Waitrose Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Waitrose Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jan 2018

2.7

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, KY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

group interview before breaking off into a 1 on 1, team building exercises. they wanna see teamwork and confidence. Asked questions and had to stand infront of the group to answer the questions as well as working in small teams to complete tasks.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after completing the online tests, I was invited to attend an interview.
    First taken to a room and had to complete a form about details and availability etc. There were 12 people there and we got split into two groups and were taken into separate rooms to complete the group assessment. There were 3 managers in the room assessing us. The task itself was fairly easy; we were given 5 different customers all with different specifications/needs and we had to match the appropriate food item to each one. All about communicating with the group and talking about the decisions made.
    After that, we then went back into the main room with the other group and were called one by one for our individual interview. Again this was fairly easy, the woman interviewing me was really nice and friendly which helped calm my nerves. I was asked standard questions like "Describe a time/Give an example of ..." just make sure you have a lot of examples ready in your head.
    At the start of the process the recruiter said she would contact us within 20 to 25 days to say whether we got the job or not, but I received a call the next morning informing me that I had got the job! Overall I had a very positive experience.

Customer Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

I applied by completing online application form. Got a reply very soon afterwards asking me to take online test. About 3 or 4 days later I was invited to attend assessment instore. This was to be part group assessment, part one-to-one interview.
    Despite trying to prepare for the group test, on the day we were told this was not the case as we were applying for the delivery driver job and this would be an individual test with each applicant sat round a table filling in an action plan. This was a scenario where the driver had to load his van and complete his run while dealing with various problems.
    We had about 30 minutes to do this and, when time was almost up they introduced a new set of problems e.g. dropping cooking oil on a customer's floor.
    From there we were invited one at a time for the interview stage. This involved being asked why I wanted to work at Waitrose followed by 3 scripted questions.
    Told we would be contacted in about 2 weeks. At this point I'm still within that time so still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you challenged someone either in work or elsewhere.   1 Answer
    • Name a situation when you had to persevere.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

I arrived early to the interview so I decided to familiarise myself with the store layout and ask the employees about their interview and what I should expect (all the employees I spoke to were very nice and gave me some good tips). First I was called into a 1 on 1 interview which lasted approximately 20-25 minutes, and then we had a group interview, also approx (20-25 mins). We had to complete a task that deals with priorities, customer interaction and a task list from your manager. It's quite straightforward but make sure you speak up and give your opinion to the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had to adapt to change?   Answer Question
    • What are the most important things to consider when working in an environment with customers?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Twofold interview process. The first interview was over the phone. The interviewer asked questions around my CV. The second interview was a group interview where we were required to perform a task which involved selling recipes to customers.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of...
      What do you recommend for my main course?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Group Interview followed by 1 to 1 interview.
    Group interview involved working in teams on typical supermarket day, and solving problems.
    Individual interview was more about logistics/ start dates/ uniform requirements. They explain more about the role in this part, and ask if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work extra days/ hours during busy periods?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

I passed the online questions. In the actual interview but there was a group assessment and 1-1 interview. The assessment was quite simple just remember to talk or you won’t get assessed. 1-1 interview was quite intense as they asked questions that gets you really thinking.

Night Shift Stock Replenishment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Oxford, England) in December 2017.

Interview

There was supposed to be a group assessment but the person responsible didn't turn up, so all I had to do was the interview. Interview was very fast, very nice interviewer. I was asked for a copy of my CV after I presented it, so I'm sure it helps in your application.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your skills and why they would be beneficial in your position.

Recall a time you introduced a positive change to your workplace or school.

Recall a time where you had to problem solve with someone with an entirely different personality.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England).

Interview

. Today, many companies have an involved interview process starting with screening interviews, which often take place on the phone, followed by in-person interviews, second interviews, and even third interviews.

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Short one to one interview followed by a group exercise. Group exercise involved creating an action plan based on the profiles of 6 Waitrose employees and matching them to certain daily activities. Presented plan at the end and questions were raised.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.