Utilitywise Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Utilitywise Interview Questions

Interviews at Utilitywise

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was a relaxed chat with the team manager and the tech lead. The content mainly was some technical questions relating the tech the company used and chatting about experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with Git feature branches?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redditch, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Redditch, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Was thorough but salary was based on how you did in the interview. Then had a second meeting after with higher up managers. Sat in quiet room then did some call listening on the floor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Utilitywise.

Interview

First call simulation to give back prior the face to face interview. To send back by mail. You have to imagine the situation. You decide both what say customer and you.

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Short telephone interview about my CV (tick box exercise)
    Then invited in for a face-to-face interview on the same call
    Interview is with 1 person from Recruitment and 1 manager from the Academy (new starters area).
    Friendly and welcoming, came across very professional. I had the impression it was a difficult job to get.
    Sometimes they do a role-play of a sales pitch, depending on experience. I didn't do one.
    Was invited in the next day to listen in to calls on the Academy floor (this was before I was offered the job)

Then after listening to calls I was offered the job on my chosen salary. They will ask you in your interview what your salary expectations are, don't be afraid to aim for £25k as an EC as I made that mistake.

Interview Questions

• If you have 2 prospects to call, 1 of them is a warm contact that you've been building a relationship with & 1 of them is brand new, you've never spoke to them before. Who do you call first?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Newcastle, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Open and easy, not direct correct answers which means you can be yourself, slightky intense as there was 3 of them but nothing too bad. They are very open to the difficulty and stress of the job which is good.

Interview Questions

• How do you cope with rejection?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process is about 10 competency based question followed by a role play which you have to sell a product of your choice then another 10 questions....your sat with a manager and a recruitment advisor pretty much good cop bad cop style interview! Second part your invited back in to listen to calls and ask advisors questions write down your answers and then told to go! The whole process took three weeks and during that time I was called back by the same recruitment advisor who interviewed me over the phone and showed me around the building asking me to go in for an interview I then explained I had already had one I hadn't heard back, she then emailed to say I didn't have the job. Whole experience was a waste of my time and effort!

Interview Questions

• What you know about the company?   1 Answer

18 May 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback and we are disappointed to hear that the interview process did not meet your expectations. We run an in-depth recruitment process for all prospective colleagues eager to join our organisation: assessing their skills, competencies and suitability to our culture. Our Energy Consultant recruitment and selection process ensures that candidates receive full disclosure regarding the role, responsibilities and the working environment. We aim to create a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere during our interviews to ensure candidates are able to do their best and are assessed in a transparent and fair way. We take induction and training very seriously here at Utilitywise and strive to ensure everyone joining us has the best start possible, either through a bespoke induction programme or taking part in the 12 week Ignite Foundation programme. We work closely with the business to ensure all the training materials are up to date and relevant; many of our senior managers are involved in delivering the training. All of our Coaching team are currently going through a CMI qualification with Newcastle University. We always seek feedback after every training event so we can continue to develop and improve our standard of delivery and content.

Anonymous Employee in Gateshead, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Gateshead, England) in April 2017.

Interview

One interview face to face with a recruitment manager and a team manager, once passed you then get to come in and sit with a current EC for a couple of hours to see what its like.

Interview Questions

• They asked lots of "if you were in this situation what would you do?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Newcastle, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview was given first where the interviewer will ask you a few short questions about the role and what you've done previous. then a face to face interview which includes many questions and a role play excercise with 2 or more people and then you are given an observation day. Pretty lengthy process

Interview Questions

• What you kno of the company
      Where you worked previously
      What skills you have to approach the role
      Understanding of energy management
      Role play
      How would you handle objections
      If a customer tells you they are busy, what would you do
      If a customer hangs up how do you deal with rejection
      Why do you want a job hear   Answer Question

Team Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redditch, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Redditch, England).

Interview

Applied online with CV and was invited to interview.Interview was with two managers. Competency based interview and time allowed at the end to ask questions. Interview was started late with no explanation. Questions were rushed and notes scribbled down and my answers weren't really listened to or probed. Got the distinct impression I was too old and experienced for the role. Was told I would hear back from HR within a week but as the job has been reposted without any contact I can only assume I wasn't successful. So thank you so much for the promised update and being part of the group of companies that do not follow up after interview. It shows a distinct lack of courtesy and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What type of personality do you like to work with and why?   Answer Question

18 May 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for your feedback - we are disappointed to hear that the interview process was not fully completed. We pride ourselves on high standards of professionalism.

Managerial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Utilitywise (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Detailed and informative application and interview process with clear timescales and expectations defined.
    Good questioning techniques used in competency based interview to fully explore skills, behaviours and experience.
    Felt at ease and part of the company from first introduction to recruitment team and senior management team.
    Very professional approach from the offset and as a result making me have the want to to be part of the company and contribute to future growth and success.

Interview Questions

Utilitywise Response

11 Sep 2017 – Social Media Manager

Thank you very much for your comments, we're very glad to hear your first experiences with Utilitywise went so well. We'll pass your comments on to the recruitment team, they'll be delighted to read them. Thank you again for getting in touch.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.