WE Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at WE Communications

3.1

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2008.

Interview

Four rounds of interviews for an entry level position, including one interview with HR recruiter and three interviews with different people on the team. More back-and-forth emails with recruiter than you can imagine. It all seemed a bit unnecessary. Likely would have declined the opening even if I had received the offer.

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Email process trying to get in contact with a recruiter. I have found that you pretty much need to know someone in the company to get an interview.

Had a phone interview with the recruiter. She didn't seem to ask me anything about my experience, only asking me to describe my other jobs. At this point, I had a lot of work experience that included PR, but not with with Public Relations titles. I think they were looking for someone with more traditional PR experience.

Public Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications in January 2008.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process. You meet with many people to see if you'll "fit in" within the team. Went through about 5 interviews over the course of 2 months. HR Managers, managers, etc. Be prepared to answer a lot of "what would you do" in this situation questions. They really promote innovation here, but it's very corporate underneath. I noticed the dress code is very lax, but attitudes still very much old school corporate. People seem to talk a big game here, especially on the higher end. The management is on the younger end, and their are too many "VP's". Basically too many hands in the pot within the interview and the job itself. Could be much more simplified. I felt like I was interviewing for a position at a law firm.

Interview Questions

• In what ways could you provide assistance to someone inside the agency?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't accept the first offer they give you. They really tried to sell me the position with their 4 weeks of vacation, profit share, etc. However, you should note pay increases and profit share has been frozen indefinitely. Don't expect too much from them right now in lieu of a fantastic compensation package because of the economy. On the plus side, they still offer "continuing education", which is 2.5 % of your base salary to go towards forwarding your career. But they have been making some changes to that as well, which is making it harder to use.

Public Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

When I got to the interview the employees seemed all over the place and barley had time to speak. The questions were strange and negative compared to other places. I don't recommend interviewing here unless you're fully aware they'll ask you questions from all different directions. They also seemed super picky too so be aware they're probably interviewing tons of other people for the sam role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed on a project   1 Answer

WE Communications Response

23 Apr 2018 – Director Talent Acquisition, NA

WE strives to be a great place to work and we want every interaction with prospective employees to be positive. We’re sorry that your interview experience did not meet the mark.
    WE values every... More

Senior Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Seemed to be a lot of hoops to jump through. Phone screen, phone interview, writing exam, final interview. The people were nice and accommodating. The writing test seemed a bit cumbersome.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Spoke to HR on phone, then in-person interview followed by about 6 weeks of silence. Pinged the recruiter repeatedly but did not hear back. They did eventually extend an offer, but would have liked to at least have been acknowledged throughout the process. I have heard that this seems to be pretty standard from others who have interviewed and/or been hired.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a specific employer (do not care to specify) who was a client.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WE Communications (Bellevue, WA (US)) in December 2008.

Interview

A very thoughtful, well managed process. I was referred by someone internally, so the usual phone screening was not included. First interview was over lunch with one of the firm's executive officers. She was exceptionally well-prepared, pleasant and genuinely interested in my point of view. Secondary step was a day of in-person and phone interviews conducted at the headquarters office. The five or so people I met with that day were also similarly pleasant, smart and well-prepared. All in all, an excellent process

Interview Questions

• How would you handle problem x that we are experiencing? It was a tough question knowing so little about the firm at that point   Answer Question

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

The first interview was an easy screening interview. Then they ask for a writing assignment which was relatively easy and only took about an hour. The second interview was much more specific about how prepared you are for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WE Communications (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website and I had employee referral. I got only one interview, which was pretty short, only about 15 minutes and was denied later. Asked questions about the future of technology.

PR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WE Communications.

Interview

It started as email communication to set up a time to chat over the phone. Once scheduled over the phone, we talked about previous experience, PR related experience and overall background. The conversation led to the overall Interview Program and the company history. After there were about 3-4 interview questions.