Waitrose Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Waitrose Interview Questions

Updated 21 Jun 2018

2.6

Supermarket Assistant Various Departments Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Went through the online tests and got offered to come in for an interview. In the interview there were about 5 of us and we all had to complete a task in 30 minutes then make a presentation. The task was simple and it was all based on reading customers feedback and making solutions for the problems brought up by customers. There where two people in watching us and making notes. After this we all waited in the cafeteria and we're called in twos for our one-to-one interviews which were an additional 30 mins. Overall the whole thing took just under 2 hours.

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, KY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

group interview before breaking off into a 1 on 1, team building exercises. they wanna see teamwork and confidence. Asked questions and had to stand infront of the group to answer the questions as well as working in small teams to complete tasks.

Interview Questions

Interview

There was a group interview where you had to do a time management task followed by individual interviews where you were asked basic questions about your history in food service and also your availability.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Group Discussion then one to one interview, group discussion you must speak to show yourself off but at the same time use team work abilities by involving the whole team, one to one show your skills off to the interviewee

Warehouse Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coulsdon, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Coulsdon, England) in June 2018.

Interview

We were greeted by a member of security upon arrival and given access badges. Then we were led up some stairs by a member of the team interviewing us. By this point I was very nervous but everyone had sincere smiles and were cracking banter with each other and us, which really helped to relax me. There were 12 of us in total, firstly we were taken off for one on one interviews where they asked questions that tested if you had all the qualities needed of a good partner in waitrose. This was very relaxed and done in an informal format, he asked me questions and what my actions would be in a hypothetical issue and made notes on what i was saying. We were then taken back to the main room on a warehouse tour, I don't know what I expected but it was neat and tidy and all clearly labeled which was a lovely find. After the tour we were taken back to the main room and asked to complete a spot the difference on stock sheets and order sheets, don't worry this is just to make sure you can read the stock numbers efficiently. We were then asked to do a group exercise in which we were asked what kind of health and safety precautions you saw in the warehouse, potential issues that may arise and how they can be resolved.

All in all this was a very good, informal interview. Im writing this before i hear back so i can have an unbias opinion but i wish everyone applying to Waitrose the very best of luck!!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (Guildford, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Online application with test, then invite for a group interview.
    It was a 2 hour process for the interview, invite was for a group only but had a surprise 1:1 beforehand. In the group they give you a scenarios and characters and you have to place priority on customers and store scenarios.

Interview Questions

• When was a time something didn't go to plan and what did you do   Answer Question

Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Firstly you complete a series a of online tests and if your successful you receive an email asking you to book a group assessment slot. The group assessment was pretty easy, it involved role play and choosing suitable products for customers with dietary needs etc. Make sure during the group session you speak up and share your ideas/input otherwise you will not get any points and they might not progress you to the 1:1 interview. The 1:1 was a bit more daunting, my interviewer went over values of the company and I had to relate them to a time I done this during my previous job role. I think I did okay just waiting to hear back from them now.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you’ve had to adapt to change in your previous job role?   Answer Question
    • What values do you feel a Waitrose Partner should have?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waitrose in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online. I filled out an application with my own details, including education and employment history. Then I was asked to complete a Situational Judgement test. Once I had passed that, I was invited to a group interview for the following week. This turned out to actually be a 1:1 interview, which lasted about 20-30 minutes. I was told it would take up to 2 weeks to receive the news on whether I was accepted (they tell you either way, which is nice) but I received a call later in the day telling me I was successful.

Interview Questions

• What sets Waitrose apart from other supermarkets?   Answer Question
    • Speak about a time you made a mistake, and how you solved it.   Answer Question
    • How would you ensure Health & Safety standards were kept up within the store? (am paraphrasing, was worded a lot better by the interviewer)   Answer Question
    • Speak about a time you had to build a rapport with someone; how did you do it? What's the best way to build a rapport?   Answer Question
    • What's your signature dish?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a bit about yourself. Where you've worked previously, any skills you have, any hobbies. At your previous job, what were your responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • Why Waitrose? (over other supermarkets)   Answer Question

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Godalming, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Godalming, England) in May 2018.

Interview

I was late for my interview due to road closures and an accident which started the day off badly anyway. The job I applied for was a 30 minute drive from where I live which I didn’t think was too bad, only to find the traffic in the town to be absolutely horrific. I got there and got sat in their staff room with no information for 15 minutes. Eventually the hiring manager came out but immediately after hearing that I was going to university this year cut off my interview without even asking me any proper questions. I offered to do lots of over time but she was very rude and abrupt.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Byfleet, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Waitrose (West Byfleet, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Went in thinking it was a group assessment to be told that it was a one on one interview because they decided to cut out the group assessment as it got quicker results.
    Interviewer was a woman who had been working at the store for 30 years, along with a younger woman who sat off to the side.
    Asked me around six or seven questions from a form and wrote down my answers under each one. Finished by asking if I wanted to ask a question, that they were going to photocopy my passport, but that if I had any questions they’d answer then when they came back. This was clearly very deliberate in getting me to ask something, which is something I’ve been told to do at interviews anyway.
    Did hear them talking to each other about ‘I just like to prompt them and let them know it’s there’ when they went out of the room, which was obviously about asking questions as well.
    Asked me about my availability and then about uniform sizes to end.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.