Venturi UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 20 Jun 2018

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southwark, England

Application

I interviewed at Venturi UK (Southwark, England) in March 2016.

Interview

When landing an interview with their multichannel data client, I was highly dissatisfied with the experience and how they treated me, despite expecting a frank, positive process.

1. It was implied that I should stop applying for roles after the interview was arranged, which was plainly weird. In reality, you don't stop applying for jobs just because you get called for an interview! But the likely intention was to ramp up my chances of landing commission by only focusing on the interview, not avoiding putting all my eggs in one basket by applying elsewhere.

2. I was promised feedback within a week on my application, albeit it took 10 days to respond! In relation to a company I applied for which wasn't theit client, all the stops were pulled to dissuade me from pursuing them when ill was spoken about them! This was utterly unacceptable as they were attempting to put me off a role which attracted me, to land commission and hit performance indicators! But if the company were a client of theirs, the approach would drastically and hypocritically differ! I learnt a key lesson here which they don't want you to cognise: never divulge companies you've applied for to agencies, regardless of what they say.

3. They rang me claiming they are unaware of the application status, the client paused recruitment and that I would be told the outcome when this was known. In reality, there was no pausing of recruitment as I found the SAME vacancy advertised by the company directly and ANOTHER advert by the agency for the same role. A few days later, the client contacted me directly saying the agency was ALREADY informed of my application status and that I was lied to when I was told the agency were unaware of it. Moreover, the client said recruitment was NOT postponed, which, in supplementation to the fact the same vacancy was advertised by the agency post interview, falsifies the allegation that postponement materialised.

4. I got a call the day after by someone else from the agency, fumbling while spewing out lies around how they got confused between roles, why feedback did not emerge when the outcome was KNOWN and why I was mendaciously told the client put the brakes on hiring. There was not a single apology made for any of these disgraceful acts given they thought they would escape detection!

Throughout the entire ordeal, I had a strong impression slyness and motivation were in operation to land commission by trying everything to put me off other roles and ensure I would not change my mind about their client. Many are reduced to such guile, but this applies more so to the young and materialistic, driven by money, not the intrinsic value of actually securing aspirants opportunities to thereby contribute to society in this increasingly tough climate. Most who have endured negative experiences with the agency will not be proactive and share them to prevent recurrences, so don't assume similar incidents are infrequent.

Also, notice ALL these reviews are surprisingly five-stars and shy away from all weaknesses, subterfuge and wrongdoings. One may ask why and the answer is simple. They harbour ulterior motives underlying such flashy reviews, hence are less likely to be sincere and balanced than negative ones. As a tiny company, they've colluded with employees they like to exaggerate the alleged benefits while ignoring weaknesses with their vain subjective biases and motives, in a bid to outstrip competitors and sustain the materialistic culture which they are drowning in. Thankfully, not everyone will be misled of such semblances and affirm what they unconsciously want to.

They are so zealous for expansion and profits that moral values are disregarded in their pursuit to reach this. I urge everyone, companies and candidates to shun this agency to avoid disappointment.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Venturi UK (Wilmslow, England) in February 2013.

Interview

A very pleasant experience that led to me landing my dream job! I met with the owner of the business as well as four other recruiters (Trainee - Senior level).

Interview Questions

• If you needed to get in touch with the Prime Minister, how would you go about this?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Venturi UK (Manchester, England) in March 2014.

Interview

I met with one of the top performing consultants and the Contract Director. The interview was very relaxed but also very open and honest.

They were very keen to understand me as a person, and understand my situation. In addition to this they ensured that they had given me a comprehensive overview of the business and their ambitions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are your top qualities as a recruiter?   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Venturi UK (Wilmslow, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty casual and relaxed, instantly felt at ease with them all. First stage was informal, second stage just did a presentation and chatted about it. The managers told me about the company and it sounds amazing!

Graduate Trainee Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Venturi UK (Wilmslow, England) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a very good interview process and enjoyed the experience. After initially applying to Venturi, I was contacted by Priya to talk through the application and get to know me. I felt through the phone interview, Priya pushed me with questions to get the best answers and really think about what I wanted from the job role. The next stage was to answer some questions sent by email, regarding myself and how my personality would complement the job role. Both the stages were really important to make myself think about why I wanted to work in recruitment and why it was important to me. The final two stages were face to face. The first time I travelled to the office I met with Priya (Head of Talent) and James (Managing Director). The interview involved talking about the company and myself to discover whether my personality would fit in and whether I had the drive. A really good task I had to do was write down what was important to me and think about what it was I wanted from a job. The final stage was preparing a presentation, 'Why would I be successful in recruitment at Venturi?'. I presented this 10 minute presentation to four of the management team before answering some questions that they had for me. I found the process really enjoyable as it confirmed my goals and ambitions. All of the people I met were great for the process as they seemed to show a genuine interest in me and what I wanted to achieve. By having the different stages, it ensures you know what you want to do and how I want to achieve that.

Social Media & Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venturi UK (Wilmslow, England) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was good.
    I was interviewed by James and Priya, they asked me questions that were relevant and made me feel at ease with their mannerisms and professionalism. They were a great insight into the company that I wanted to work for.
    I was told within 3 days that I had the job, I then met with the lady I was taking over and she gave me some tips and tricks as I am new to the role.
    Venturi helped me out before I had officially started there and I was extremely grateful for that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Venturi?   1 Answer

Trainee Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Venturi UK (Wilmslow, England) in June 2018.

Interview

After speaking with a current employee of Venturi and hearing about the company as a whole, i was invited in by Priya (head of recruitment) for an interview with the team of directors. The recruitment process was very well organised and conducted over 2 days (Friday for the first interview and Monday for the second). Overall i had a great experience with both Priya and the directors, the questions during both interviews were engaging and allowed you to truly express yourself as an interviewee. After successfully passing my first interview, i was invited to return on the following Monday to deliver a 8-10 minute presentation to the directors on "why i would make a successful recruiter". This was soon followed by further questions and answers to ensure i possessed the skills and attitude to succeed in the industry e.g. resilient, ambitious, target driven etc. To summarise, i found the interview process one of the most engaging and fulfilling i have experienced. I am very pleased to have accepted the position offered!

Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Venturi UK (Wilmslow, England) in April 2018.

Interview

After researching recruitment agencies across Cheshire, I decided to apply for Venturi directly through their website. A couple of days later Priya (Head of Talent )got in touch with me and we chatted on the phone for around 30 minutes about why I was interested in the role. The following week I met with Priya and also Jamie, Peter and Joe (directors). I was there for around 2 hours in total, and mainly we spoke about things such as; my personal and professional goals, ambition, drive, resilience, and how I'd displayed these qualities in the past. After completing this stage I was invited for a final interview the following week, I had prepared a 10 minute presentation, and talked about it afterwards for around 40 minutes. All of the interviewers were very friendly, down to earth and inspiring - which was why I was keen to take the job offer there.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.