Visa Inc. Interview Questions in Reading, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Visa Inc.

2.9

Fraud Screening Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Reading, England) in January 2019.

Interview

2 hours interview with the managers consisting of competency based question and a small brain teaser. This included on testing your analytical skills by analysing a set of data on excel which you had to interpret it to the hiring managers. For example, an anomaly in the data patterns.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Reading, England).

Interview

Very easy online application. Got a phone interview a few weeks after which was quite challenging but still okay. Two days later got sent a Hackerank test which was pretty good as well. Finally I got invited for the final assessment centre which included 1 long technical interview and a group presentation. The technical interview was good, asked basic Comp Sci questions, however the group work was what put me off. First i could not help but notice people of the same races were grouped together, on top of that we were told to bring our laptops but we didn't need to have any special software on it, however the group work required us to create a program and I felt this was quite unfair as people had different technologies and programming languages on their computers that others didn't have which made their work quicker. Worst of all a member of my group didn't show up and so we were the only ones in a 2 man group when everyone else had 3. Of course we weren't able to finish the work on time as we didn't have the same number of people. Very upsetting because we could have been easily regrouped to make it fair.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Reading, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview: very relaxed, talked about my experience and they gave more information about the position. Was asked questions about times I was a good leader or solved problem creatively etc. I got asked to do the next stage of interviews starting with hackerrank challenges, but declined due to another job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a situation when you solved a problem in a creative manner.   Answer Question
    • How do you take feedback; both positive and negative?   Answer Question

Delivery Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Reading, England) in July 2014.

Interview

Very robust. Multi formatted. This included a one hour phone interview with one of the senior team members, then an assessment day, followed by a face to face.

Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Reading, England) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview carried out by PDS. They made sure you knew the specification of the programme such as where it would be based, how much you'll earn and what qualification you'll gain. The interviewer asked competency based questions and wrote down short notes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a problem and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Reading, England) in May 2012.

Interview

Face to face with the hiring manager and a peer, who described the ideas and what they wanted to do.
    Lasted about an hour and a half.
    I then attended a six hour session at the local football stadium, in the private boxes.
    Once then I had to analyse a twenty page document and do basic project management analysis on it.
    Then I had to present my output.
    I also had to take a business idea and basically question another actor and try to determine if the business idea had legs. I then had to present my findings, my conclusion, and why I said yes or no to the idea.
    Then I had to pretend to be a VP who was coaching a director. The director was a local actor.
    It was quite interesting and I scored highly.
    The two positions that reported to the role I was going for, were given to non Visa people.
    Due to politics the role I applied for was given to a Visa staffer, so as to not upset anyone, political.

The Visa staffers I met were an interesting bunch, a couple were work-shy, the other was pretty sharp.

Interview Questions

• Is the moon really made of cheese?   1 Answer

Delivery Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Reading, England) in April 2012.

Interview

Two stage process: hiring manager plus one other manager for a technical and team-fit interview. This involved a case study style presentation, and questions and answers; and an HR interview to ensure I wasn't a two-headed monster axe-murderer.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with two projects having a conflicting call on resources?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for an appropriate salary, and got it. I was very close to the norm when I arrived.

Functional Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Reading, England) in September 2009.

Interview

The interview process was not what I expected, I spoke to the team lead and he lacked any kind of enthusiasm, it was like pulling teeth! I had to ask him what the project was about. The interview lasted about 15mins, and in that time I hardly understood a word he said as he had a very think accent.

Interview Questions

• EXPLAIN THE V MODEL?   1 Answer
    • Why are requirements so important?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was easy, just stick to your guns, negotiation was done through the recruiter

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.