Urban Massage Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

Sort:

City Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Massage (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Very professional, first I was contacted via InMail on Linkedin by Laura Haynes Head of People & Talent, I immediately liked her friendly and very polite yet approachable style. She then arranged a phone call for an interview with me as she is based in London and I was in Vienna. The call went very well, I just struggled a little bit with the English accent as I am more used to American English. But all went well and she asked me if I could complete an assignment namely a business case for them. In Austria this is not common practice but I decided to take the chance and make the effort. I invested around 4 hours of time into the business case which I then sent to Laura as a power point presentation. We arranged another phone call with her and Sascha Woelk (COO) who is also based in London. During the call I was presenting my business case. It was a little tough as the time was very limited and I felt like I didn't have enough time to present my case professionally also I was on speaker phone and it was not easy to understand everything over the phone.

Both Laura and Sascha seemed impressed enough to schedule another call with Jack one of the founders. I enjoyed talking to Jack a lot he is very kind and at the same time driven and determined he gave me the same positive impression I had from the beginning when speaking to Laura and Sascha and asked me some original questions not the standard interview questions like "what are your strengths and weaknesses?"...

After this call Laura called me to tell me they wanted to hire me and then sent me an offer via email. After giving it some thought I gladly accepted and have been a happy team member of Urban Massage since.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging or stressful time during your career and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Massage (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Apply via the company's website, phone interview then on-site interview. The phone interview was more about the business, mission, and role. For the on-site interview, it was more about your fit and adaptability. There were lots of scenario-based questions.

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Massage (Manchester, England) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was nice and relaxed, the woman taking the session was friendly. First part was to learn about the company, second part was to do a physical massage assessment which lasted around 15/20 mins

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Massage (London, England).

Interview

Phone interview then in office interview. I had to wait 15 minutes before being interviewed... Then they ask you questions for an hour. At the end, they say they will contact you within x days for the decision but you'll never hear from them if you're not successful which is a shame. Good recruiters give you a call no matter what.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Massage (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

25 mins phone interview - 1 hour office interview conducted in the landing at the top of the stairs - 20 minute phone role play - 30 minute extra phone interview

Very disappointed with them, because they seemed very confused about what role they were interviewing me for. Customer service or team leader? It was like a lucky dip, I had no idea which one I would get at the end. I applied for customer service but was bombarded with team leader questions. Be more decisive. If someone applies for the customer service rep, then perhaps you should ask them questions specifically about customer service, not team leader?

After all this, i spoke to the other team leader brian, and the HR person josh about how they chose somebody else. This is fine, a better fit was found for their company. But THEN they asked me to come in for another interview to work in their supply "team". They didn't bother to tell me that this is temp, working at £8 an hour, making purely outbound calls to essentially onboard any and every qualified massage therapist out there. You surely don't believe you will just trick someone in to coming in and hope they will just take the job? Total waste of time to come in to their office for a 2nd interview, which was conducted in a massage room.

Apart from the lack of professionalism and organisation, the people I spoke to were nice people.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between building a relationship in sales vs customer service? How would you deal with someone that isn't working very hard?   Answer Question

Urban Massage Response

20 Oct 2017 – People and Talent Executive

Hi there, thank you for your review, we are constantly looking at how to improve our process here. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We explained that we were going through an office... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Massage in June 2015.

Interview

We met on AngelList. They expressed that they'd like to have an interview with me. After the first interview I was told that I will need to pass a technical test. The test took a couple of hours and after that I got an email saying that they were "super excited and impressed" and we discussed visa conditions and other stuff. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What technologies have you worked with earlier?   Answer Question
    • Build a geo-intersection system that decodes search strings from an API and matches it to a local database.   Answer Question
    • Build a caching solution using Redis for the previously mentioned system.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Massage (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Started with an informal chat with the CTO and then moved onto a technical test, in the meantime I was invited to meet the team at their Halloween event. After the technical test I had an interview with the Head of People, followed by a technical review from one of their developers and the Head of Product. I received an offer the same day and accepted it the following day. Interview process was longer than it would have been due to some circumstances on my end.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about working here.   1 Answer

Full Stack Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Massage in February 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview, take-home technical project and finally a 3 hour onsite interview with multiple people.

The telephone interview did ask what my salary expectations were, which I stated as £45k to be inline with the numbers posted on Glassdoor. However, when I got to the onsite interview an HR person asked again what my salary expectations were, but said that they weren't able to offer that because "we're a startup" and I hadn't clocked up enough years of in-office experience, despite already being employed as a Full Stack Developer elsewhere.

I feel they should have been upfront at the phone interview stage and told me the range they were offering.

Interview Questions

Urban Massage Response

28 Feb 2017 – Head of People and Talent

Hi there, thank you for your review. We are keen to clarify that for successful candidates, all salaries are decided upon according to level of experience against role requirements following a... More

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Massage (London, England) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and engaging. It consisted in a first telephone interview, during which we had a chat about my past experience, company culture, working processes in the product team, etc. This first contact left me very keen on getting this opportunity, as it felt it was exactly what I was looking for.
    After this first interview, I was asked to complete a code test at home. I then completed the test and delivered it, receiving feedback in the same day. Two days later I had a 2 hours interview at the office, where I met the Lead Front End developer to review my code test and some technical questions. The second part was a chat with the CTO and the Head of Product, followed by a chat with the Head of HR. After this I met the product team, where I could talk about a bit about myself, ask them some questions, as well as answer some questions they asked me.

I left the office with the confirmation that Urban Massage was exactly where I wanted to work. And then, great news, on the same day I received an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Build an application, using a front end framework of your choice, making use of calls to an external api.   Answer Question

Head of Performance Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Massage in October 2017.

Interview

Initial telephone interview. The call was brief, they provided an overview of the company, mission and role. When describing the role, they made it clear that they were seeking somebody who is able to manipulate data using Python and R. The job description had stated "Exceptional at Excel, manipulate large data sets", but didn't mention being skilled in Python and R. Would advise candidates not to apply, unless they are specifically skilled in this area and would advise Urban Massage to detail essential skills required on job specifications to ensure they receive applications from suitable candidates. Little discussion regarding performance marketing skills, experience and approach.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.