Virgin America Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Virgin America Interview Questions

Interviews at Virgin America

2.7

In Flight Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin America (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

This was my first choice out of the Airlines and also my first interview. That being said-
    I loved the whole process! I applied and in the same day did the personality test. A few days later I was asked to do a video interview. *people research the company and know you're stuff!* A month later I received an email asking me to take a phone call and then I was offered an in person interview.
    At the in person interview there were 23 candidates. We connected before the process and the in flight promo crew greeted us and invited us to ask them questions. We did 2 team builders and had the orientation of the company. Not in that order. We had 3 breaks all total and they do have some water and snacks in the room.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a team member isn't doing their best/not doing their work load?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a customer that wasn't easy to satisfy?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you wowed a customer?   Answer Question
    • Walk me through your resume and tell me about the skills sets you've used that apply to this job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin America (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

It was lengthy. 5 hours to be exact. They made us do situations that will be conducted in training--not fair for those who are inexperienced in airline industry. Everything was on our expense, that's not acceptable. If you want this cabin crew position, do note that you'll have to pay out of pocket for a one month training, while other airlines do provide housing and transportation.

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

The hiring process was very long and drawn out. From interview to starting took 2 months. There is a thorough background check and drug screening process. The interview process was long too (8 hours). It consisted of a group interview and 1 on 1.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin America in September 2017.

Interview

I did a video interview and was sent a nice email a few days later stating they would be passing on me, and that I was welcome to apply for a different position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin America (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

It took about 20 minutes. It was a computer interview. It was awkward at first but by the end I was feeling a lot more comfortable. This wasn't my first time interviewing with them. So I knew what to expect.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you wowed a customer   1 Answer

Application

Interview

The interview process...application, assessment test, video interview, phone interview, then you get invited to the face to face. You will do two team building activities (ice breaker, roundtable). The roundtable, you pick a question to answer and you act out a scenario. After this, they do cuts, whoever is left actually does the one on one face to face interview.

Guest Services Teammate Interview

Interview

The hiring process was fast only took 2 weeks. They were impressively fast on following up. So first you'll do the Online application. Be ready to be online for a while. It's a long application that's really more like a personality test. Then you'll receive an email for the Video interview where it's a one way interview and you get to answer a series of questions and you have a few seconds to answer. Then you'll receive an email for a phone interview and you'll need to choose when they can best call you. This is really more just to reiterate what you said on your video interview and a few more reminders on what to expect if hired. Then lastly the F2F interview where you are invited to the headquarters. First you do an ice breaker, then a briefing of what the job is, salary & benefits. Then finally a face to face interview with management. That's where my journey ended as I was not a match for the job.

Just be yourself. Research well on the company way before your F2F interview . They will definitely see right thru you if you're not fit for this job. Also helps if you're attractive and younger(cause this is a front line job after all!) on top of your work experience and how well you interview. So best of luck!

Interview Questions

• Why Virgin America?
      Why Should we hire you?
      Explain the time you did not agree on company policy and how you handled it?
      Think back from your last job where you feel was your best working environment?
      What type of working environment to do thrive the most?
      Why the move to this job?   Answer Question

Guest Service Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Virgin America.

Interview

Applied on august 18, was invited for a one way video interview on the 19th and completed the interview on the 22nd. Super easy interview just the fact that you're talking to yourself made kinda awkward 😣

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, why should we hire you, what does it mean to be a team player, name a time you WOWED a customer, name a time you had to be flexible, why do you want to work for virgin America.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virgin America (Burlingame, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I originally applied on May 24th, 2017 for the Inflight Team Member (Flight Attendant) position. After you apply online, you will get a link to complete a pretty long personality assessment. Those usually do not take me long but I think it took me like 45 minutes. After the personality assessment, it's basically just a waiting game until you get the request to do a video interview from Virgin.

I literally got a link on May 25th, 2017 to complete the video interview and I did it within 24 hours. What I did to prepare for this interview was read all of the questions that are asked. They're listed on Glassdoor. The first five questions below are the five they asked me during the video interview. What I did was printed out every single question I saw they could potentially ask, and answered it. I kept it by my side on the video interview - once I saw the question, I would skim through my answer before the camera started to record. Once time is up, I looked directly into the camera lens during the allotted time frame. Make sure you don't look down like you're reading a piece of paper!

