Waitrose Supermarket Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 15 Oct 2017

2.5

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, KY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

group interview before breaking off into a 1 on 1, team building exercises. they wanna see teamwork and confidence. Asked questions and had to stand infront of the group to answer the questions as well as working in small teams to complete tasks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Waitrose

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after completing the online tests, I was invited to attend an interview.
    First taken to a room and had to complete a form about details and availability etc. There were 12 people there and we got split into two groups and were taken into separate rooms to complete the group assessment. There were 3 managers in the room assessing us. The task itself was fairly easy; we were given 5 different customers all with different specifications/needs and we had to match the appropriate food item to each one. All about communicating with the group and talking about the decisions made.
    After that, we then went back into the main room with the other group and were called one by one for our individual interview. Again this was fairly easy, the woman interviewing me was really nice and friendly which helped calm my nerves. I was asked standard questions like "Describe a time/Give an example of ..." just make sure you have a lot of examples ready in your head.
    At the start of the process the recruiter said she would contact us within 20 to 25 days to say whether we got the job or not, but I received a call the next morning informing me that I had got the job! Overall I had a very positive experience.

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

Several online tests and application questions to determine if you fit into the culture of Waitrose (team player). Depending if you are successful, you will receive a phone call, inviting you for a interview. The interview I had was a one to one.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a disagreement with anyone, and if so how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England) in October 2017.

Interview

I arrived slightly early, I was expecting a group interview but I was just called by the recruitment manager into a room where she asked me a range of questions relating to why I want this job and others

Interview Questions

• Name one time where you had to do something differently   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I applied online. Had to complete multiple online assessments. There was meant to be a group assessment as well as a one to one interview, but due to short time there was only the one to one interview. It went pretty well. I was asked the usual interview questions, the interviewer was very friendly and I felt comfortable being there.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (London, England).

Interview

The process was quite chill I think. I was taken in by one of the managers and she sat me down in her office and she asked me if I was okay... just general chit chat. The staff seemed really friendly.
    We then did a group assessment which I found quite easy because all you have to do is make up you talk with sense, even if you dont know what anyone is saying just agree and confirm with the group before you make the final decision because it makes you look like you care about what everyone in the team has to say.

Interview Questions

• Describr a time when you had to use a prop to help or advise someone.   1 Answer

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

An initial task was given for 20 minutes, in which I had to assign various Partners to various roles, and then I had to speak through the changes to the interviewer. He was very kind and gave lots of encouraging noises, and then we had an interview with the same person. It was brilliant. And then I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Warwick, West Midlands, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (Warwick, West Midlands, England) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. It was a simple and easy online process. I got called for an interview 2 days after applying online (I was very impressed with how quick this was after reading some people have had to wait up to a month). My interview was the next day on from the phone call. After reading about the competitive and quite aggressive sounding group interviews some people have had to do I got quite worried as I'm not a person who necessarily likes talking over others, however when I arrived I felt instantly comfortable. An employee got me a cup of coffee while he went to get the manager.

The interview was one on one and was very relaxed (and didn't even feel like an interview - more like a chat, even though she did ask the interview questions). It took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a change you have gone through and how you adapted to it?   1 Answer
    • When talking to a customer, what would you tell them specifically about the product?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why Waitrose?   Answer Question

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose.

Interview

The first part of the interview involved a group assessment in which we each were given a profile of different employees. The interviewer outlined what was going on at the store that day and as a group we were given a certain amount of time to assign employees to the jobs that needed completing that day. After the group interview, we were each interviewed individually.

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose (Reading, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online after which they took a few days to get back to me. Invited for interview a week or so after- a group interview followed by one to one. Took about two weeks to get back to me. Interviewer was friendly and made me feel at ease. Group task was a little awkward to begin with.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.