Waitrose & Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 Oct 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Supermarket Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose & Partners (London, KY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

group interview before breaking off into a 1 on 1, team building exercises. they wanna see teamwork and confidence. Asked questions and had to stand infront of the group to answer the questions as well as working in small teams to complete tasks.

Interview Questions

• Waitrose History
      what you do in your free time   1 Answer

Supermarket Assistant Various Departments Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Went through the online tests and got offered to come in for an interview. In the interview there were about 5 of us and we all had to complete a task in 30 minutes then make a presentation. The task was simple and it was all based on reading customers feedback and making solutions for the problems brought up by customers. There where two people in watching us and making notes. After this we all waited in the cafeteria and we're called in twos for our one-to-one interviews which were an additional 30 mins. Overall the whole thing took just under 2 hours.

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

Interesting interview process including the creation of presentations and strategy based on business cases. Both behavioural and technical questions. Very structured interview process with a lot of pre work required.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waitrose & Partners (Bracknell, England) in June 2011.

Interview

A two stage interview process. First interview was more to check candidate profile fit with HR type questions. Second interview was more technical chat with a walk through my CV

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with changing trends in technology?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose & Partners in September 2013.

Interview

After passing the online situational judgement test ('Values Tool Test'), I was invited to a group interview where we had to create an advert for a new packet of sweets the store was to introduce.

Interview Questions

• If you could have anyone over for dinner, who would it be, and what would you cook them?   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose & Partners (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview featured a group discussion based on health and safety/retail environment - following this a short one on one with some quick questions. The interview was conducted in groups of 4-6 and focused on success in retail contexts.

Interview Questions

• Think about a time when you've had to make an independent decision. What did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waitrose & Partners.

Interview

Online application - straightforward competancy questions

Face to Face Interview - Talked about previous examples of working in teams, showing initiative. This part is easy as long as you think of examples beforehand and show how they make you a good candidate - the STAR format works well for this part.

Anonymous Employee in Finchley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waitrose & Partners (Finchley, England) in September 2017.

Interview

You will fill out an application asking where you'd like to work, what hours,any restrictions you have, uniform size, and etc. A group interview based on finding your potential customers needs and selecting a product suitable to their needs, this task is more about how you interact with others and it's important you voice your opinion or you will automatically fail. Then you have an individual interview and asked a variety of questions.

Assistant Interview

Interview

There was a group interview with over 10 people there, with different exercises and roleplays involved. It took around 2 hours overall and heard back the same day. Overall I believe this was a smooth interview process.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waitrose & Partners in July 2017.

Interview

Group assessment of around half an hour followed by general questions to the group (of 6 people). Ended with an interview for each person, mine lasted around 40 minutes.

Group assessment was to create an action plan for the day of a hypothetical store and prioritise tasks which we then fed back to the partner. It was a quite relaxed environment though, we didn't have to stand up or create anything for the presentation.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.