Walmart Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Walmart Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

2.2

Department Manager Interview

Interview

They ask you literally like 2 questions about customer service and then they talk for a while about what you your position will be and your duties. Then if they give you the job you will know on the spot. If they say they will call you, you most likely won't get it.

Interview Questions

• A time when you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Applied on the in-house portal. Selected for interview. Asked 2 to 3 questions. Went over job description. Asked if I had any questions. Answered the questions. Chatted about the day to day process of the job

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

1 question. Talked to a manager. Since hired into manager position I was required to do a background test and drug test. Same question for anyone who applies. Apply online.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart in April 2019.

Interview

Tried to move over from another department and was treated well during interview. Was asked good questions about how I could contribute and make the department better. They ended up giving it to an old friend

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

you and two other people that signed up for the job get an interview. when they find the right applicant they let the teo that did not get hired for the job now and then thing will let you know that you got it. The questions are not hard. As long as you know what you're doing it's pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   4 Answers

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Take a test on the computer, they call you up, ask you about your experiences. They go over some of the questions from the test, nothing too bad. Once you're hired you have to take tests on the computer

Interview Questions

• Do you show up on time when you're scheduled?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Interview

Two part process with store manager and assistant manager over the area. It was very straightforward and they went over their expectations for the area. I toured each area. We discussed anything that I saw that could be improved.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Fayetteville, GA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

There was no interview. I was called to come in. they offered me a job without asking any questions. The interviewer was very rude and did not seem to care about anything except for fulfilling an interview quota. She actually stated this to me. In hindsight, this should have been a warning sign not to work there.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Saint Paul, MN (US)).

Interview

It was nerve wracking at first but was actually just a chat to know about oneself.
    It was a fun interview nonetheless.
    Same question for all the other entry to mid job interviews.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

The hiring process is short and the point. They ask situational questions and expect you to provide an example. When you answer, answer with confidence. Also, answer from a manager perspective, not an associate.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.