Most airlines do the HireVue process. To be honest I was losing hope because I didn't see any emails in the following weeks whether I did okay or not. I've done them before with other airlines and have not been selected so I did kind-of feel discouraged.

On July 17th, 2017, literally one month, three weeks, and one day later (long time to wait!) I received an email saying "Thank you for taking the time to complete a video interview! We are scheduling phone screens for an upcoming interview session and would love to talk with you!" In this email, they also say in a nice way, if you have any visible tattoos or piercings, don't bother scheduling it. There is a link in the email that you click on that pulls up a scheduling screen, and you just pick the time you want them to call you.

When the recruiter called me, it was not really an interview. They just asked me would I be willing to move to any of the three bases, (JFK, LAX, or SFO) did I have any tattoo's or piercings, would I be able to cover my relocation costs, etc. It was maybe 6-7 minutes. At the end of the preliminary eligibility questions, I was invited to the face to face interview in Burlingame. They gave me two dates, July 26th, 2017 or August 9th, 2017.

The recruiter emails you 4 PDF documents with instructions on how to fill them out. The Pre-Employment Transfer Notification Form and the Release of Information Form must be filled out prior to interview. There is also a study guide to learn all 31 airport codes they fly to, common airline verbiage, and military time. I studied very hard on the airport codes and know them all by heart.

I also brought along a letter of recommendation from my current employer.

I flew up for the face to face on August 9th. My interview was actually located at the headquarters and not a hotel as stated by previous reviews, but I'm sure they change it up depending on need/availability. The group I was in was rather small. We were there for about 5-6 hours. In the beginning they checked paperwork and then sent us into the room. Split us up into groups of six for the ice breakers.

As we wait, they called people back one by one. In the beginning of the interview, they let us know they are hiring and there is a spot for all of us so just be ourselves, and have fun. But really what happened was they were escorting people out and not even giving them a chance to do an actual face to face. We were told that day if we made it or not. When they were calling us back one by one, they either took you to meet to recruiters or literally walked you to the elevator and told you to go home. It was honestly the most bizarre thing I had ever experienced. They wouldn't even provide feedback. Told us to re-apply in a year. Which makes no sense because Virgin is going to be no more and going to be strictly Alaska. Only a select few (5) made it on to the next level. Everyone that came was extremely nice, professional, and good looking. We all actually became friends with each other and exchanged numbers.

We were promised a face to face and that promise was not fulfilled. If this is how Virgin America works, then I am glad they are being bought from Alaska. I really hope that people who apply in the future know that you literally have to pay for your whole expense up to Burlingame. With the flight, outfit, lyfts, food, etc. I probably spent about $600-$700 on this entire interview process and didn't get to even meet them face to face. Good luck if you get the chance to go for the interview. It was a good experience, but the ethics and morals of Virgin America are obviously extremely shallow. I was shocked. The people that made it through did the background, drug test, and finger prints that day.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Virgin America (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to do the online video interview, nearly three months later received an email asking for a phone interview. The phone interview is really an interview. They ask some about basic info and ask if you're willing to fly out to SFO for a F2F . I was someone hesitant to say yes because virgin does not fly you out, it all at your expense. I decided I would make a weekend out if it and visit family in SF, I agreeed and scheduled my F2F.

BE ON TIME!!!! a handful of applicants were 1 minute late and were all asked to leave. The F2F was SO MUCH FUN! Just enjoy yourself, smile, smile and smile but don't be fake lol just have a good time while remaining professional. You'll do a quick introduction of yourself, some role play and team bounding. The recrutors are always watching you, keep that in mind.

They will start escorting applicants out one by one. You have no idea if it's a thank you or a "move to the next room for a F2F" until you're out of everyone's view. Happy to say that I got my F2F and I was offered a position.

Again be yourself, be social and STAY off your phone. Don't even look at it! Good luck and hope to see you in the sky