Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 12 Jul 2018

2.6

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, KY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

group interview before breaking off into a 1 on 1, team building exercises. they wanna see teamwork and confidence. Asked questions and had to stand infront of the group to answer the questions as well as working in small teams to complete tasks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Waitrose

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frimley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Frimley, England) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was sent a text saying I'd have an interview after about 2 weeks. The interview was 2 weeks later. I arrived at Waitrose, was taken upstairs by a supermarket assistance. Then I was interviewed individually by the store manager. She was friendly and asked me simple questions about myself and my experiences. She then asked me which hours I would be available to work.

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

After filling out some questions on an application form, I was invited to a group interview. This was two hours long and involved exercises such as selling products to the rest of the group. I was then invited to a one-on-one interview which was about 20 minutes long. I answered generic questions about customer service. I was then told about a week later that I had the job.

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Interview

First group interview. Talk about yourself and what you are doing. Then they give you a scenario and how you would deal with it. I also had to do a group activity which involved cut up piece of paper and had to piece it together. Like a puzzle game. Thats all i can remeber. If sucessfull then you would be invited for final interview which the question i have listed below. Thats pretty much it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was 5 years ago. Now the head office recruits and before the branch itself use to recruit the people. Dont know how much the recruitment has changed now

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Wycombe, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (High Wycombe, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, completed the online questionnaires and was invited to attend an group interview. There was a 1 to 1 interview followed by a group assessment. The assessment was a scenario type where we had to prioritise problems that had arisen in the store. The interview was 2 hours long

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake at work and how did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sandbach, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Waitrose (Sandbach, England) in February 2017.

Interview

1:1 interview, very relaxed, manager had done a lot of background research on me, asked very general questions at start and then moved on to technical questions, had to do a task on allocating jobs to different partners and why they were suitable, lasted an hour, had 25 minutes to complete the task, manager friendly and chatty, not pressured in interview, staff that welcomed myself very kind - obviously good at their job in customer care, overall went decent, thou you do have to turn up smart as manager said to me I was only person who came in apprioate smart clothing and shoes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Waitrose?   1 Answer

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and did two/three tests online at the day of the application deadline day. Then received interview invitation 2 days later.

Had a 20 minutes 1:1 interview in Little Waitrose in Manchester. The interview was straight forward and all questions asked can be found in glassdoor interview reviews. The manager first briefly talked about the team and then started the interview by asking me to introduce my self.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself.
      Why Waitrose?
      Talk about a time when you ask for feedback.
      Talk about a time when you need to change the way you work.
      What would you tell a customer about our products?
      How would you ensure stock level maintained?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buckingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Buckingham, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Did some online forms such as situational test and then got invited to interview. There was a group task where we had to prioritise tasks from a standard working day and then present why we chose this order back to the manager. Then a one to one interview. Found out if we got an offer after 2 weeks as they had two separate interview days a week apart.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a team?
      When have you shown good communication skills?
      Tell me about a time you had to adapt to a change?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England) in December 2015.

Interview

After an online application that included a psychometric test and various questions on the Partnership values, I was invited to their learning centre. There a group interview took place, asking us to prioritise particular tasks that we had to accomplish in one shift at Waitrose. You will be observed by staff as you and other candidates discuss amongst yourself what the priority order of the tasks will be. There is no right answer as the final priority order did not matter; the discussion process was important. Afterwards, there was a straightforward one-on-one interview largely focusing on logistics

Interview Questions

• Which tasks on this list would you prioritise at a shift and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Malmesbury, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (Malmesbury, England) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online first by answering questions like "why do you want to work here" and "what makes great customer service". Then I was sent the link to an online assessment where it gives you situations and you answer what you would do.

A week or so later I was invited to an interview (as the store I was applying for hadn't been built yet it was held at a hotel nearby). First it was a 1-on-1 with a hiring manager where he asked 3/4 simple questions like "Tell me about yourself", then I went into a group interview with about 6 other people. We were given a situation (a customer was complaining about parking) and we had to work together to come up with a solution. I volunteered to be the scribe and made sure to speak up but not interrupt anyone else, I think this is important. Make sure you say something so they notice you! About 2 weeks later I was offered a job on the bakery counter

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.