Virgin Holidays Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Virgin Holidays Limited Interview Questions

Interviews at Virgin Holidays Limited

3.1

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and had to answer three detailed questions talking about my experiences and how they would be used for the role.

I was offered an interview 2 days after the application closed and had to prepare a presentation. Created a campaign and included sample marketing material. Interview ran over and both interviewers showed positive signs.

Automated rejection email sent 4 days later and offered no feedback. Bit poor for wanting to know why so that you can work on in the future. What can you expect from corporate though.

Head of Strategy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England) in January 2014.

Interview

On Monday 20th January 2014 I was asked to attend an interview at 12pm on Monday 27th January 201, so I emailed an acceptance. On Thursday 23rd January I was asked to change my interview time to 11.45 am, so I emailed an acceptance. One hour later I was asked to change my interview time to 1.30 pm, so I emailed an acceptance. Half an hour later I was asked to change my interview time to 11.45 am, so I emailed an acceptance. On Friday 24th January I was asked to change my interview time to 11.30 am so I emailed an acceptance. When I attended the interview on Monday at 11.30 am I was told that they were running 20 minutes late. Nobody apologised for starting the interview 20 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• Your personality profile indicates that you react aggressively when challenged why is that?   1 Answer

The interview process demonstrated that the company is a shambles They repeatedly changed my interview time and then started the interview late. Furthermore the first action in the interview was not to apologise for starting late but to slander me.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England) in September 2015.

Interview

telephone interview, then face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Sell me a holiday - role play
      two people asking questions about experience, work history etc
      telephone interview needs to be passed before they put you forward for face to face interview. to be honest managers usually know who they are offering job to before interview, friends ex-colleagues etc   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Straight forward process from start to finish. Fast update via email to inform me that I was through to the next process. Face to face interview lasted nearly 2 hours and during this time I completed a couple of little tests, a role play process is also carried out at this time.

Interview Questions

• Role play to sell the interviewer a holiday to destination provided Pre interview   1 Answer

Travel Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (Worcester, England) in January 2017.

Interview

The first step of the job application is a pre recorded video interview. Once the question is asked the interviewee is allowed to think about how to answer for 20 seconds then given five minutes to give the answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you close the deal?
      Tell us about the time you reached a sales target.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (London, England) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial Online application which was fairly straightforward to complete and upload documentation. This was followed a few days later by a request for an online personality questionnaire analysis. The interview day started with a group session with other candidates, then a paper exercise followed by a small panel interview with one lead and another observer with occasional contributions

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a conflict between two members of staff?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn for this position. Sent an email by HR within a couple of days to arrange a phone interview. Interviewer called me a day before the arranged time as HR gave him the wrong info. Had a twenty minute chat where he explained the role. HR called me within two hours to invite me for interview face to face. They wanted to see me the following week but for me not possible. Gave them a range of dates and then didn't hear anything until i mailed them three times asking for info. They told me they were putting it on hold due to someome's surgery. Emailed me several weeks later to tell me they had filled position internally. Waste of time talking to these people.

Health and Safety Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, where they sent 2 online assessments to complete and then i was called in a so called "assessment centre" in Crawley. There were in total 15 people waiting to be called for the assessment centre while the interviewer was approx 15min late. In the meantime we couldn't use any toilet facilities until someone escorted us (imagine there were candidates coming from all parts of the country). We started off with an icebreaker exercise were the person next to us would answer for us 3 questions after having a chat. 1)why virgin, what would you bring to the role and a thing from our bucket list (!). Mind you the average age of the whole group was around 64. Obviously as it was an icebreaker exercise the person next to me that was describing me didn't really answer the questions. Moving on they gave us an individual exercise that we had to answer in 30min regarding prioritising H&S issues after an audit at a hotel. Then, we go on for a coffee break and come back to do a group presentation.

Then they go out, they come back in to tell us that 2 people progressed for the interview stage while the others failed. How can you judge a person's individual ability for the job if you just pick 2 random people and drag 15 people from all over the country to crawley just to waste their time. Absolute joke. The whole "assessment centre" lasted about 2 hours and the whole experience was very poor in terms of the company's reputation and I have been in many assessment centres in my life but none was that joke.

Interview Questions

• No interview they picked 2 random people out of the group.   Answer Question

Finance Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England) in September 2015.

Interview

Advertised on website. Email inviting me for interview. You select your own time slot from a given list of available slots. A box of scenario cards are used from which you have to find/extrapolate the missing data (this was a finance role). This takes about 45 minutes in total.

The interview part (another 45 minutes) - they ask you to talk about some of your previous roles and then they go through a list of competency based questions. These give the interview a very fixed and rigid feel with little room to elaborate or give context or personality.

Rated the experience poorly as I was notified by email stating no feedback is given. Taking into account the time invested in preparation, skills test, interview itself (as well as the Virgin brand of caring about customers and staff), a couple of lines of fair feedback would be appropriate.

Interview Questions

• Leadership/collaboration (insert other value/skill here) are needed in this role - tell us about an example where you have shown good leadership/collaboration etc...   Answer Question

Trainee Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England) in September 2013.

Interview

We had an assessment day : a great experience that I would recommend to everyone. Team group behavioural exercises, 1 hour technical test and about 1 hour technical interview regardin the initial project sent for the application. I am disappointed with Virgin Holidays because when I left their office they told me that I would receive a feedback on tuesday, after 1 week and half I have decided to send them a question regarding my performance on the assessment day, they replied after 1 week with a 'copy and paste' response telling me 'due to high volume of applications...'. Just to say we were 3 applicants on the assessment day. I would suggest the hiring managers to be honest with the candidates from the beginning : if you are planning to do more interviews and want a range of candidates to choose from, just specify this. Everyone deserves an answer, it takes only 1-2 minutes to write it.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.