Vistaprint Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Vistaprint Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jun 2019

3.1

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2014.

Interview

I originally applied for a different position at VistaPrint. About a week later, I was contacted by a recruiter asking my interest in the Associate Analyst position. I showed my interest and an interview was set up a few days later with the hiring manager. The interview was pretty straight forward. However, after learning more about the position during the interview, I became aware that this position was not a good match for me. I was pretty bummed out, especially because the recruiter reached out to me for this position that I did not originally apply for.

Interview Questions

• There was no curve balls asked during the interview. Every question was very straight forward about my experience and skill set.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

Let me preface this that it is not the interview process I had a problem with it was the fact that 4 professionals could not agree on what they wanted and, the fact that it seemed that the feedback I recieved on my interview seemed completely out of touch with things that I said during the interview.

Vista print contacted me about an opportunity they were looking to fill (and had been looking to fill at that point for about 5 months). In a bad economy with a lot of people out of work this shouldn't have been a problem to fill the job slot, but because it was right around the Christmas Holidays they wanted to get me in ASAP otherwise I might miss the opportunity.

A lot of hurry up and wait.

The interview consisted of meeting with 4 individuals including my would be boss. At that point I was asked a broad question about how I would come up with the answer and to present a possible solution.

When I heard back from the HR person I was completely floored when she said that the feedback she received on me indicated that I had never visited their website?!?! I attempted to explain that this wasn't at all the case, I had in fact visited their website but was asked if I had every bought anything from them which, I had not. She brushed it off as being a miscommunication. (I certainly won't be buying anything from them now!)

I liked the hiring manager a lot and I thought I would have worked well with her. It's a shame that in the end things got all jumbled up and that they had spent so much time vetting and looking for the 'right person'. The feedback from HR is what left a really bad taste in my mouth about this company. Shame, really a shame.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Corporate recruiter contacted me via email, followed by half an hour phone screen with recruiter, half an hour phone screen with hiring manager, then a 4 or 5 hours onsite interview.

Heard feedback in a week or two. I did great with technical questions, everyone liked me, but felt I need to be more assertive, more ways of handling things as a manager.

This position does not involve leading a team or much technical depth, does require a lot of people skill and management experience. I have moved on to a position that is a better fit for me. I appreciate the opportunity and honest feedback. The interview process is fair and efficient. I enjoyed meeting those who interviewed me.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I ended up applying late, but this process was still the best of all the internships I"ve interviewed for. I submitted my resume on a Tuesday, got a call back on Wednesday, set up interviews for Thursday morning, and had the offer by Thursday afternoon. The campus recruiting office is the BEST - very helpful, informative, nice, etc.
    I did the actual interviews via the phone, and did coding over a collaboration coding tool (via the internet) and over google docs. The interviewers were really nice and helpful, and I got a good vibe from them. Interview questions were unsurprising and kinda standard.
    1.) OOP design question (Design an elevator system, and they gave me some scenarios to consider while building). Be prepped to do a UML diagram.
    2.) Pretty simple geometry algorithm question that was sort of like your classic box-packing problem. You shouldn't need to prep too much for this one... it's really easy to overthink though, so be wary of that.

Interview Questions

• The elevator design was challenging just because there is no right answer. The most important thing there is to clearly explain why you're doing what you're doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm an intern. I was surprised at how high it was that I didn't think fast enough to start negotiating.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint in March 2014.

Interview

I met campus recruiters through the career fair, and then applied through the Jobs and Internships Board for my university. Then they came to campus a week or two afterwards to do on campus interviews. The interview was divided into two parts: the first part was about OOP, and the second part was a simple coding problem.

I got a call from them two days afterwards with an offer, and they gave me two weeks to think about it.

After I accepted the offer, they offered an office visit. The campus recruiting people are awesome!

Interview Questions

• How would you design an elevator? (Create a UML diagram too)   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate, it was for an internship.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

I applied on campus and had an on campus interview. The process was organized and I met with each person for an hour. I interviewed with two developers. I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• One question was to design an algorithm to optimally fit different sized cards on a piece of paper. The second question covered object oriented design   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Emailed a recruiter and he replied over a month later around April. Had an initial, short interview with him that was a simple screening. Nothing technical. Was passed on to the next round where I had two, one-hour interviews. First was an object-oriented design problem and the second was a coding problem.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Just wasn't focused during the time of the interview. The coding problem involved finding the number of sheets required to print an array of objects.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vistaprint.

Interview

The process was long. I first had an on-campus interview. Then they hosted us up in a hotel for a weekend. There were probably 100 candidates. We went to a dinner and heard some presentations the first night. After that we had a long day of 3 interviews followed by a tour of the building. We finished off with a night at a bar in Boston. They don't do any of this anymore from what I hear.

Interview Questions

• Three easy whiteboard questions. One estimating question, a design question, and a basic coding question. Practice your OO and algorithms and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was very good from the start, and I did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

How many small size shampoo bottles are produced every year

Interview Questions

• What is the total number of small sized shampoo bottles produces in the world.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.