Virgin Media Field Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Virgin Media Field Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Virgin Media

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Norwich, England) in March 2018.

Interview

A short 20 minute casual interview via phone was the first process. Fairly easy questions, chill, seemed professional. A lot of the questions were experience based which is something I unfortunately lacked.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about experience and your strategy to selling in certain scenarios.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Virgin Media

Field Sales Advisor Interview

Interview

Decent guy, but emphasised how hard the rejection is and spent literally 30 minutes talking about exactly that.

Also said there's little career progression from this role and that you'd be better off in something else as we want people who do this job for life, get a good commission and never leave or go higher.
    Not really what you want to hear.

Interview Questions

Virgin Media Response

29 Mar 2017 – Social Media and Content Manager

Hello! We really appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our Managers. Our Values include being ‘Straight-Up’ and this means we’ll be honest and up-front about the challenges that might be faced in our roles to help applicants make informed decisions on whether this is the right role for them. Perhaps we’ve been a little too ‘straight-up’ so we’ll take this away and encourage our Managers to think about how we could do this better.

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Liverpool, England) in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a new manager she was very friendly & chatty.
    I found her easy to get along with but I think that I was partly offered the job because of my experience.
    I had to find the offices at Knowsley where the building is just a huge grey building and doesn't say Virgin Media in big letters!!

Interview Questions

• Have 1 mins to prep. tell me about what you would do in your first 6 months.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Plymouth, England).

Interview

Short phone interview. Then face to face interview, very informal. Asked to prepare a sales pitch after given a scenario. Lasted around 30 minutes. Interviewed by head of sales in region who was a decent bloke but very informal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gateshead, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Gateshead, England) in August 2016.

Interview

exiting interview I had just few days ago, a lot of question related on past experience, Virgin Media product and job details... I did answer all the question and love the idea of having a chance to work and sales their product. Waiting for a positive response on my interview

Interview Questions

• Why you believe you'll be great on this role '   1 Answer

Field Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Virgin Media in July 2016.

Interview

Had telephone interview , then given a face to face interview which I was told there and then I had the job , I was given the date of my induction , car details etc
    The following day received my contract then emails to review the recruiting process . Then 48 hours later received a message that my offer of employment has been withdrawn because I didn't have a perfect credit rating due to the fact I was made redundant last year and missed one months mortgage payment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered the job given a contract then the offer withdrawn , because I didn't have a perfect credit rating . When I rang up I was told because as a field sales adviser I would be handling sensitive information I required a near credit rating !
    I am currently run a firm were I handle customer information on a daily basis and an a Magistrate at my local court and no issues . Total waste of time, money and effort

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Cardiff, Wales) in April 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview to start, then an interview with a Field Sales Manager which included a short role play. Virgin Media aren't looking to catch anyone out. Open friendly interview. Next came job appreciation which involved shadowing an existing sales advisor.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your own USP   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virgin Media (Plymouth, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Firstly had a 20 min telephone interview. Invited to attend group assessment with five other candidates and four assessors. Had good indepth company intro, group exercise and then one to one interviews. Whole session lasted around four hours but it went quick. I was notified of outcome within an hour.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.