Walmart Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Walmart Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

2.2

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Catskill, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Catskill, NY (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

two on site interviews. They usually hire anyone if they're desperate for help. Interviews are help in breakroom while associates sit around you and eat lunch. No more drug testing.

Interview Questions

• Can you open up your availability?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Decatur, AL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

i was asked one question. They acted like they were going to hire me until their boss reminded them that they had to do at least 3 people an interview. The Woman told me they would call me on Monday (this was on a Friday) and let me know either way. That was 3 weeks ago. I'm still waithing on that call!

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that i have done while employed that i was proud of.   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA (US)

Interview

Asked basic star model questions (beginning middle end results) they like to see how you can handle problems. Dress the part for the interview. There's usually 2 people in the room.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a customer happy. What did you do and what was the result   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in April 2009.

Interview

Lots of questions to keep you thinking and make sure your management material. The questions give you no perspective to go off of, so they actually, in part, show your creativity in which your describing a past experience or making something up as you go. All questions must have a self example, so I would suggest either thinking of each type of management question they might have and trying to remember an example or being creative. Either way you want to have them set in mind so your not caught off guard.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in a group, and needed to voice your opinion about the objective. In what way did you voice your opinion? What was the end result?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Reno, NV (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

They ask one question about your character outside of work, basically how you help others. They are looking for people who have leadership qualities along with empathetic attributes. I had already worked for this store for 3 or so years before this interview, but as long as you have the experience you can be hired without being with this store previously.

Interview Questions

• They ask one question about your character outside of work, basically how you help others.   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Adams, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (North Adams, MA (US)).

Interview

Answering 5 questions that are quite the same just repeated in a different way. 2, if available, Managers asking the repetitive questions for the 1st sitting. You are then scored by the interviewers and you wait out of the office until they decide yes or nay! It then goes to a 2nd sitting with the same basic questions done by an Assistant Manager, and a Dept Manager. The questions are then again scored and the same task of leaving office and being called back in if hired. If you go forward to the 3rd interview, you talk to the store Manager or other Assistant, given a yes or no and then do drug testing.

Interview Questions

• If in my past jobs if I had a problem with a customer, how did I handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmichael, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Carmichael, CA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

First, Apply online, pass the assesment exam and wait for them to call you, they're gonna call you once you are qualified for the position and and they will set up a date for an interview for you, come as early as possible, they want a fast process, once they like you, it's boom!, you're hired. you have to pass 2 interviews, questions will be situational like for example of a time wherein you must do something you didnt expect, something like that, and then next will be the hiring manager who will interview you, this part, you will have to be more specific on what you can do and what similarities of your experience for the job you are applying for. it's easy if you have an experience about the position. once you're all set, they're gonna let you take a drug test and fill out forms like w4 and etc,and then boom, you will start as soon as possible.

Interview Questions

• is there a time wherein you have to not break a rule and what did you do   Answer Question
    • give us an example of how you became a role model of integrity and honesty for you associate's.   Answer Question

Negotiation

i really dont know, what i think is, you have to think of a long term goal, if you think that this offer will be good for you for a long time, then say nothing and grab the offer. if you're thinking that the offer is too low for you, then just ask them, is that the highest they can give to you?.if they answer yes, then its really up to you to accept it.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Tulsa, OK (US)) in August 2009.

Interview

The interview consists of responding to how you would act in certain situations. Ethics, teamwork, how one responds to high stress, are all evaluated. There will usually be one interviewer and one observer. Both will usually be the people you will work with, but there are times that a store will be swamped and a random member of management will do the interview. Eye contact and relevant answers are most important.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you did not have the time to complete all your assigned tasks. How did you prioritize? Did you cut corners, leave certain tasks undone?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is usually minimal based on Wal-mart's pay scale.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Reno, NV (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

I first applied online for the job, and had two very easy interviews back to back, to inititally get the job. After working for walmart for a little over a year, i knew i wanted to go higher up in the company. The day i had my interview for department manager i had no idea that i was going to have it and was completely umprepared. I haven't had any experience as a supervisor before and I thought that's what all the questions seemed to refer as, (how were you a boss this way, and how did you lead that way) i ended up not getting the position and i figured it was because of my poor interview. Now i'm going for department manager again and this time they gave me a week heads up!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to take lead with a big project.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Sacramento, CA (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

It was a very interesting process. I was first invite in for an interview for a dept manager spot. Very basic, how do you handle this type of thing or this type of thing. Very easy. Then they passed me on to another manager who did the same interview. He called me a day a later and told me I didn't get the spot but he wanted to offer the same spot different department. But the pay was 25% lower from the other spot. ???

pay to low

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.