Visa in Europe Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Visa in Europe Interview Questions

Updated 7 Jun 2018

3.1

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Visa in Europe (New York, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was set up in a very short amount of time. Standard process with group presentation and 1:1 with all potential team members. The team is very nice and they asked specific questions about my work, explain how the team works and why i will want to work for visa.

Interview Questions

• Why am I interested in the payment industry   1 Answer

Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Visa in Europe (Foster City, CA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Case based interview with mulitple rounds. The recruiters are the first point of contact, but they are only responsive if they are interested in you as a candidate. First round is with the recruiter. 2nd round is usually with the hiring manager over the phone. Third round is in person with multiple people.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the job?   2 Answers

Consulting Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa in Europe in January 2009.

Interview

phone interview, then face to face

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Visa in Europe in February 2013.

Interview

First I had a telephone interview with someone from the HR department. The interview lasted around 15 minutes and it was pretty straight forward with typical HR related questions.

Then a second telephone interview was arranged, this one was 30 minutes and it was mainly technical questions.

One of the guys was a lead software engineer and he had a very strong indian accent. It was a conference and the other guy (a senior team manager) had to repeate some of the questions that were asked by the lead software engineer as sometimes it was very difficult to understand. In one of the questions I answered that EJB was part of J2EE but he didn't agree with this and was questioning my knowledge on the matter - without reason... I just had to agree at the end even knowing he wasn't right! Some of the questions were nonsense in my humble opinion.

Another important thing to mention is that there was a considerable time between each interview or e-mail contact from them - 3-4 weeks! The process is extremely slow, so this is something people should take into account if they are actively looking for a job.

Interview Questions

• Have you looked at the implementation / code of StringBuffer (from Oracle's Java SE) ?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa in Europe (London, England) in October 2014.

Interview

This entailed two interviews in total:
    - 0.5 hours phone interview with HR (this was more of an introductory interview)
    - 1.5 hours face to face interview with two hiring managers (this included a presentation which I had to prepare beforehand, technical questions, HR-related/behavioral questions, questions about my background and CV)

A couple of days after the face-to-face interview I had an offer.

Analytics Manager Interview

Interview

Applied and recruiting team got in touch saying they would like to set up a call. I provided times and telephone number and heard nothing back. Chased many times and got an occasional half-baked email asking for availability. Job is now no longer available which is a real disappointment. I get the impression that the recruiting teams lack any real organisation and I’m applying from a Big Four firm.

Service Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Visa in Europe.

Interview

two interviews, initial telephone interview followed by face to face interview held with the hiring manager and a team leader. The telephone interview lasted about 15 minutes and face to face about one hour

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, offer was made and accepted.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Visa in Europe.

Interview

I was initially contacted by recruiters. They passed on my CV to VISA Europe.

I then had to perform an online assessment. One of the test was a Logical reasoning test, the other an aptitude test involving the comparison of strings under time pressure.

Then an interview at their offices in London.
    General competency based questions, and a scenario exercise which focused heavily on multi tasking.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to make a quick decision of high impact?   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa in Europe (London, England) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied directly online from the company's website. First received a call from HR, followed by verbal and numerical online tests. Scored high on both and then being invited to an assessment day where they put you on a role play, priority for work test, followed by the actual interview. Their interview process is complicated and dont expect someone to answer your questions after the first few minutes after the tests start. They were unhelpful during the whole interview. Their interview tests at the assessment day was not effective at all, I agreed with emloyees who rated low for this company. Would not recommed this company for anyone even for an interview as there is no experience to gain from, absolute waste of time...

Interview Questions

• The tests at the assessment day were difficult, even if you are prepared, you wont complete these tests within a short time and dont expect an answer if you have a question about the tests. Apart fro the tests, the usual interview questions were: Tell us why you applied for this role, what do you believe you can bring in to our team, what are your weaknesses, have you ever wanted to achieve something and failed in your previous jobs, give examples...   Answer Question

I red the reviews of the current employees and declined the offer

Lead Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Visa in Europe (London, England) in October 2011.

Interview

Two stage interview involving the regional lead business analyst. This was followed by another interview with the regional project manager. After this there was a discussion session on different analysts techniques

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult stakeholder   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.