Utilitywise Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Utilitywise Interview Questions

Updated 19 Nov 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Utilitywise.

Interview

First call simulation to give back prior the face to face interview. To send back by mail. You have to imagine the situation. You decide both what say customer and you.

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Short telephone interview about my CV (tick box exercise)
    Then invited in for a face-to-face interview on the same call
    Interview is with 1 person from Recruitment and 1 manager from the Academy (new starters area).
    Friendly and welcoming, came across very professional. I had the impression it was a difficult job to get.
    Sometimes they do a role-play of a sales pitch, depending on experience. I didn't do one.
    Was invited in the next day to listen in to calls on the Academy floor (this was before I was offered the job)

Then after listening to calls I was offered the job on my chosen salary. They will ask you in your interview what your salary expectations are, don't be afraid to aim for £25k as an EC as I made that mistake.

Interview Questions

• If you have 2 prospects to call, 1 of them is a warm contact that you've been building a relationship with & 1 of them is brand new, you've never spoke to them before. Who do you call first?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Newcastle, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Open and easy, not direct correct answers which means you can be yourself, slightky intense as there was 3 of them but nothing too bad. They are very open to the difficulty and stress of the job which is good.

Interview Questions

• How do you cope with rejection?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process is about 10 competency based question followed by a role play which you have to sell a product of your choice then another 10 questions....your sat with a manager and a recruitment advisor pretty much good cop bad cop style interview! Second part your invited back in to listen to calls and ask advisors questions write down your answers and then told to go! The whole process took three weeks and during that time I was called back by the same recruitment advisor who interviewed me over the phone and showed me around the building asking me to go in for an interview I then explained I had already had one I hadn't heard back, she then emailed to say I didn't have the job. Whole experience was a waste of my time and effort!

Interview Questions

• What you know about the company?   1 Answer

18 May 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback and we are disappointed to hear that the interview process did not meet your expectations. We run an in-depth recruitment process for all prospective colleagues eager to... More

Anonymous Employee in Gateshead, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Gateshead, England) in April 2017.

Interview

One interview face to face with a recruitment manager and a team manager, once passed you then get to come in and sit with a current EC for a couple of hours to see what its like.

Interview Questions

• They asked lots of "if you were in this situation what would you do?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Telephone Pre Screen with a few overview questions, in around experience and why intersted in the role, not difficult. Then a face to face competency based interview, with a role play (I chose what I sold - a car in my case) with two people - one from Recruitment one of the Sales Managers. I then went back and had an hour or so with someone who was on the phones and was given a list of questions to ask. There was also a personality profile to fill in on line - easy.

Interview Questions

• First question - what do you know about Utilitywise and they were keen that I knew about that. Then questions asking about my experience and what I'd acheived, also about how I would react to certain circumstances - overcoming an objection, best business win, competion with colleagues, that sort of thing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Newcastle, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview was given first where the interviewer will ask you a few short questions about the role and what you've done previous. then a face to face interview which includes many questions and a role play excercise with 2 or more people and then you are given an observation day. Pretty lengthy process

Interview Questions

• What you kno of the company
      Where you worked previously
      What skills you have to approach the role
      Understanding of energy management
      Role play
      How would you handle objections
      If a customer tells you they are busy, what would you do
      If a customer hangs up how do you deal with rejection
      Why do you want a job hear   Answer Question

Team Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redditch, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Redditch, England).

Interview

Applied online with CV and was invited to interview.Interview was with two managers. Competency based interview and time allowed at the end to ask questions. Interview was started late with no explanation. Questions were rushed and notes scribbled down and my answers weren't really listened to or probed. Got the distinct impression I was too old and experienced for the role. Was told I would hear back from HR within a week but as the job has been reposted without any contact I can only assume I wasn't successful. So thank you so much for the promised update and being part of the group of companies that do not follow up after interview. It shows a distinct lack of courtesy and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What type of personality do you like to work with and why?   Answer Question

18 May 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback - we are disappointed to hear that the interview process was not fully completed. We pride ourselves on high standards of professionalism.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Utilitywise (London, England) in August 2016.

Interview

They go through a screening process that is like a marketing questionnaire, very rushed. This should be the first warning, but you entertain the idea anyway. You get a request to come to an interview in the middle of nowhere, this should have been the second warning. Then when you do arrive you have no idea where/who/how/why to contact, so you go around asking people, third strike, should have gone home. Then if all this wasn't enough, 1hr later, after no attempt to introduce or welcome or offer a glass of water (which is free by the way utilitywise!), they come out and ask you to fill out their forms. 15 mins later they come out and with no apology, no "can I get you a drink", just walk this way. 1hr 15mins later than your time. Still no offer of a drink or thank you for travelling for 2hrs to see them.

They have sheets of paper with questions to ask, the most generic of all, just Google "sales jobs interview questions" and they will all be part of it. Very rushed interview, imagine a multiple choice questionnaire exam.

I would advise everyone who has even 6 months experience in any type of job to stay well away. You will not learn anything. Has a feeling of Ponzi scheme organisation and you will be left thoroughly disappointed. Guranteed revolving door. Guaranteed overselling of opportunity available and you will say "I should have listen to this review".

Luckily enough I had a few opportunitites and didn't have to accept this one. If you are desperate for money and don't have much else on, then apply, take it, use it for a while, but don't stop looking, because you will be back on the job scene soon!!

Utilitywise - look at hiring some decent managers, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. It's not about quanitity anymore, it's quality. You start your reputation from this "recruitment phase", word travels fast. Also it costs a lot of time and money to recruit (this is where you could save the money and add more to hiring better managers).

Interview Questions

• Sorry for the delay, we are unable to manage our time and run a pretty lax operation here (a little honesty would work a dream and lighten the mood)
      Do you want a drink? (this is a question I would advise you add before starting)
      What can you bring to Utilitywise?
      What do you know about Utlitywise?
      Explain a stressful situation and how you dealt with it
      What is the biggest achievement in your career?
      Google the rest   Answer Question

Managerial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Detailed and informative application and interview process with clear timescales and expectations defined.
    Good questioning techniques used in competency based interview to fully explore skills, behaviours and experience.
    Felt at ease and part of the company from first introduction to recruitment team and senior management team.
    Very professional approach from the offset and as a result making me have the want to to be part of the company and contribute to future growth and success.

Interview Questions

Utilitywise Response

11 Sep 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you very much for your comments, we're very glad to hear your first experiences with Utilitywise went so well. We'll pass your comments on to the recruitment team, they'll be delighted to read... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.