times of chasing, unsurprisingly I wasn’t selected but in all honesty I don’t think I would have accepted the job as given the fact they had 7 job vacancies in the same department all at the same time makes me think “wake up and smell the coffee”!

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was not made because I applied during the UCAS clearance in the summer and there was not much time I suppose. But from the schoolmates I have made, the interview was not needed or it was very easy.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.