UserZoom Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 11 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at UserZoom

UserZoom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UserZoom in Mar 2021

Interview

I had a 45-minute phone call with the recruiter that went great and I was submitted for 2 positions. I emailed to follow up with the recruiter 5x, with NO RESPONSE. its been 2 months on no contact. Like, just send me an automated rejection email, don't ghost me. Terrible experience. Companies are getting really bold with not caring about their applicants and this really gave me an insight into how poorly run their company is. Glad to have dodged this.

Interview Questions
  • 45-minute zoom interview with the recruiter, then absolutely no contact.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at UserZoom (London, England, England) in Apr 2020

Interview

Initial screening call followed by a series of interviews with key stakeholders and a presentation to some of the team. There were lots of opportunities to ask questions and find out more about the role and the company and to ensure there was a good fit. Their recruiter offered lots of practical advice on the process and was a useful sounding board.

Interview Questions
  • How would you overcome barriers to adopting UX research?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UserZoom (London, England, England) in Nov 2019

Interview

Really nice and casual, felt more like a good conversation than an interview. I had two calls with the recruiter and then a 1:1 interview with the manager for the role and I had an offer shortly after that.

Interview Questions
  • General experience questions around customer advocacy and events management

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UserZoom (London, England, England)

Interview

Interview process was very straightforward, starting with a phone interview with the hiring manager and then proceeding to onsite interview with task/presentation. It was less based around competency questions, and more focused on having a real conversation around skills/experiences which seemed much more practical than reciting memorised answers. The part that impressed me the most is how fast they were able to send an offer through. Most companies would take their time in processing the paperwork, or spend weeks getting final approvals through. It's good to see a company not getting tied down by bureaucracy, and focused on making things happen.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UserZoom (Denver, CO)

Interview

Worked through a recruiter. Video Conference Interview.. 1 hour one-on-one with questions and some other stuff. Was not impressed with their current business plan and had difficulty understanding how their model worked

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UserZoom (London, England, England)

Interview

Had a telephone interview with the UX Director for a role in their London office. Interview went very well and was told they would like to see me face to face. An interview was setup with the VP of UX/UI Strategy. 1 day before the interview i get a call that the interview is not going ahead as the US team have decided to use someone internal to add all the tasks for that role as an addition to what they are already doing. However the Uk team had no communication from the US team that this was happening and weren't happy about it. Seems like UserZoom's got the case of politics going on internally. To be honest i'm glad the interview was not eventually conducted, as non-transparency and possibly politics is embedded within their culture. Having done my research, they have a huge problem with employee retention and it shows even at the interview stages. Hope you solve the people issue at Userzoom!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UserZoom (Denver, CO) in Apr 2018

Interview

I have had many job interviews in my professional life and have also conducted many interviews myself. I have to say that the second phone interview at UserZoom with a sales representative was the absolute worst and most unprofessional "interview"to which I have ever had the misfortune to be subjected. He made zero attempt to establish anything resembling "rapport". I am astounded he works in a sale capacity where this attribute is key. From the instant he called me I sensed negativity and contentiousness on his part - and that he wanted to get off the phone with me. He didn't even seem to be familiar with my resume, or that I already had a positive phone conversation with their recruiter. After a cursory review of my background, he asked me only two questions. The first had to do with some sort of adjunct feature to Salesforce.com with which I am unfamiliar. I have used Salesforce.com successfully for over 15 years but no company I've been with has utilized that feature. When I told him, "I'm not familiar with that"(after having just conveyed significant successes on my part about which he had no response) he said "uh-huh" and I could visualize him checking me off his list, as though that made me "unqualified". What a foolish thing to do with someone of my caliber and expertise. Learning that feature might take me all of 15 minutes. His second question which had something to do with how I would go about "learning more about what UserZoom does". After I said "presumably there is training?" I then added, with a smile, "Is this a trick question?" I had absolutely no idea where this guy was coming from, what he wanted or why he asked the question. And THEN - astoundingly - he dourly announced, "I don't think you'd be a good fit". I was stunned. When I said "Are you serious? I have excelled in this role for 15 years" he said nothing. I was upset, told him what I thought and ended the call. The scheduled half hour "interview" lasted all of 8 minutes and was an unmitigated nightmare. In my opinion this guy has no business interviewing prospective personnel. He certainly was foolish in throwing away a good opportunity with me. The "interview" was so unprofessional and he was so unpleasant I am prepared to take this matter up elsewhere at UserZoom.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UserZoom (San Jose, CA) in Jun 2016

Interview

Contacted by the hiring manager at UserZoom San Jose. Went into the office for an hour - two hours interview with the managers I'd be working under. Then spoke with HR for 15 minutes asking me behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at UserZoom (San Jose, CA) in Sep 2015

Interview

Not impressed with UserZoom at all - the interviewers were late, some of them did not know they would be interviewing me, and no one really asked me any real questions to gauge my skills or experience. I did receive an offer, but with high % variable comp, and they would not budge an extra $5K on the base offer. I declined the offer, and the same initial recruiter reached out to me a couple months later again on LinkedIn as if we had never met. Overall, a very unprofessional interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UserZoom (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2015

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, then phone screen with a manager, then in-person. Took a skills/personality/aptitude test, and had a chat with the manager, then a panel interview with VP of Sales, a manager, an AE, and an SDR. Process moved very quickly, they're hiring a lot in the coming weeks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews