Vitol S.A. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Vitol S.A. Interview Questions

Interviews at Vitol S.A.

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vitol S.A..

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and spoke with a senior member for a phone interview. He was very friendly older gentleman and asked me mostly behavioral questions. Pretty easy interview that lasted about 30 minutes. I got a offer on the spot which I accepted. Overall a good experience and good work culture.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vitol S.A..

Interview

I want to do an HONEST UNBIASED ACTUAL GLASSDOOR review of Vitol, and I hope this helps.

Interviewed through a recruiter, met with HR and Team Manager, followed by a Team Panel and Head of HR.

Questions asked were behavioral questions. Pls see other reviews, they are the same ones.

For Fresh college graduates with 2 to 4 yrs of experience.
    – Go for it! They like em’ cheap (no disrespect intended – honest opinion – I know this because I knew how to do the job in my sleep but was passed over for a fresh graduate for probably 1/3 of the money) and I am not what you would consider a late-life worker at all. It’s all about the money!
    – Be aware, this is not a place to develop a career. They do not have any cross training or step-up programs and don’t plan to implement any in the near future from what I was told (in between the lines). You can confirm this by reading Vitol employee reviews.
    -The job is strenuous and repetitive, focused on massive volume. They just need someone to keep putting the coal in to keep the engine running. You will be graded on how much coal you can shovel, and you better keep up (know someone who worked at Vitol and left).

For EXPERIENCED Professionals with 4 yrs plus of experience.
    – From my experience Vitol leans more on the fresh college grad crowd for the operations support jobs, they just have fancy titles, but the work is mundane and won’t help you step up your career.
    – DO NOT let them lead you on to believe that you have the job. I think they do this to keep the candidates on their toes. IF YOU HAVE OTHER OFFERS, don’t read too much into their feedback no matter how grand it is, and KEEP YOU OPTIONS OPEN. This is very very important especially if you have other offers.
    – There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes and you won't know it unless you know someone who works there or has worked there. There is a lot of politics, arrogance, and comradery among people (experienced this myself during the interview and confirmed later by who got the job, once again, giving an HONEST REVIEW).
    – Experienced professionals, please don’t be fooled by the money or the fancy office, think long-term and think CAREFULLY.

TIME LINE OF GETTING THE JOB? - Max time is a week, usually they will call within 3-4 days and offer you the position. If you are going on 2 weeks - i would mentally disconnect and 3 weeks plus - I would definitly move on. NOT TO WORRY - The job will open up again in 6 months because of high turn over (confirmed because I was approached for the same job 6 months before but did not pursue it at that time)

MAJOR MAJOR HINT
    Operational support positions have a HIGH TURN OVER averaging 6 months to a year. (read employee reviews for confirmation and google away to find more information on this). The winner was a 3yr tenure.
    GOOGLE “SMART” NOT Hard and you will find many answers that you seek. It's all out there and it's public information. Once you find it, you may not have many regrets…
    I am not discouraging anyone, I am just saying, DO YOUR RESEARCH and look before you leap! Good luck!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Vitol S.A. (Houston, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

phone interview for about 10 minutes and then a one on one interview with two people. they asked a lot about excel skills and marketing skills the interview was very easy going and quick

Interview Questions

• have you ever had an issue with co-workers and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vitol S.A..

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and the other receptionist with whom I would be working (one at a time). They were very friendly and it seems like a great company culture, it just wasn't really the right position for me. They did take longer to get back with me than they initially told me, however.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vitol S.A. (Rotterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2018.

Interview

Contacted from a recruiter and had an interview in the Rotterdam office.
    They had been looking for someone for a long time, cause of the specific criteria they had in mind. I had 1,5hrs interview with HR, Office magaer and legal team in London. The conversations were overall quite pleasant, but my junior profile was not what they were after.

Interview Questions

• Questions on LNG MSPA from their legal team   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Vitol S.A..

Interview

I applied through an agency who had a little chat (screening interview) with me. After that I got an invitation to talk to a company who hires software engineers for Vitol. Basically, Vitol does not hire software engineers directly but they hire contractors who are 100% on site and after about 1-2 years can switch from the contractor to Vitol if both sides agree. Anyway, I had a pleasant Skype interview and all went well. Both interviews were done within 3 weeks of my application.

After about 3-4 weeks I received the invitation for a telephone interview with Vitol. Should that have been successful, they would have invited me to their company's HQ. However, that's were it went wrong. So far, I had gotten the impression that both the recruiter and the contractor liked me for the position; they even said so. What I thought a bit odd was the fact that they gave explicit instructions on what to say and what not to say, as if I was expected to talk to the Queen of England. They even instructed me to lie about my availability (which I was to tell was immediate rather than 4 weeks as per my contract), and the fact that I already had a place to live in their region, which I obviously did not. Moreover, everything was very hush-hush.

During the phone interview (30 minutes), they asked about experience and a professional course I had done which was not relevant to the position. I had removed that from my CV (based on conversations with the recruiter and contractor) but apparently, the recruiter had not removed it from the edited CV they had received. In fact, I noticed it had moved from a rather obscure place in the "professional education" section of my CV to the top for no apparant reason, so it was blown completely out of proportion. Something that should have been a minor thing came to be the reason they did not hire me (see below). I explained that I had no intention of moving my career in that direction and they seemed satisfied with my answer, at least they said so when I asked again at the end of the interview.

A few weeks passed without an answer from Vitol, the contractor, or the recruiter, so I enquired. They told me that Vitol had said 'No' because of the thing on my CV that a) should not have been there and b) I had explained was in the past and not indicative of what I wanted to do in the future. It also fitted in with the job I did at the time, but was not how they saw it.

It seems Vitol had already made up their mind before the interview because they did not listen to what I said during it, or they did not like me and gave a bogus reason.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary: info about yourself, background, future plans. The contractor also had a Q&A about technology but it was clear that the person had no background as it was just a list of questions, no back and forth.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vitol S.A. (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied to them as they came down to my school for a career fair. I didn't pass the 1st round with HR. The HR personnel was clearly prejudiced against girls. According to my friends, there were 2 more rounds after the first interview with HR.

Interview Questions

• This is a male dominated industry, why bother apply though you're a girl?   Answer Question

Commercial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vitol S.A. (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Exploratory interview organised over email, nothing has yet come from it 2 months later. The interview was long and was general about the expectations at the company and any roles

Power Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vitol S.A. (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

In total there were four rounds of interviews with HR, then the head of recruitment, the future team I would be working with to check compatibility and finally a senior company member or director. It was a very informal process. The interviews themselves all lasted approximately an hour. It seems like there wasn't a formalised recruitment process.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vitol S.A. (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2018.

Interview

Not much comment overall is quite ok as the manager is quite fierce and very particular, you won’t get know if package until last minute. This is the one of the package

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.