Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam Interview Questions

Interviews at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam

2.7

Promovendus Interview

Interview

I had to first apply and then had two interviews with my potential future supervisors. During the second one i had to prepare a presentation on a research paper relevant to the PhD research. I also had to provide my high school, bachelor and master transcripts.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam in February 2018.

Interview

Ten mins master thesis' presentation and about one-hour discussions. There were two supervisors in the interview. They first introduced themselves a little bit, then I introduced myself. Then I had my presentation and we discussed about one hr later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come to our university ?   1 Answer

MSC Medicinal Chemistry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a 40 min long skype interview with the Associate Professor of the master's and a PhD student. It was pretty casual. I was asked a bit of background information and experience in the lab and then why I have selected this master's.

Interview Questions

• What's my favorite and my worst chemical reaction. (weird, I know)   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2016.

Interview

Knew about the position because I already had worked with the Professor offering the position. Yet, had to apply online and followed by a Skype interview. Normally a talk would be necessary, but as we had worked together already, he had watched several of my talks.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work in that project? What were my career perspectives?   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Interview

A regular interview with the group leader followed by a presentation. Normally only one interview and fast decision taking by the group leader. Interviews usually can be done online as well.

Interview Questions

• Regular interview questions accompanied by research-specific questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in October 2013.

Interview

Long wait period until interview but quick result. It was a comprehensive test for a good fit personality and knowledge wise. They were open to answering all questions from me. Helpful staff.

Interview Questions

• When I could start. Very critical for grants.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in June 2011.

Interview

The whole process was in three phases. The first two phases selection were based on (1) resume (2) grades (3) a presentation/motivation letter. The two phases were a first screening from a single person, and later those passing this initial screening were filtered by a committee.

Then I was asked to give a presentation about my work in front of a committee who asked me about past work and fit with coming project. Basically they wanted to see (1) approach to research (2) fitting of current skills with the problem.

Interview Questions

• First got questions about my work, then about how it relates to the project I was applying too.
      Later I asked questions specific to a couple of prior experiences (I was quitting current phd student position to join the new one: what tells us you won't do the same?). They concluded asking me how I approach a research question and what I look in a related-work paper.   Answer Question

Docent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in October 2017.

Interview

Het was een vrij snelle en rommelige procedure. Na mailcontact kwam ik op gesprek. Het gesprek was kort, maar dit kan ook omdat ik al wat ervaring had met soortgelijk werk.

Project en Afdelingsondersteuner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in March 2016.

Interview

Na sollicicitatie via de website (CV en Motivatiebrief) werd ik eerder dan verwacht uitgenodigd voor eerste gesprek. Ik kreeg de uitnodigingsmail gelijk de dag na de sluitingsdatum van de vacature.
    Het gesprek was met drie selectie commissieleden op kantoor. Het gesprek verliep goed en positief. Gesprek was op een vrijdag en kreeg de maandag erop telefonisch de uitslag. De keuze was toch op een andere kanditaat gevallen.

Projectmedewerker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in July 2013.

Interview

Een schriftelijke sollicitatie, vervolgens een gesprek. Uiteindelijke een tweede gesprek. Echter werd ik 1 dag voordat ik zou beginnen geinfomeeerd dat ik niet zal worden aangenomen terwijl telefonisch al was bevestigd dat ik ben aangenomen.

Interview Questions

• Hoe ik omga met de situatie waarbij vooral administratieve werk zal moeten verrichten.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.