Venntro Media Group Senior PHP Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Venntro Media Group

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Venntro Media Group

Senior PHP Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venntro Media Group in July 2020.

Interview

2 stage interview process, firstly with technical people and questions. It was a pretty casual chat, no grilling questions and wasn't overly technical.

After a successful interview here, I was invited to another chat with the owners of the business which again was pretty casual and friendly, but badly organised as the interview was not given much time (20 minutes), not many questions were asked and I was given little opportunity to present myself as a candidate. 2 of the 3 interviewers were friendly, but Steve came across pretty cold and uninterested in being there.

The owners appeared to want to see over enthusiasm for the business, giving very small queues at which point in hindsight they probably wanted me to show my enthusiasm for what they were doing as a business, which as a developer is not as important as the technology and day to day.

The owners seem to want to make decisions over the direct managers of the potential employees who already had made up their mind. Something which probably does not bode well for the future...

I was definitely sent mixed messages by the two different stages of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to leave your previous role, what are you looking for in a new role?   Answer Question
  • How much do your earn now, how much are you looking to get here?   Answer Question

Venntro Media Group Response

27 Jul 2020 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback here and specifically referencing mixed messages. The idea of a multi-stage process is because different stakeholders are looking for different things.

To be clear - as company owners we do not make decisions over direct managers. We are all looking as a team for different things.

In this specific interview, we were asking questions to understand the candidate's alignment to our Values (https://www.venntro.com/about-us) - in our experience, if candidates do not share those values then it will not be a fulfilling role for them and I believe that it's better to investigate this as part of the interview process rather than find out after a months.

I'm sorry to hear you had mixed messages and we'll certainly learn from this. I'm confident that in this case the right decision was made - the candidate would not have been happy in the role and culture of the business. That's nobody's fault and it's not a reflection on the candidate - it's just important for a long-term relationship that values are demonstrably shared.

Thank you.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.