Virgin Holidays Limited Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Virgin Holidays Limited Interview Questions

Interviews at Virgin Holidays Limited

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied for this job online early Nov 2019

Email was sent to me for phone interview a few days later - phone interview was basic questions asking about times when.... etc. Gentlemen on the phone was absolutely lovely. He was the manager for Newcastle store - Made me feel at ease.
    Was successful on the phone and was invited to face to face interview

Face to Face interview was prob the best interview I have EVER had they were just as lovely face to face then they were on the phone.
    - competency questions was asked and then had to do a role play. That was nerve racking!! LoL

Role play was me presenting a holiday to Florida for a family - that was nerve racking because I have never done anything like this before but tired my best... - even though i didn’t get the job the whole experience for me was thumbs up.

The interview made me determined to want work for people like this. I can tell that they are welcoming, professional and just once again lovely.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (Cardiff, Wales) in March 2019.

Interview

Application form, with CV and cover letter. Then a Video interview within 5 days. If successful a face to face interview in the store which included a 10 min presentation on Florida

Interview Questions

• What Sales experience do you have?
      Favourite destination?   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online and had to answer three detailed questions talking about my experiences and how they would be used for the role.

I was offered an interview 2 days after the application closed and had to prepare a presentation. Created a campaign and included sample marketing material. Interview ran over and both interviewers showed positive signs.

Automated rejection email sent 4 days later and offered no feedback. Bit poor for wanting to know why so that you can work on in the future. What can you expect from corporate though.

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (York, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online through the Virgin Holidays Website and was asked to do a video interview a few days later, within a week was contacted for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you provided excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • To give a 10 minute presentation on Florida   1 Answer
    • One destination you would recommend to anyone   1 Answer
    • Tell me why you left your last job   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Virgin holidays   Answer Question

Personal Holiday Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online. The next day I received an email with an invitation for a digital interview. I had 48h to complete it and it was approximately 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Cv exploration - roles; periods you worked there; gaps in the working history, why; reason to leave;   1 Answer
    • A time when you achieved a challenging personal target? How?   Answer Question
    • A time when you generated new business or suggested a creative idea?   Answer Question
    • If you have chosen the perfect holiday for a client, how will you close the sale?   Answer Question

Personal Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (Nottingham, England) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied and was hired 17 days later. Super quick process! I applied online, completed a few general questions, then moved onto a video interview which is pre recorded. This was very nerve racking but was much better than I expected. I had not done one before! You watch a recorded video of the 'interviewer' and then you have some time to either repeat the question, or have more time to think of your answer, then you record yourself. I found it really quite interesting. I then was offered a face to face interview, which took place the following week. This was with the store manager and the divisional manager. This was quite long, lots of background discussion and then competency based questions then scenario based questions. There was then a role play on generating new business and a role play on selling a holiday to Barbados. They provided me with a mini brochure before hand to study. I made sure to upsell where I could (seats, lounge etc) and spoke about benefits of certain hotels. There was a costing exercise which was fairly simple with a calculator.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me why you think Virgin and Kuoni are different- give examples.   1 Answer
    • How would you treat Virgin customers as opposed to other customers in previous roles?   1 Answer

Personal Travel Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (Lincoln, England) in November 2017.

Interview

At the beginning I had an informal phone call to speak about role, requirements and application process. After that I had to fill the application form online and shortly after I was invited to a video interview. Honestly, this video interview was quite confusing as you are not speaking with a person, it is pre-recorded interview already. You have about 20-30 seconds before answering a question and you have an option to repeat the question if you did not understand first time. Next day after video interview I was invited to a face to face interview at Lincoln. I can assure , the interview was very good and the interviewer was incredibly honest and friendly person who really made me feel relaxed. We also had a short role play which is really nothing to worry about if you are prepared for it as it was very short and easy. Unfortunately I did not get the job, but after such a nice interview, I'd be more than happy to work in such a warm welcoming environment like this.

Health and Safety Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online, where they sent 2 online assessments to complete and then i was called in a so called "assessment centre" in Crawley. There were in total 15 people waiting to be called for the assessment centre while the interviewer was approx 15min late. In the meantime we couldn't use any toilet facilities until someone escorted us (imagine there were candidates coming from all parts of the country). We started off with an icebreaker exercise were the person next to us would answer for us 3 questions after having a chat. 1)why virgin, what would you bring to the role and a thing from our bucket list (!). Mind you the average age of the whole group was around 64. Obviously as it was an icebreaker exercise the person next to me that was describing me didn't really answer the questions. Moving on they gave us an individual exercise that we had to answer in 30min regarding prioritising H&S issues after an audit at a hotel. Then, we go on for a coffee break and come back to do a group presentation.

Then they go out, they come back in to tell us that 2 people progressed for the interview stage while the others failed. How can you judge a person's individual ability for the job if you just pick 2 random people and drag 15 people from all over the country to crawley just to waste their time. Absolute joke. The whole "assessment centre" lasted about 2 hours and the whole experience was very poor in terms of the company's reputation and I have been in many assessment centres in my life but none was that joke.

Interview Questions

• No interview they picked 2 random people out of the group.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Straight forward process from start to finish. Fast update via email to inform me that I was through to the next process. Face to face interview lasted nearly 2 hours and during this time I completed a couple of little tests, a role play process is also carried out at this time.

Interview Questions

• Role play to sell the interviewer a holiday to destination provided Pre interview   1 Answer

Travel Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virgin Holidays Limited (Worcester, England) in January 2017.

Interview

The first step of the job application is a pre recorded video interview. Once the question is asked the interviewee is allowed to think about how to answer for 20 seconds then given five minutes to give the answer.

Interview Questions

• How would you close the deal?
      Tell us about the time you reached a sales target.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.